[Developer blog] New season in Crossout. Part 1: the return of the map “Fortress” and a legendary rocket launcher

Woodyrojo

9 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

New rocket launcher of legendary rarity

In this devblog, we are ready to show you the first part from the upcoming season — the new legendary rocket launcher.

1004.jpg

The rockets in this weapon are not homing ones, which will definitely be appreciated by fans of “Wasp”, “Locust”, “Snowfall” and “Cricket”. As you can see in the picture, the rocket launcher is somewhat reminiscent of the “Snowfall”, but it has its own unique form factor.

This is the first rocket launcher in Crossout that has unlimited horizontal aiming angles: the weapon rotates around its axis. The mechanics of the projectile flight is also unusual: the three rockets fired in one salvo fly one after another in a spiral, without losing flight altitude over distance.

The rocket launcher’s perk will increase the damage and explosion impulse of each subsequent rocket within a single burst. The bonus of the last rocket in the burst will be enough so that a lucky hit can disrupt all the plans of the lightweight enemy approaching you.

A rocket launcher made to help heavy vehicles defend themselves against light vehicles?

lots of us here were asking for a legendary rocked launcher for a long time, some even for a rotating one, im thankfull that you all have never forgotten about it :good:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

i hope new rocket launcher melted everyone in the map with light hover :DD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, _XEWO_ said:

i hope new rocket launcher melted everyone in the map with light hover :DD

I bet they will be able to evade these rockets so easily by randomly pressing Q and E.
Instead, heavy vehicles will be melted by them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

In this devblog, we are ready to show you the first part from the upcoming season — the new legendary rocket launcher.

1004.jpg

bla-bla-bla

it's a good start but I would have preferred a cricket type rocket launcher   ;-)

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Another toy for novahover , good idea  :lol:

1563748111_Capturedcran2021-10-26140121.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

The rockets in this weapon are not homing ones, which will definitely be appreciated by fans of “Wasp”, “Locust”, “Snowfall” and “Cricket”

This is very cool

without losing flight altitude over distance.

Not very cool. Might be just an easy weapon to play, and we already have alot of stuff for bad and lazy players. Hope it will be a challenge to hit with it

Edited by Serdath_
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Serdath_ said:

Not very cool. Might be just a easy weapon to play, and we already have alot of stuff for bad and lazy players. Hope it will be a challenge to hit with it

pulsar doesn't lose altitude over distance and it is hard to hit targets with it. we haven't seen how the weapon works yet, just be patient. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

If every new part in the next season will come to break the mold of already stabilished weapon classes (what can be more unique than a rocket launcher that doesn't have projectile drop and can turn 360º?), this next Season will be VERY promising that's for sure.

Inovation is always interesting!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, lucashc90 said:

If every new part in the next season will come to break the mold of already stabilished weapon classes (what can be more unique than a rocket launcher that doesn't have projectile drop and can turn 360º?), this next Season will be VERY promising that's for sure.

Inovation is always interesting!

i agree totally!!

and if that rocket launcher is more focused on the perk especifically, rather than doing damage itself it will be a very fun weapon to use, and a very usefull one in heavier vehicles, i just hope it has an adequate weight and durability to be atleast usable on those atleast...

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, _davekko_ said:

we haven't seen how the weapon works yet, just be patient. 

Let's just hope it will be a cool weapon and not just another battlepass "bugged" wep

• Upvote 1

I hope it’s only 5 energy. Wanted a legendary rocket for years. Exciting stuff 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, MOBwBOSS said:

I hope it’s only 5 energy. Wanted a legendary rocket for years. Exciting stuff 

I'd actually rather have it be a 6-energy weapon, tbh. All the 5-energy rocket launchers don't really leave much of any room for flexibility at high PS. It'd also kind of make sense as it'd be similar to cannons, where the limited-angle ones (Executioner & below) are 5 energy & their turreted counterparts take 6 energy.

• Upvote 3

let us see if we can find the old map in the new one. but i guess it is a new map that have nothing to do with the old one like the city map.

realy sad all maps look diverent but is the same way to play. city and bridge was different now the same rush map like all other (Boring).

I'm afraid this will happen to this Map too.

