[Developer blog] New season in Crossout. Part 2: relic shotgun and details of the season

Woodyrojo

No mention of Parser nerf combined with announcement of a new shotgun?!

Are you guys trying to be inflammatory? Do you have any idea what your community wants?

Will seriously rethink supporting the game any further, might even stop playing if OP weapons keep getting released. I don't care if the weapons eventually get nerfed, it's a frustrating cycle.

This is coming from someone that pays for BP, but refuses to use OP guns that ruin gameplay by taxing creativity and incentivizing cookie cutter builds/play styles.

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

Lol, it must feel awesome to work for a dev team that the community hates so much.

Honestly it reflects the amount of love and work they put into the game. If they weren't deceiving greedy snake oil salesmen, people wouldn't hate them half as much. Period. Releasing a new relic shotgun when this game is dying to shotgun overload and nothing is done to balance it since months = spitting on the face of anyone who bought one of the BPs these last months.

Not me tho the lack of efforts that went into the last BP and its bugged CK, the PR lies, and the hilarious belly dance they were making to take out permanent BPs was enough to make me switch to other games.

The result of your dreadful development, @Targem, is that I took 50 bucks and spent it all over boomer shooters made by single-digit teams who actually put work and love into their game instead of crapping new monetization schemes every month. These people have smaller teams than you do, Targem. They charge their full games 15-25€. And they love their work and respect their consumers way more than the scam operation you are running here. When I look back, you're probably the only company who made me spend hundred euros in other company's products lmao.

And yes, 50 bucks is more than I spent here over 3 years. it's not that I'm stingy or hate you, it's just that I pay when it's worth it. And almost nothing in your dying game is worth the price you're asking. Generally speaking, playing on an empty server with 3 teammates and 4 bots, and the level of "IDGAF about balance" this game shows, that's not worth a penny. The whales who are keeping your operation alive? They're fragile people that you're abusing, mostly OCD people with hoarding tendencies. Nothing more. This game and its publisher should be illegal tbh U_U.

I'd like to end this by linking a decade old interview of Gaijin's CEO that aged like milk:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-04-gaijin-entertainment-were-not-the-greedy-xxxxxxxx-here

Explaining how other evil f2p devs care about milking the players more than the quality of games. "But not us sir, we're not the greedy xxxxxxxx here".

Well, I guess now you know what you are (^:

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Clebardman said:

I'd like to end this by linking a decade old interview of Gaijin's CEO that aged like milk:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-04-gaijin-entertainment-were-not-the-greedy-xxxxxxxx-here

Hahaha! That headline is ten times funnier than dronocalypse on april fools! :DD

But seriously Gajin, that's very embarassing.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

seems the devs cant get out of the hardon for the meta builds, shotguns, wedges, scorps, spark/melee

breaker, more shotguns, more shotguns, more shotguns, curret season new legendary shotgun, next up new relic shotgun.

they could have added a relic rocket/missile launcher, relic melee weapon, relic auto-cannon, relic grenade launcher, heck, even a relic drone, cause these weapon types have no relic version of them yet

and this new relic shotgun prolly gonna be broken AF just like ANY OTHER weapon that gets released.

New resist moduel, a new item to take up energy, might be okay, but to early to say.

Edited by Sasherz
  • Upvote 5

Plasma Emitters don't count as energy weapons anymore. Price corridors totally screwed up this Halloween's market items. Welding strength module instead of buffing compact armor as a whole.

Get your stuff together before introducing new stuff devs, you are breaking your own game...

Clean your room before bringing the girlfriend in!

:((

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Clean your room before bringing the girlfriend in!

:((

Why should i clean my room, if she doesn’t clean hers? 

:tankosmile2:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

Why should i clean my room, if she doesn’t clean hers? 

gvwc59yt6e161.png

fb46cd941f17f75a609112518648c280.jpg

In other words: clean your room so you can order her around until she cleans it herself. On a second thought though, if she keeps living in the filthy she can't order you around and has to lower her spectations about you. Like... if she has a dirty room she surely can't complain about you bringing her to Taco Bell KFC as a romantic date: if you have to smell her BS everytime she invites you over she sure as hell should be prepared to smell something in return, am I right or am I right?

In this how psychology works?

:016:

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 5

I wonder if this special durability module require energy? Because of it does, it is not worth taking with you really-

on weak light build it would not hold even if the part gets double its normal durability whilst having an extra radiator or recharge module is a must

on heavy build it would be a problem because of its low manoeuvrability. Protecting the back or the front just from 1 extra shot at the cost of 1 energy would be too expensive.

Quite often both light and heavy builds are in need of an engine and as there is no energy they could spare they go with RedHot. This is a clear indicator that we are quite often low on this viable energy and do require extra power to give us those split seconds to hide around the corner from an incoming attack.

So hopefully there will be no energy requirement for this module to install on the craft. 

I honestly would have rather had a relic drone then another shotgun.

WAIT A SECOND!! THATS IT!!

we have been so blind to their super genius!!

they want us to be so mad and hate shotguns sooooooo much, that they can slip something crazy into the game like a relic drone and we will be grateful…. Hats off to you guys :)  well done.  

