Armor power score should be set to ZERO to save mid range match making

Voltrc

Player match making is pretty much a joke in the mid range 8K to 14K range.  You are basicly praying the other side does not have very many players with the following build: 2 scorpions, 4 hoovers, 1 cab and.... almost nothing else

I have not yet heard anyone complaining....oh that guy had to much armor he is op!  EVERYONE except the players with the scorpions is complaining about being matched up against weapons they can't even think about getting yet... and while the naked hoover/scorpion is the most extream version of this problem in general people with high end weapons can slide into a more favorable match up if they just go light on armor with a light fast build.

Armor slows you down and there are built in limits already in place on how much armor you can put on on a particular chasse.  IT MAKES NO SENSE to have a creative game about building the best ARMORED car and then to skew match making to favor those who go WITHOUT ARMOR!  If you want to go light and fast without armor fine...but you better be really skilled at hit and run because your weapons and modules should be matched against other players with similar modules and weapons....not with players who took the time to build an actual armored vehicle with inferior weapons and modules.

I supose you could just nerf scorpions in to oblivion to improve the mid range matchmaking experance, but it really makes sense to remove power score from armor.  THEN lets see how many players go running around with no armor.  This is a ARMORED car game not an UNARMORED car game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard .. you clearly have no idea how this game works. You saying that barebones build is equal to fully armored CW meta build? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH .....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sethioz said:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard .. you clearly have no idea how this game works. You saying that barebones build is equal to fully armored CW meta build? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH .....

Technically he is not, but he is speaks is so many knots he may as-well be;

from what i understood he just doesn’t want to be penalized as much for having actual armor on his vehicles.

14 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

from what i understood he just doesn’t want to be penalized as much for having actual armor on his vehicles.

well that's the nonsense part, because armor makes your vehicle MORE POWERFUL! I don't understand how someone thinks that armor should have no power score.

Here's example, imagine a barebones hover scorpion build, it would be around 12000 - 13000 PS, which can be disabled in one precise shot. Mine is 13500 with low PS armor parts, if armor would take NO power score at all, I could drop that build to 12000 with far more armor on it, because some armor parts are higher PS due their weight to durability ratio. This would mean I could play far more effective hover in far lower PS, making it even more unfair.

Whole idea of armor power score, is so that you can either have:

1. Better guns that do more damage, but less armor. Such build would be useful for precision play, such as peek and shoot or degunning enemies, while making it less effective for tanking.
or
2. More armor, with less effective guns, so you can take more damage, but also do less damage. Such build would be good for pure tanking, like holding the cap or pushing enemies.

If armor would require no power score, then it would be completely chaotic and would make no sense at all.

ONLY things I'd like to see changed, are:
- Fuel barrel and tank should give negative power score, because it doesn't make your vehicle powerful, it makes it weaker. This should stack up to 3 times and no more, to prevent smurfing with high tier weapons in very low PS
- Decor parts should be lot less power score. Some decor parts add way too much power score, yet they don't make your vehicle more powerful
- Some armor parts power score is broken, such as the part "vial" or the "fuselage". If you compare fuselage with small plow, then fuselage is better in every way (stronger, does more ram damage and less weight), but it also has lower PS than small plow, this makes no sense. So I think some PS adjusting would be nice, but making them 0 PS would be absolute nonsense.

16 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

penalized as much for having actual armor

I think this is valid point. In fast paced, dps-based game like crossout (now) is, value - which should be reflected in PS - of armour is way lower than that of weapons and modules. Armour also adds weight = lower acceleration which makes huge difference in XO. Of course there are some niche builds that can work but those are rarely practical. In short, armour is just less effective than weapon at the same PS.

I though about it before and my solution would be to just double PS of everything - that would cause high PS weapons to be more separated (no more same build mammoth vs mastodon in the same matches), lower PS stuff would be less affected by this so you could add (much) more armour to high PS builds and still add significant amount in lower PS. The only problem is it would spread the playerbase even thinner than it is now so queue times would be longer etc, but at least we would have a bit more fair games.

2 hours ago, Sethioz said:

well that's the nonsense part, because armor makes your vehicle MORE POWERFUL! I don't understand how someone thinks that armor should have no power score.

Here's example, imagine a barebones hover scorpion build, it would be around 12000 - 13000 PS, which can be disabled in one precise shot. Mine is 13500 with low PS armor parts, if armor would take NO power score at all, I could drop that build to 12000 with far more armor on it, because some armor parts are higher PS due their weight to durability ratio. This would mean I could play far more effective hover in far lower PS, making it even more unfair.

Whole idea of armor power score, is so that you can either have:

1. Better guns that do more damage, but less armor. Such build would be useful for precision play, such as peek and shoot or degunning enemies, while making it less effective for tanking.
or
2. More armor, with less effective guns, so you can take more damage, but also do less damage. Such build would be good for pure tanking, like holding the cap or pushing enemies.

If armor would require no power score, then it would be completely chaotic and would make no sense at all.

ONLY things I'd like to see changed, are:
- Fuel barrel and tank should give negative power score, because it doesn't make your vehicle powerful, it makes it weaker. This should stack up to 3 times and no more, to prevent smurfing with high tier weapons in very low PS
- Decor parts should be lot less power score. Some decor parts add way too much power score, yet they don't make your vehicle more powerful
- Some armor parts power score is broken, such as the part "vial" or the "fuselage". If you compare fuselage with small plow, then fuselage is better in every way (stronger, does more ram damage and less weight), but it also has lower PS than small plow, this makes no sense. So I think some PS adjusting would be nice, but making them 0 PS would be absolute nonsense.

I agree with mostly all of those honestly, but at this moment in game we are still way too penalized for bringing armor; it is not necessarily ps which needs changing, there are lots of flaws in the current "armor parts" and "durability" system, some of which are impossible to fix,

On 10/13/2021 at 8:51 PM, Voltrc said:

Player match making is pretty much a joke in the mid range 8K to 14K range.  You are basicly praying the other side does not have very many players with the following build: 2 scorpions, 4 hoovers, 1 cab and.... almost nothing else

As those scorp builds are right now, one solid hit will send them to oblivion. No armor PS penalty? would you like those builds to have armor, too? 

Glass cannon Scorp sniper builds galore!