Jump to content

Partial wedges fix, Every shotgun in this game should work as Arothron


 Share

Recommended Posts

That meaning... 

Super close range - - - - Lowest damage

Optimal distance  - - - -  full damage

Long range - - - lowest damage to zero damage

 

Clarification, work similar way to arothrons NOT the same, numbers and distance will need to be adjust of course, 

Edit 1

NO BUDDY USE WEDGE AROTHRONS FOR THIS REASON, extrapolate this reality to other weapons will in someway partially fix the wedges problem, 

 

Edit 2

----->Shotguns are just way too easy <¬¬¬¬¬

Step 1 wedge

Step 2 apply shotguns 

Step 3 repeat 

This is a problem, developers know this and try many mechanics to fix it, yet crushing damage die before release, so new ways to deal with this wedge problem are needed...

 

Get close, expose yourself is not dangerous at all if you are lifting the enemy and shooting freely dealing massive damage... 

With this change people will still be able to wedge others BUT it won't be so fast /easy kill others :002j:

Edit 3

It's not like crossout is totally realistic but it is in many ways, and... 

Any bullet need gain velocity to do MORE damage, and velocity is gain with enough space /distance... 

So it's not that crazy wussy I'm suggesting... :dntknw:

 

 

Dear developers plz evaluate this, thank you. 

 

Edited by Zhetesh@psn
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope.

Personally i don't like the family they belong, how they work.

I rather have proper SGs, fast firing and with sustained firing.

If you run a SG build you know you can't trade shots at distance, you have to get closer, expose yourself AKA taking risks, you need a proper weapon to do that, to be able to walk away alive.

If you run another build your widow of  opportunity  closes as a SG gets near you, knowing that, it's a question of how can you maintain your opportunity widow open as long as you can avoiding situations where your build are weak and play to your build strengths.

It seems to me that you are having problems with SGs builds, don't be afraid to specialize your build to counter them, the way to do it it's up to you.

tank, speed, manoeuvrability., PS management  

Personally i try to all my builds are best used against cannons, a thing of the past that i cannot shake and i can't say I'm disappointed. I can take a few Tsunami shots in the face or in the **** and still keep going.

Just for curiosity, can you show your build?

Edited by Babuskae
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zhetesh@psn said:

That meaning... 

Super close range - - - - Lowest damage

Optimal distance  - - - -  full damage

Long range - - - lowest damage to zero damage

 

Dear developers plz evaluate this, thank you. 

 

You do know that's why the Arothron was dead on arrival right?

It's literally too finnicky to use effectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All guns should need to fire atleast 4 blocks (or pins) of the constructor away from itself in my opinion;

 

need anything less than that? Then don’t use a “gun” use a melee weapon instead.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Babuskae said:

It seems to me that you are having problems

Hummm, it's not about me having problems (I have my personal METAs for my favorite PS 5 to 9 k, no problems here...) it's about the game itself...

----->Shotguns are just way too easy <¬¬¬¬¬

Step 1 wedge

Step 2 apply shotguns 

Step 3 repeat 

This is a problem, developers know this and try many mechanics to fix it, yet crushing damage die before release, so new ways to deal with this wedge problem are needed...

 

Get close, expose yourself is not dangerous at all if you are lifting the enemy and shooting freely 

With this change people will still be able to wedge others BUT it won't be so fast /easy kill others :002j:

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Zhetesh@psn changed the title to Partial wedges fix, Every shotgun in this game should work as Arothron

No

I do think however that Retcher could use something like -10% damage +20% blast radius. Makes it perform better at long range, and worse at melee range. lower degunning/cabing potential, bigger self-damage in case of xxxx melee gameplay.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, Zhetesh@psn said:

Hummm, it's not about me having problems (I have my personal METAs for my favorite PS 5 to 9 k, no problems here...) it's about the game itself...

It's cause you are always talking about wedges, that's all.