360° rocket ... ok way not lets see wath it will be

again no Hover Ballancing ?? BAD 

the last attempt got canceld without any Explanation, maybe we get now a Ballancing without announcement!? (i know i know im dreaming)

and will you remove the scamcoins and the markt restriction ? ( No ?? still the same incompetent employee in charge?? )

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, ShurikenStar said:

I'd actually rather have it be a 6-energy weapon, tbh. All the 5-energy rocket launchers don't really leave much of any room for flexibility at high PS. It'd also kind of make sense as it'd be similar to cannons, where the limited-angle ones (Executioner & below) are 5 energy & their turreted counterparts take 6 energy.

Maybe they could make it 5 energy, but make it work in a way that it works better if you only use two and lots of support modules and making it heavy in such a way it can only be used and armored in heavy cabins, restricting it use to maybe two guns and 5 modules.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

This is the first rocket launcher in Crossout that has unlimited horizontal aiming angles: the weapon rotates around its axis. The mechanics of the projectile flight is also unusual: the three rockets fired in one salvo fly one after another in a spiral, without losing flight altitude over distance.

The rocket launcher’s perk will increase the damage and explosion impulse of each subsequent rocket within a single burst. The bonus of the last rocket in the burst will be enough so that a lucky hit can disrupt all the plans of the lightweight enemy approaching you.

YES! This is exactly the rotary rocket launcher I wished to be in Crossout since 2017! It's pretty much the Rocket Launcher from UT2004. I hope we can also choose to only shoot a single rocket or just two rockets without having to load up the full salvo. :)

edit: Now you really ought to give Parsers yellow projectiles that can ricochet around walls like the UT's Flak Cannon :D

Edited by _Lemmy44_
  • Confused 1

Happy for legendary rocket. Highly disappointed that its a legendary snowfall. (I.e. the worst rocket launcher)

Hopefully this one does make you reload when you "fire" while your aim is cut off

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Happy for legendary rocket. Highly disappointed that its a legendary snowfall. (I.e. the worst rocket launcher)

Hopefully this one does make you reload when you "fire" while your aim is cut off

i do not understand?

like when mastodons were first implemented and when you loaded the gun and the barrel accidentally got blocked the gun would not fire at all, reload, and consume ammo?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

i do not understand?

like when mastodons were first implemented and when you loaded the gun and the barrel accidentally got blocked the gun would not fire at all, reload, and consume ammo?

Yeah. Not sure about pc. But last i used them on ps4 if you fired when your shot was cut off it will consume the ammo and reload despite nothing happening

Also adding a rotating rocket launcher when banana levis are still a thing is a bad idea. Nerf banana levis to the ground before releasing this please

Edited by AzraelsGrace

13 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Return of the updated map “Fortress”

Woow! Took you only 13 months to show the new version. The Fortress was removed from rotaiton on 2020.09.25. It should've been left in (and just replaced with the new version), because:
1) There was nothing wrong with it.
2) It would have been a nice change to contrast with the doom and gloom atmoshpere of some of the new locations.
3) Considering the virus-related isolation, or just winter with snow everywhere, it would've been nice to see some green at least in a computer game.
4) It was one of only a few maps to freely drive a boosted Cockpit car. You released the cabin on 2020.08.15, and we didn't get the opportunity to drive at the Fortress for very long.
5) It was the best Bedlam location.
6) Some players started and ended their adventure with Crossout without ever seeing three fundamental, essential, classic Crossout locations: the Ship Graveyard, the Fortress and the Old Town.
7) Removing them (not really, because they were still available on the test server, LOL, you got us, we were fooled, I'm so stupid, aha-ha) only showed you don't play the game and didn't need it to be more playable with a greater variety of locations.

Removing these three locaitons for such a long time was uncalled for (maybe the Old Town was a bit tight - though not for my boosted Cockpit car, but the new one is worse, possibly in every way), and, quite simply, lame. It showed bad game management, bad development practice. As if you didn't want to make a quality game, and didn't need to make money by having a product that is diverse and pleasant to experience - just looking from the economic perspective. There are individual elements of Crossout that are superb, e.g. the parts design or the music, but some are downright terrible. On that note, there are at least 3 Game Masters that should've been fired years ago. I've been told players have left because of being persecuted by them, which may have cost you some money they may have spent otherwise.

