Is a long-range shotgun okay?

Gus_Vamp

Shotguns are for fighting up close, how can they have more precision from afar. It will be another type of weapon, but it is not a shotgun :facepalm:

SG%20(1).jpg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, vidare@psn said:

A slug shotgun can shot really far and accurate.

This would be a short range rifle. A shotgun may be accurate at close range, but never improve with distance. 

Interesting stuff.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Gus_Vamp said:

This would be a short range rifle. A shotgun may be accurate at close range, but never improve with distance. 

Slugs are meant for distane and not short range, theres a ton of different amunitions types for shotguns. Ever played played Battlefield? Shotgun with slugs and a 6xscope, fun fun   

Also You can put rifle barrels on shotguns and get huge range.  That's what they use for goose hunting and u need a scope. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Also You can put rifle barrels on shotguns and get huge range.  That's what they use for goose hunting and u need a scope. 

You mean "shotguns" like this one?

christian-lorenzon-1.jpg?1630641651

I believe once it gets a rifled barrel it legally stops being a shotgun and becomes a rfile.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I believe once it gets a rifled barrel it legally stops being a shotgun and becomes a rfile.

Incorrect. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Incorrect. 

Correct me then.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:55 AM, lucashc90 said:

Correct me then.

It has to do with cartridges, calibers and range.  As far as game wardens and laws are concerned it is still classified as a shotgun.  It is an issue of debate amongst the community none the less.  But ultimately it is still classified as a shotgun. 

• Upvote 1

It has to do with cartridges, calibers and range.  As far as game wardens and laws are concerned it is still classified as a shotgun.  It is an issue of debate amongst the community none the less.  But ultimately it is still classified as a shotgun. 

Got it. And I also looked it up and it seems that some shotguns DO have rifled barrels... so I stand corrected. Thank you.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, lucashc90 said:

Got it. And I also looked it up and it seems that some shotguns DO have rifled barrels... so I stand corrected. Thank you.

on our particular shotgun it's not that way. That shotgun is too short to be accurate. And the ammunition is not a single bullet to be precise, it has buckshot

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gus_Vamp said:

on our particular shotgun it's not that way. That shotgun is too short to be accurate. And the ammunition is not a single bullet to be precise, it has buckshot

Yup.  But shotguns are still capable of long range.  And other games have longer ranged shotguns as well.   They are a thing. 

I mean we could pick apart every gun if you want to go down that path.  Pulsars projectiles are very unrealistic.   Canons don't stop other weapons from firing as fast as they usually do.  Machine guns don't have infinite ammo.  Wheels don't buff a guns damage.  Barrels don't magically reload in to a container that only can hold one barrel.   Machine guns don't do more dammage the more they have heated up.  Vehicle movement speed doesn't affect a shotguns movement speed.  More enemies around doesn't actually make a guna dammage increase.   Drones don't magically reappear after they are destroyed from a launcher that's too small to hold them.  There's no time limit to how long a harpoon can stick in to something. 

You have to take some things with a grain of salt dude.  It's a game. 

I mean they could lengthen the barrel and just make a charged shot fire a slug while an u charged shot fires buckshot, and they could say, it alternates between ammo types. And then u have no argument. But there's no need for that. 

Edited by tenshiijin

1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

I mean they could lengthen the barrel and just make a charged shot fire a slug while an u charged shot fires buckshot, and they could say, it alternates between ammo types. And then u have no argument. But there's no need for that. 

I only ask that the characteristics of the different weapons be respected, I do not want typhoons that shoot pellets when someone approaches or long-range shotguns.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, lucashc90 said:

This is a 500 nitro express elephant rifle. It is not a shotgun 

22 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

Cool.   I was like... How can he tell that?  He must know his guns.  Then I was like..... Ohhhhhhh u can see the bottom of one of the rounds. Def a rifle round. 

Cool.   I was like... How can he tell that?  He must know his guns.  Then I was like..... Ohhhhhhh u can see the bottom of one of the rounds. Def a rifle round. 

This is not my first time seeing a break action rifle

there is a 700 nitro express as well, that dwarfs this round.

I might like guns. 

11 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I might like guns. 

Lol.  U just might. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, lucashc90 said:

On 11/23/2021 at 2:01 PM, Babylonsburning said:

I know, that's why "shotgun" is between quotation marks.

19 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Yeah, I was also fooled for a second there too :lol:

12 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I might like guns. 

Than you probably know that a punt gun dwarfs anything in the *mostly* handheld department.

Poor ducks...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Than you probably know that a punt gun dwarfs anything in the *mostly* handheld department.

Poor ducks...

Yea, theyre illegal here, and i dont think theyd be much fun anyways. Def kick like a mule, if its not mounted , nty

On 11/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, lucashc90 said:

Poor ducks...

Lol

*is imagining a guy trying to clean a duck after using that gun.  The duck is missing like 80% of its body*