At a certain point i was having some success against wedges 

I teared apart my fair share of  wedges in the recent past (6k PS ), rip them clean from their builds, some, even left our little encounter broken in half,   twitching, incapable of doing anything else for the rest of the match, using the gasgen, I abandoned that approach because it made me extremely susceptible to incinerators and  to my nemesis, cannon builds. But i was planning to add even more explosives stuff to ensure mutual destruction if not for those two main factors ( fires and splash)

My current 6 k PS build was a tilted build in the beginning, my frontal plows were scrapping the floor all the time i could stop a wedge on it's tracks head on if the terrain favoured me, usually in a plain terrain but i was using defenders at that time and the firing angles of my 2 frontal Mgs were awful, At medium and long range i was hitting the targets with only 2, the other 2 were hitting the ground in a very close range.

I even tried to build a lobster tail at the back.  When i took off the tilted i even test weapons facing downwards specially for wedges. It was fun but ultimately wedges were not my focus and all this distractions were taking away from my main subject.... cannons. 

What i'm trying to say, if wedges are your pet hate, don't be afraid to specialize your build to counter them. You can have limited success against them and even go further than me.

 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, Zhetesh@psn said:

----->Shotguns are just way too easy <¬¬¬¬¬

Step 1 wedge

Step 2 apply shotguns 

Step 3 repeat 

This is a problem, developers know this and try many mechanics to fix it, yet crushing damage die before release, so new ways to deal with this wedge problem are needed...

 

As i said. No, they are not. They have good burst damage, but they need that, a lot can go wrong very fast  because N factors, we all are involved in an arms race we can't win and among all types of builds that race it's more crucial in close quarters/ brawl builds, they don't have what all the others have...time, DOT (damage over time).

I was forced to move on from Spitfires, now i have Ruptures and they are awesome but nothing changed , so i prioritize differently every opponent that i met

On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, Zhetesh@psn said:

 

Get close, expose yourself is not dangerous at all if you are lifting the enemy and shooting freely 

That it's one of the things that can go wrong very fast

On 10/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, Zhetesh@psn said:

With this change people will still be able to wedge others BUT it won't be so fast /easy kill others :002j:

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Babuskae said:

I teared apart my fair share of  wedges in the recent past (6k PS ), rip them clean from their builds, some, even left our little encounter broken in half,   twitching, incapable of doing anything else for the rest of the match, using the gasgen, I abandoned that approach because it made me extremely susceptible to incinerators and  to my nemesis, cannon builds. But i was planning to add even more explosives stuff to ensure mutual destruction if not for those two main factors ( fires and splash)

My current 6 k PS build was a tilted build in the beginning, my frontal plows were scrapping the floor all the time i could stop a wedge on it's tracks head on if the terrain favoured me, usually in a plain terrain but i was using defenders at that time and the firing angles of my 2 frontal Mgs were awful, At medium and long range i was hitting the targets with only 2, the other 2 were hitting the ground in a very close range.

I even tried to build a lobster tail at the back.  When i took off the tilted i even test weapons facing downwards specially for wedges. It was fun but ultimately wedges were not my focus and all this distractions were taking away from my main subject.... cannons. 

What i'm trying to say, if wedges are your pet hate, don't be afraid to specialize your build to counter them. You can have limited success against them and even go further than me.

 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, Zhetesh@psn said:

----->Shotguns are just way too easy <¬¬¬¬¬

Step 1 wedge

Step 2 apply shotguns 

Step 3 repeat 

This is a problem, developers know this and try many mechanics to fix it, yet crushing damage die before release, so new ways to deal with this wedge problem are needed...

Expand  

 

As i said. No, they are not. They have good burst damage, but they need that, a lot can go wrong very fast  because N factors, we all are involved in an arms race we can't win and among all types of builds that race it's more crucial in close quarters/ brawl builds, they don't have what all the others have...time, DOT (damage over time).

I was forced to move on from Spitfires, now i have Ruptures and they are awesome but nothing changed , so i prioritize differently every opponent that i met

On 10/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, Zhetesh@psn said:

 

Get close, expose yourself is not dangerous at all if you are lifting the enemy and shooting freely 

That it's one of the things that can go wrong very fast

On 10/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, Zhetesh@psn said:

With this change people will still be able to wedge others BUT it won't be so fast /easy kill others :002j:

 

 

well said

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If nerfing shotguns close range damage would be a fix to wedging, I would be against that for one simple reason...
It would be the whole - Nerf a weapon because it's OP on hovers - thing again....
We shouldn't nerf a weapon based on how it performs on a certain build or a movement part.

