[Developer blog] New season in Crossout. Part 2: relic shotgun and details of the season

Woodyrojo

Where is the community manager for reading this topic...:crying:

Edited by Rogathorius
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rockbourn said:

What, in the, actual, f*** 

Another shotgun?! This is a joke right?

I'm pretty sure this is the exact opposite of what players have been asking for. 

You re absolutely right

• Upvote 9

Well well well

What do we have here ? Another round of shotgun shifest incoming.?

Supposed to be hallowwen, not April fool.

Keep it this way, but it'll be without me.

• Upvote 6

Hope you guys are seriously considering balancing shotguns as well with the next update, it's starting to become really tiring how 85% of the playerbase is nothing but shotguns no matter what ps you are in

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, howardxu23 said:

when we said welding strength as an idea, we meant it as a overall passive mechanic, not whatever the hell you did with this module

7 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Sounds like Welding Strength with extra unnecessary steps. Are you just adding this as a test for the possible future implementation of the actual welding strength mechanic?

Because otherwise this sounds like you're taking a proposed mechanic that would be universally beneficial to everyone and turning it into a module that will become mandatory for most players, especially at higher levels of play, with little benefits to anything else.

And if it comes at an energy cost, it will be another nail in the coffin called "heavy cabins".

The Community: We propose a Welding Strength mechanic.

The game company: Ah yes, yes. Great idea!

The Community: You... you mean it?

The game company: Yes of course!

The Community: THIS IS GR-

The game company: How much are you willing to pay for it?

The Community: Oh shh-

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 4

I'm going to try to be naively optimistic about this development. I will have to scrounge for it, though.

• I like the development of the system behind this new module. It appears to be a partial implementation of a building system Lemmy44  was suggesting here not long ago. By making it a epic module, however, that sort of makes it useless to a lot of us.
  • OMG, the artwork on this new Shotgun! I love the Anglerfish design. I also think it's cool that a guy named "Igor" develops art for this game. That's classic. His work, and the team he works with, have consistently been outstanding in a very competitive field, IMO. I tolerate a lot of BS from this game on account of how well they do their job. No matter what management does, this art team here is one I'll never feel bad about supporting. Please don't crush their monumental efforts with bad marketing and management decisions.

sg.jpg

Probably, nobody needed another shotgun. Seems weird. Very cool model.

The reason I prefer shotguns is not because of the play-style. It is because they are easier to build with. End of story. I have ventured out of that box (sort of?) into the realm of nail-guns for the exact same reason. They are easier models to build with. I also like their lack of perks, and the firing mechanism is fun, IMO. It's very rewarding if you can manage it, not so much if you can't. I am the perk. I like that.

What I'm saying is that, if the numbers are showing that "everybody prefers shotguns" maybe it's because they are so easy to build with, compared to the others. Maybe if you could tuck regular machine guns in as tightly as you can a shotgun, more people would use them. I would. They just get blown off now because you can't protect them, as it is. Or, they magically can't fire through their invisible hit box aura. 75% of the time any one of your machine guns or mini-guns aren't firing due to magic invisible obstructions. This is hard for me to build around. Shotguns offer a better alternative. That's why I use them. Just like with everybody else, we use what works...This doesn't mean you should go screw up shotgun hit boxes to make it "fair."

Neat update for end-gamers? IDK. Maybe not? Does anything make them happy? How does this focus improve the dwindling player base below? I'm curious as to what the logic might be. Maybe they don't see it as an issue? Looks grim to me. Maybe I'm wrong. This game should be rocking the game universe with it's innovative customization mechanic, and it's outstanding art development, IMO. I hope it gets there one day. If it just dies, I will be glad to have endured the suffering on Igor's account. It is the most fun I have ever had with legos. Ever.

Dr. Frankenstein needs to get it in gear, though, IMO.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, UnknowNSkiLL said:

We have TONS of shotguns into the game.

No we haven't, nor we have enough Mgs 

we need more much more.

• Confused 8

9 hours ago, x_O1NC_x said:

Think about old players for a wile. ;) 

I was with you up until that point. Is that sarcasm, and I missed it? Is that what the wink means? Sorry if I didn't get it.

These new gadgets aren't really pandering to the new guy, are they? Typically they don't either. Neither do about half of the events they run. Many of them are completely exclusive of the new player, and tend to cater to end-gamers. Several of the permanent features are exclusive to end-gamers as well.  I can't remember the last time a new common, or rare item, has been introduced to the game. Maybe somebody could refresh my memory.

Must have been sarcasm too rich.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Today we will talk about the long-awaited relic single-shot shotgun, as well as about 2 new parts which will be available as the season’s rewards. Let’s go!

I appreciate the "heads up" with this. I have complained before that it is often hard to understand the direction this game is trying to go. There's a lot of "WTF" going on often, and we often wonder what you are thinking. These notifications help a little.