A fitting name would be "Avalanche". But now that I've said it, it won't happen, because you don't like me. :biggrin: Sorry, everyone!

How about a legendary version of the Clarinet? Will you be upgrading that too? With vertical launch? Or just more damage? How about the ability to control the Clarinet missile in the second, boosted phase of flight, which was possible for a few hours on 2010.09.21? Then a quickfix removed that functionality. It was balanced because it was much easier to miss targets at such a high speed. Please, turn that back on tfor the Clarinet, or at least add it to the legendary variant.

In the second devblog, we will show you the next new part from the season, as well as a part that is not related to the season, but which has already been announced before. We are waiting for your guesses about what it could be!

Is this the new part not related to the season? An old leak, probably from 2017, but seems to check out.
"Guardian" - special limited-angle machine gun
245063107_2021_10.26002.jpg.310210de905c
Power score     570
Damage           8.3
Durability         179 pts.
Energy drain    3 pts.
Mass                155 kg
A special limited-angle machine gun has been announced, but 8.3 damage would be a bit high if that is to mean bars in the parameters. In that case, it would be a relic weapon. But it's the special one, right?

1833736446_2021_10.21003.jpg.8daf65228e2

It would be great if you could give us a chance to earn the rewards some of us missed because we were relying on the date you gave us yourself. Or, at least, make a gift box with those rewards to redeem by anyone who is missing some, like the gift box with the free 1-day premium subscription yesterday. I can look over things that are not game-central, even many game-critical issues, but this is too much for me. This is taking Crossout to a new level of FOMO, and I'm not going to play something that I have no hope of winning at, just because I rely on the rules the developers make for everyone, including themselves. You should've delayed Witch Hunt by those 3 days 18 hours instead of surprising many players who wanted to get all of the Operation Ashen Ring rewards. I just launched my YT channel with some breakthrough stuff, uploaded Season 1, with 4 or 5 more seasons recorded, but now I'm ready to quit. Because I like having and respecting rules.

2 hours ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Also adding a rotating rocket launcher when banana levis are still a thing is a bad idea. Nerf banana levis to the ground before releasing this please

If you mean ones with a Cockpit - the cabin's perk should've been balanced separately for regular PvP and leviathans. The way it was nerfed across the board was very careless. Also, 4 Hermeses used to only add 44% damage, now it's 50% - which moved the cabin a few percent towards sealclubbing on the balance spectrum. Nice one, developers!

PS.
Absolutely loving this new Diablo music, but I'll still quit if I don't get my OAR rewards. Because I'm not a loser. I won't play a game that makes me lose by design.

Edited by Omega616
  • Upvote 2

Hmmmm... Kinda glad to see we're getting a legendary rocket launcher. Glad it's rotating too. I'm quite puzzled at the rest tho. It doesn't look very lunatic, and doesn't behave like any other rocket launcher we had with its lack of drop. While not inherently a bad thing, people play Wasps/Pyralids/Locusts/Snowfalls/Crickets for the spray of lobbed rockets, and I find it very strange to implemented a first, long awaited legendary rocket launcher that plays more like Pulsars than anything else...

But if it's anything like Snowfall but stronger and with 360°, give. I'm selling my Parsers rn just in case.

1 hour ago, AzraelsGrace said:

Yeah. Not sure about pc. But last i used them on ps4 if you fired when your shot was cut off it will consume the ammo and reload despite nothing happening

Fixed a while ago. Snowfalls are really good. They're certainly not the best at brawling (meager DPS and clumsy to use, and the engines rework hurt them there) and they feel weird af on spiders (and probably hovers too). As far as hit-and-run and long range prefiring goes tho, it's by miles the best epic rocket launcher.

Edited by Clebardman

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

... as well as a part that is not related to the season, but which has already been announced before. We are waiting for your guesses about what it could be!

Oh please let it be the new relics. I've been sitting on my uraniums for so long for the new ones to make appearance :yes_yes_yes:

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, lsabeIla said:

Oh please let it be the new relics. I've been sitting on my uraniums for so long for the new ones to make appearance 

Did you say you have spare Uranium?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4Uv_3ktHJufEm5bgTFde

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.