I am going to repeat myself again and again and forever every time a wedge fix is mentioned, but the fix to wedges is making the plow hitbox a box instead of a slope while the physical model remains the same.
Any other sloped structural part used instead will brake on collisions and be easy to shoot off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MrSplatter said:

I am going to repeat myself again and again and forever every time a wedge fix is mentioned, but the fix to wedges is making the plow hitbox a box instead of a slope while the physical model remains the same.
Any other sloped structural part used instead will brake on collisions and be easy to shoot off.

I have to say I do make wedges, and they never use the horribly inneficient and heavy train plow. You technically don't need anything but the high damage hatchets/wing blades/that new Steppenwolf bumper which is op af.
And making every slope, hatchet and plow a box doesn't sound right to me. I'd much rather see a form of crushing damage implemented.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I have to say I do make wedges, and they never use the horribly inneficient and heavy train plow. You technically don't need anything but the high damage hatchets/wing blades/that new Steppenwolf bumper which is op af.
And making every slope, hatchet and plow a box doesn't sound right to me. I'd much rather see a form of crushing damage implemented.

Ok, I admit when I am wrong. But most of these use the plow as the most efficient and durable part. 

But, I would have nothing against all blades and shives turned into spikes. This way the sharp tip is in the center and it does have a flat collider in the front while still being a sharp spike-like weapon with no low centered down to ground tip...

Yes, crushing damage would be great... and if I am caught by a heavy build that runs over my car and crushes it, well.. Big wheeled trucks and tanks DO crush cars, and wouldn't it be THE thing to do if it was real world? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MrSplatter said:

If nerfing shotguns close range damage would be a fix to wedging, I would be against that for one simple reason...
It would be the whole - Nerf a weapon because it's OP on hovers - thing again....
We shouldn't nerf a weapon based on how it performs on a certain build or a movement part.

I am going to repeat myself again and again and forever every time a wedge fix is mentioned, but the fix to wedges is making the plow hitbox a box instead of a slope while the physical model remains the same.
Any other sloped structural part used instead will brake on collisions and be easy to shoot off.

All the other weapons get their guns blocked from firing if they are too close to something; while most of the shotguns are not afected at all, the thing we should be all against of is shotguns dealing 100% damage to things less than 2 weld points away from itself as most other weapons get their barrel blocked and can’t fire at all from that distance

Edited by _davekko_
My Grammar was horrendous
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _davekko_ said:

All the other weapons get their guns blocked from firing if they are too close to something; while most if the shotguns are not afected at all, the thing we should be all agains of is shotguns dealing 100% damage to things less than 2 weld points away from itself as most other weapons get their barrel blocked and can’t fire at all from that distance

To start with, no guns should be blocked from being able to fire.
But I agree that if a MG can't fire if there is anything right in front of the barrel, shot gun shouldn't either.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MrSplatter said:

making the plow hitbox a box instead of a slope while the physical model remains the same.

or what about make plows only rotate on the x and z axes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not like crossout is totally realistic but it is in many ways, and... 

Any bullet need gain velocity to do MORE damage, and velocity is gain with enough space /distance... 

So it's not that crazy what I'm suggesting... :dntknw:

Edited by Zhetesh@psn
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brighty_07 said:

or what about make plows only rotate on the x and z axes?

That was an idea long ago, and would probably do the trick. But it does limit creativity... So I'm still for the collider change, but whatever, as long as wedges go.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MrSplatter said:

To start with, no guns should be blocked from being able to fire.
But I agree that if a MG can't fire if there is anything right in front of the barrel, shot gun shouldn't either.

A bit off, i know but...

But that's already happening and even further, where a Mg fits that doesn't mean another Mg of the same type can fit.

That's why i'm using SG now.

Once upon a time there was a 6 k PS build with Defenders, the logical upgrade would be Protectors, but they didn't fit but Spitfires did, simple as that.

When i felt the need to upgrade from Spitfires, Leeches didn't fit either but Ruptures did and they have the right perk unlike Leeches.

The fun part is, when i updated my armour 10 K PS Ruptures fit but Spitfires don't fit.

