[Panorama] Updated “Old town”

Woodyrojo

The map looks promising and beautiful. Hopefully, it also still has some narrow streets for those who liked the old one and offers enough passageways to reach all parts of map without staying in the open.

Speaking of what may be noticed on the map, will players actually ever get hands on the weapon like that?

Weapon.png.f275f2bdb7d95135fca720b82f0b7

Crossout needs to push the limits as there are much more destructive weapons out there comparing to what's currently at the game's disposal, such as GAU-8 Avenger 30mm gatling gun (35-70 shots per second), etc. Apocalypse is definitely the time to use all of it. Considering that even the toughest builds in the game do not pass the 30 ton limit, it means that none of the "iron monsters" that we have in the game can be actually classified higher than a "light tank". Limits have to go further.

Edited by The_Doomsday

That's a proper rework guys, much better than the ship graveyard. Can't wait for the fortress map, i loved it so much, so i hope you can somehow make it even better 

• Upvote 3

not to keen on this rework of old town, not from what I saw on the screenshots, I dont see anything that looks even closely towards the old old town.

all the panormas makes it look like a big open area, can we get a top down screenshot / map of this new redesign?

and take some still pictures, from up high looking at difrent angles of the map.

it would makes more sence seeing the map as how its layed out, not some big open area panorama screenshots

kinda feeel like all maps getting turned into big open areas for the big fat hovers and oversized obnoxious builds to be able to manuvre about, and for W-cancer dogs to have easier time not to get stuck on things like they used to in the old map.

• Upvote 6

The old "Old Town" was good how ist was. 

This is a different map for me which has nothing to do with the old one.

Same to old "Control-17 Station". I loved the map.

Bring both maps Back in addition to the new ones. The more different maps, the better.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Does this map also get some pretty weather conditions like ship graveyard?

oh how i love the night theme on that. 
I did recently a hard raid there with 8 retchers in total vs steppenwolfs… that looked like the end of days. Everything on fire and the sky was covered with glowing granades, smoketrails and the mandrake shots form the wolves. 
give me more of this!! That was the first raid ever i was sad that it was over. And it was the defense one.

Houses look too simple and unaffected by vegetation, much worse than original map =( 
Or maybe there is much less vegetation in general, which looks not as cool imo. 

Edited by MegaRooster

Preferred the old look.

Any way, how about some environmental hazards?

Something that goes boom.

Have some of those red fuel barrels in my garage set-up.

When you drive though them, you receive damage.

Something like that.

• Upvote 2

Looks good. Unfortunate that Playstation is mostly low skill Bastion spiders, so this is another map they can just hold the base for easy wins in clan wars. Really need to reduce the Bastion perk on our platform to 20-30% reduction. No reason to use any other heavy cab unless you want to die first.

I prefered the older map with narrow passages, several wrecks that made it unique... the newer one, by the photos, seems to much open... we already have tons of those kind of maps...

Also the ambient seems to much perfect for an apocalyptic scenario... the older one had crumbled buildings, vegetation taking over cars and structures... etc...

Dunno whats hapened but since a while ago we are getting updates and reworks no one asked for... i agree revamping the maps but in visual terms they are some steps back...

You should put a LOT more effort in ending the broken wedge meta where a very light build, even skeleton build, can wedge a heavy tanky build with no repercussions and dump more dps in seconds them a canon shot can cause in 2 or 3 shots... on the new brawl its wedge tracked mania... no fun, no diversity at all... boring as hell...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

Looks good. Unfortunate that Playstation is mostly low skill Bastion spiders, so this is another map they can just hold the base for easy wins in clan wars. Really need to reduce the Bastion perk on our platform to 20-30% reduction. No reason to use any other heavy cab unless you want to die first.

I disagree. Bastion is a very strong option but so is Cohort...and the new trigger will also make bastion less effective. They do need to buff Yoko and the new cabin though...they are rare in high level CW. Do something to make those legendary cabins viable in more than just a few esoteric builds

People saying they prefer the old version of old town map must've forgotten how tiny it was and how cramp it was, hardly any room to maneuver unless you were in the wide open center circle with little to no cover, the map was way too tiny and gave lance/dog/w builds too much advantage, so far from what I've seen of this remodeled map it actually looks like a town and not a cordon off part of a town, old version of old town was a good raid map but no so good pvp and when it was still in rotation from what I saw and heard 95% of the people who spoke to me or talked about the old version of old town said it was way too tiny and too narrow, I'll take a map you can maneuver around better over a lance/dog/w paradise and one that actually looks like a town and not a run down church with a few blown up buildings any day of the week. this map is a lot better then the redone ship graveyard, they should have added more water in the remodeled of ship graveyard!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

I can still recognize the underlying blueprint there. You got the church that's next to the east spawn and across the middle cap is the west side where you now have more entrances available. Looks promising. :good:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

I liked the old Old Town better, I loved the narrow passages, how i could unleash a salvo of rockets in my buggy and then drive away fast making sharp turns in my buggy and dodging fire while navigating the narrow streets trying not to flip over. A very fun map for those who like to drive fast and high risk high reward situation.

This one just looks like one of the bunch, everything so spread out a baby could drive without crashing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/13/2021 at 6:34 AM, The_Doomsday said:

The map looks promising and beautiful. Hopefully, it also still has some narrow streets for those who liked the old one and offers enough passageways to reach all parts of map without staying in the open.

Speaking of what may be noticed on the map, will players actually ever get hands on the weapon like that?

Weapon.png.f275f2bdb7d95135fca720b82f0b7

Crossout needs to push the limits as there are much more destructive weapons out there comparing to what's currently at the game's disposal, such as GAU-8 Avenger 30mm gatling gun (35-70 shots per second), etc. Apocalypse is definitely the time to use all of it. Considering that even the toughest builds in the game do not pass the 30 ton limit, it means that none of the "iron monsters" that we have in the game can be actually classified higher than a "light tank". Limits have to go further.

thats huge, looks like a rocket launcher to me. i like it, but try fitting that on a build that cant have much armor, mandrakes suffer that problem to. 8 energy but can only be placed on medium or light cabins with very little to no armor. 

Edited by Zarrurer