Still, a new shotgun seems like an odd direction, seasoned with plenty of "WTF." It is yet a little mysterious as to how that would have been perceived by the developers as something that the public was going to cheer, despite the very awesome artwork.

The pie-chart isn't god. It's just π, whatever that actually is. Charts and graphs aren't supposed to tell the story, just embellish it with persuasion. They seem misread here sometimes, but I do understand the folly of arguing against statistics.

If that's the case, then what about the population growth status? It's hard to tell what the actual numbers are, but they don't look better today from way down here. How is this games direction improving it's statistics? Trying to make more money off fewer customers seems like a hard road. Obscuring the checkout-stand with Crosscrowns seems like misdirection to me as well. It's like a shell game I don't want to play just to buy virtual goods, or any goods, frankly. If it's made more difficult for us to blow money on this game, as difficult as it is to actually play, how is that going to boost sales? They hide the clocks in stores, here in the USA, as a strategy to get people to hang out and buy more, but, as a guy who was raised on predatory capitalism, I've never seen anybody hide the checkout-stand. In fact the store clerk is very attentive, often on your heels, and anxious to take your money. Crosscrowns seem like the antithesis of that, but OK.

Ya, long rant. Sorry. Whatever.

In short: I think you should introduce something actual new players might like. It's not that I don't like the old players...but I probably don't, and I know you need more people playing (better servers?). I don't care what the numbers say.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 2

durability module will only prolong games - at best it will shorten Queue times because players will be stuck in battle longer... 

there are other ways to fix the broken thing without making BIGGER  broken things to hide the broken things still in game since their introduction...

one step forward & 2 steps back is not a business model... 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ECT0VAN@live said:

ok for new relic shotgun but devs.....why shotgun???

Seems weird to me too.

It's hard for me to not like the Parser, though. I like it's 2 in 1 feature as both a long range weapon, and a capable short range weapon for the rush. I like it's skill based firing attitude too (even if that's arguably not the reality). The model looks cool, too. But, is it really another "Shotgun?" IDK. It seems like its own thing, in regards to the firing mechanism, and what it does strategically for the player. I can camp, and I can rush now. I can also defend against either of those play-styles with it. I like it. Didn't think I would, but I do.

Anyway, point is; is it called a "shotgun" for lack of a better term? Is this new relic being fashioned as a "shotgun" simply as a creative expression (is it really a "shotgun?" ya, kinda), and it's firing mechanism is actually lending itself to an attempt to fill a niche this game needs? Duality? Multi-purpose weapons? I think it's a proper evolution for advanced weapons, as far as this game is concerned. Good thing it's sci-fi.

As somebody who shoots you 845742D5 for fun, when it comes to advanced weaponry, I think I like the combined features they are introducing. I like the Parser. I'm not sure what the new-fish is trying to do, but it looks sharp.  If I was to try and read their trend, I would guess they are simply combining aspects of present weapons into new models, making advanced weaponry more diverse and flexible. Maybe? Bad idea?

I think it's a good idea, overall.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Alcoutinho15 said:

I could be praising, crossout is a magnificent game, but you developers just make bad decisions, you really don't care. It costs nothing to add balanced weapons in the game, the Founders launched very powerful drones, Amusement Park was the Nests, Syndicaye was Kaiju, in this current battle pass is Parser, until when will it be like this? How long will the game continue in Beta? That's why the game doesn't grow. I know that the problem with the game is not only with the battle passes with OP weapons, there are many things that still need to be improved. I hope you didn't put a relic weapon in a battle pass, but I don't doubt anything.

The game will be in Beta forever like other games out there that, after 10 years, are still in Beta. The reason is simple: they are allowed to change everything they want without refund you if the game is in Beta ... New Business Model !!!!

• Upvote 1

Make a gun op, get people to spend money, shake the market up, nerf the gun. Why do you do this every time. I stopped playing 2 years ago, fn tired of toxic stuff being added and overly used. Can we get some weapons that actually need skill and split the player base with skill and not just grind and and p2w? Started playing recently, Game is toxic as before if not more and you are making it worse each update at a time. Listen to the players for once and start fixing this train wreck. 

Today's cw looked like this, dogs dogs dogs and those breakers just run around being unstripable. Relying on maps to win, and we won most of the time but f that gameplay is so toxic. I would rather loose to people that actually need to aim and can outplay us then from that just need to know how to run over kapkan. Win lose is purely based on kapkan catching them. And you nerfed those. F, remove everything and leave only wedges and mele so i can salvage everything gracefully. 