 

IMO

we should be able to change seamless between same type of weapon, where one works all the others should work too being MGs or SGs

 

While my SG builds are well on track, my MG build is waiting for a much needed upgrade, but it's on hold because barrel collision issues

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Brighty_07 said:

or what about make plows only rotate on the x and z axes?

Please, leave the plows alone, they aren't the issue here, you can put a plow in place to form a wedge but they won't wedge much by their own , you can lay down a train plow and they have a too much of a steep angle in both ends to do wedging, same for small plows, even if you mount them real low in your build they will be ineffective 

On the other side there are builds that use or depend on plows for armour, proper armour.

Plows are the pieces with the most durability there is in anyone storage, we need more high durability pieces.

 

IMO tinkering with plows in an experimental hope to stop wedges will be in vain, doing so will have two outcomes.

Buffing cannons builds

And wedges will move on to budget wedges with slopes and other wedging capable parts.

Sorry, but i feel, in this discussion, plows are merely an escape goat. Hatchets and blades in a wedge with plows are what make the wedge work, you take them off the plow and your issue is gone. (or any other wedge capable part).

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Babuskae said:

A bit off, i know but...

But that's already happening and even further, where a Mg fits that doesn't mean another Mg of the same type can fit.

That's why i'm using SG now.

Once upon a time there was a 6 k PS build with Defenders, the logical upgrade would be Protectors, but they didn't fit but Spitfires did, simple as that.

When i felt the need to upgrade from Spitfires, Leeches didn't fit either but Ruptures did and they have the right perk unlike Leeches.

The fun part is, when i updated my armour 10 K PS Ruptures fit but Spitfires don't fit.

 

IMO

we should be able to change seamless between same type of weapon, where one works all the others should work too being MGs or SGs

 

While my SG builds are well on track, my MG build is waiting for a much needed upgrade, but it's on hold because barrel collision issues

 

 

 

What I hate about those frontal facing weapons, like defenders, is that they have small bits sticking out on the back side. Making it impossible to put anything right behind them, or attach their back to a flat front surface of a cabin. These weapons are supposed to be FRONTAL weapons and should have flat attachable surface on their back. Instead, defenders need to stand on top of something like any other gun.
The exception is the perfectly shaped Tackler....  Honestly, all frontal weapons should have such a well fitting model.

For a crafting game, a lot of things don't fit as they should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Babuskae said:

While my SG builds are well on track, my MG build is waiting for a much needed upgrade, but it's on hold because barrel collision issues

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Ruptures and Tacklers had the same hitbox. Can't you just put Tacklers in place of your Ruptures to switch from SGs to MGs?

Edited by Clebardman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just give crushing damage to the car jack. It clearly uses somekind of pressure air tank or small directed explosion to flip the car. Also then it would be worth that 1 energy sometimes.

You should be able to use it whenever with a 30 second cooldown to make the car jump and at the same time do 25% of the weight of the car as explosive damage to anyone stupid enough to drive under you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Ruptures and Tacklers had the same hitbox. Can't you just put Tacklers in place of your Ruptures to switch from SGs to MGs?

Ruptures are a fairy new addition, they were a Hail Mary attempt to find a replacement for my Spitfires, after the third nerf, durability, it was a nerf too many  for me. I tried Leeches but  they didn't fit and they have the wrong perk. when I bought Ruptures i was very nervous, my expectative was really low, all i was thinking was i'm gonna waste the money in something that won't fit....but oh boy, how i was wrong, they are all i was looking for and the perk it's perfect, they pack a punch and normally they are among the last things to fall off.

If you look to my battle count and the size of my gun storage you would laugh, it seems i only started to play  last  week, the list of sold weapons are much much bigger than the list of weapons i kept.

As i was reading what you wrote i ask myself, yeah, why i didn't do that? why i insisted so much in having Protectors? So i went to check things out, now i remember

well, for starters they share the same shape as Defenders, so, i always had Protectors as the natural and logical successors, i was wrong because there are factors that i didn't take into account, factors that dictated the failure in not achieving what i planned. 

Protectors have a more appealing perk  than Tacklers.

 that being said,  my next MG build it's only waiting for new weapons and most probably will be tacklers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...