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, RoughMonkey said:

would have rather had a relic drone

I think we need little melee drones that don't just rip your car apart, they disassemble your enemy's cars, and replace their parts with crap.. They can look like little forklifts and sound like tiny pneumatic tools going off at a NASCAR pit-stop.

310?cb=20121105002944&f=1&nofb=1

They could swap out your enemy's equipment to some wonky garbage like starter-wheels, or replace their shotguns with Hornets, and paint the car pink with flower-power stickers all over. You could call them "Gremlins."

Maybe a flying poop-drone that unloads vision obscuring feces all over your ride. If they released it with a pack, I think it should come with pigeon-poop paint, A horn that lets off a ripe raspberry Bronx-Cheer, and a public restroom sticker.

200904timeout31.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And finally, a flame-thrower drone you launch from a circus cannon that plays Julius Fucik (circus music) while it roasts your rig.

Seriously though, we should have had pigeon-poop paint a long time ago. Anybody who owns a car knows this.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I think we need little melee drones that don't just rip your car apart, they disassemble your enemy's cars, and replace their parts with crap.. They can look like little forklifts and sound like tiny pneumatic tools going off at a NASCAR pit-stop.

310?cb=20121105002944&f=1&nofb=1

They could swap out your enemy's equipment to some wonky garbage like starter-wheels, or replace their shotguns with Hornets, and paint the car pink with flower-power stickers all over. You could call them "Gremlins."

Maybe a flying poop-drone that unloads vision obscuring feces all over your ride. If they released it with a pack, I think it should come with pigeon-poop paint, A horn that lets off a ripe raspberry Bronx-Cheer, and a public restroom sticker.

200904timeout31.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And finally, a flame-thrower drone you launch from a circus cannon that plays Julius Fucik (circus music) while it roasts your rig.

Seriously though, we should have had pigeon-poop paint a long time ago. Anybody who owns a car knows this.

I want all of this ASAP so I can disrespect my opponents (in good spirit) UwU

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Clebardman said:

I want all of this ASAP so I can disrespect my opponents (in good spirit) UwU

Diswispect meh senpai OwO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Time to upload part 3 PLEASE

Yes. This place is a ghost-town. Something needs to happen.

I feel like if they'd just work on the basic mechanics, like "balance" (whatever that means), fix the market, tune up crafting to where it makes sense and is not such a tedious non-fun feature, fix hit boxes, the little stuff (the market is a big deal, IMO. Totally broken), this game might be more alluring to play when there isn't an event or three running. As it is, the game play on its own isn't as fun as it could be, and the player population dwindles to nothing unless they have at least one extracurricular activity running that offers some gimmick as bait to play. I think this game could be fun without all the events, and a total riot when there is one.

Without the extra incentive of an event, I'm having a hard time enjoying myself here. Some of that is simply do to the dismal population, but a lot of it is also frustration due to OP melee builds ruining the diversity. If I log on right now and play some PVP, I know what will happen. I will get wedged and melee'd to death over and over, my team will loose all day long no matter how well I perform, and if I do well, the matchmaker will punish me for it and, I'm sick of all the reruns of Sector Ex, blah, blah, blah...It gets old fast.

It's hard to build and be creative when the market is never available, even for some very simple items like head-lights and fenders. Crafting can get thrown off for the same reasons (part availability). several cabs are now exclusive vintage rarities that have almost gone extinct. Can't buy them at any price.

Point is, the basics need some attention. They shouldn't continue to just walk past some of these issues like they aren't one. This game system isn't really operating as intended, from my perspective. If it did, I think they'd have a less dismal, perhaps still eclectic, population than the floundering, angry, sick, ranch of customers they have presently. No offense, kids. There are indeed a lot of angry villagers here at Crossout. I don't know how long throwing candy at them will keep them happy, but it's obvious the moment they stop, this game-land becomes desolate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but running three events simultaneously is sort of a new thing, and even when they do so, their population numbers don't often exceed past achievements, but actually fall short of them.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

If I log on right now and play some PVP, I know what will happen. I will get wedged and melee'd to death over and over, my team will loose all day long no matter how well I perform, and if I do well, the matchmaker will punish me for it and, I'm sick of all the reruns of Sector Ex, blah, blah, blah...It gets old fast.

That's exactly how it went too (I just logged on for some PVP). I did well in my first match (it was fun), then my second match I'm sent to the bottom of the roster according to power-score, and I get Sector Ex for the map (of course). I'm done. I just get sick of it. I don't like Sector Ex in the first place, so getting it over and over, just unplugs me. I'm done with that map. I hate it. Even if I liked it I would be sick of it at this point. I'm tired of the punitive matchmaker, and without somebody throwing candy at me to lure me to play it's hard to want to. I do want to, but like I said, it's real predictable as to how that will go.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Time to upload part 3 PLEASE

Yes, please announce the other relic that is not a shotgun please!

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:05 AM, StreaMRoLLeR said:

@Woodyrojo Hey mate Its already 10 days of waiting since part 2 :003:

Please publish Part 3 today. :012j:

Woody, what other relic are we getting?

On 11/15/2021 at 8:14 AM, RoughMonkey said:

Woody, what other relic are we getting?

A relic Goblin and a relic Leech probably.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

Bah…

I hope so...

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.