• Upvote 4

Let me add on myself, I enjoyed helios bubble, double bubble, won fights 1 on 4 dogs with tripple helios, but no, you had to make them unplayable, a weapon that takes much more skill than mele with those pushy pushy strats. Abusing game mechanics which are also broken to their advantage, one would think if one is unable to fix the broken mechanics he would stop other things that benefit from it, but no, I come back and you lot added passive mele, not that usefull but COOOOME ONNN. Wake up, knock some sense in you and start going the right way. 

Another shotgun???? guys, WHAT IN HEAVENS IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH SHOTGUNS???????????

Edited by Azzazel69
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, ECT0VAN@live said:

ok for new relic shotgun but devs.....

why shotgun??? we need another relic maybe cyclone? reaper? harvester??

lets go please

Or something that's actually unique. I'm tired of "new" relics just being higher rarities of what we already have.

I get that they want to play it safe, but they could show some creativity with the perks at least, instead of copypasting things. 

• Upvote 3

Lol, it must feel awesome to work for a dev team that the community hates so much.

also give us 8vs8 back on Xbox, thanks!

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Upvote 3

On 11/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, Woodyrojo said:

111ENG780.jpg

Hello!

We continue to explore new features for the upcoming season! Today we will talk about the long-awaited relic single-shot shotgun, as well as about 2 new parts which will be available as the season’s rewards. Let’s go!

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all.

Relic single-shot shotgun

sg.jpg

We have already mentioned this weapon a few times as part of our Q&A sessions and livestreams, and now it’s time to get a closer look at it. The shotgun will appear in the game with the launch of the new season, but it won’t be a part of the season’s rewards scale. You will be able to craft it like all other “relics” in the game — on the Engineers’ “Secret workshop” workbench.

We are not ready to share its parameters yet, as the work on refining and improving the shotgun is still in progress. But we can already tell you about its perk!

If half or more of the pellets from the first shot hit the target, the next shot will be a combined shot. This means that the enemy will be hit first with a shot that heats up the parts, and then with a shot that does the main damage.

Special frontal machine gun

mg.jpg

This new frontal machine gun closes the gap in the line of frontal machine guns and is a continuation of the “ST-M23 Defender” and the predecessor of the “M-29 Protector”.

Compared to the previously mentioned “Protector”, the machine gun has increased durability (and therefore greater mass) and also has a perk.

The perk is identical to the one of “Protector”, but it will have a lesser bonus value.

Epic module that increases the damage resistance for attached parts

mod.jpg

With the new season, a new mechanics will appear in Crossout. With its help, special welding points (“pins”) will be added on a number of parts. Parts attached to at least one of these points will receive bonuses. Let’s take a look at how this is going to work using a specific example with a module from the upcoming season.

You can see the special welding points of this module on its corners. Any part attached to at least one of such points will receive increased resistance to all types of damage. This way, depending on the placement of the module on your assembly, you can extend the lifetime of your structural parts, weapons, cabin, etc.

Of course, you can’t increase the resistance indefinitely: only one such module can be mounted on a car.

See you in the next development blog, survivors! There we will show you another interesting part, a new customization kit and structural parts of the next season.

Why again xxxx shotgun we need relict from all category not stupid shutguns there are now only meelee cars in match and put them more and more for easy play when its coming theis shotgun i will leave this game because thats no more shooter and seriously i was pay much in this game but enough is enough put hovers better again make more balance for all not only push meelees wtf 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, thejayrodtodd said:

So please tell me why we need 18 different shotguns in the game?

Because not all may fit your playstyle or your build or way of building ,  If we go by your numbers, of the 18 different SGS,  i only have 2 and 1 of them was nerfed 3 times, far from complaining about the second one but i'm at 10 k PS and i feel i run out of SGs. In last resort i may resort to hamerfalls or Thunderbolts.

So instead of 18, the actual number, for me, it's actually much lower than that, 6 at the most

I'm very picky about my guns, in MGs department, the scenario it's even bleaker,  if i want to use them i have to fall back to 6 K PS  or bloat my 6 k PS build to a PS level where it shouldn't be (couple of vindicators).

So we need a lot of more of SGs and MGs

• Haha 1

Another shotgun, so we See only dog Builds in cw and pvp? 

And you are still balancing this great New weapon?! I should be surprised about its stats? 

This game need more balancing, instead of one gun section gets more and more weapons. 

I can remember, with rocket luncher Nest IT was nice to See a tactical playing. Everyone had to use Tools for defending against rockets. I would say, I had nö time before seen, that a team had to go tactical in its movement. But yes, you nervend IT. 

But now you put another shotgun to the relicts. Okay surprised, everyone is selling Their breaker, because New shotgun behaves Like mastodon! That weaks the benifit on using mastodon canon and Puts more attention on heating people up? Do you Plan a fire extinguisher :-) 

Use a diffrent weapon section. 

Relict minigun, Relict artillery, Relict rocket, 

But Not such a crap

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.