Doc's Salvage-Used Art builds

DocSavage

I have a lot of opinions, but you know what they say about that. This is me staying in my lane.

You're welcome.

This thread is just whatever tickles my easel and scratches the paint.

Doc-Savage-His-Happy-Accident.jpg
Just happy little cars that live a Wasteland.

SS-035.jpg

Clown-car or seal club? You decide.

SS-020.jpg

Seems like to me this would be great for Adventure Mode...supposing there was a little more adventure in that mode.

This one is how I kept from getting bored in raids that day. I'm not really concerned with resources anymore, and I've gotten tired of chasing that dragon, and I'm just looking for some fun.

SS-017.jpg

...and I love my Thug.

Lately, I've been trying to make the Sci-fi here fit into my game. I hadn't been much of a fan of this game's interpretation, since all it really ever meant to me was another OP weapon in the game that goes "pew-pew." It's been easier with the new structure parts and paints they've introduced lately, though, and I might be getting into it now. I need to grind some stuff out to do it right, and I'm not sure my attention is going to last that long before I go back to the Thunderdome.

SS-018.jpg

I was trying to get into the spirit.

Anyway, even if this game isn't dying, the forum sure is dead, so I thought I'd add my two cents to the Fan Art section.

I'll probably update this thread with other art that kills, feel free to do the same, if you've got a cool build. I like to riff off other kids ideas and would be glad to see what you've got.

#TeamIgor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A little bored with the game right now, not playing a lot, but I had some fun with this build last night. I wanted to do a little more with this picture, but I got burned out.

I've been wanting to turn this joint into a bar for a while, and @MudnBeer has a moniker I couldn't resist riffing off of for this.

SS-036.jpg

I'm likely to tag some of the other regulars as well, eventually.

Cheers.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

A little bored with the game right now, not playing a lot, but I had some fun with this build last night. I wanted to do a little more with this picture, but I got burned out.

I've been wanting to turn this joint into a bar for a while, and @MudnBeer has a moniker I couldn't resist riffing off of for this.

SS-036.jpg

I'm likely to tag some of the other regulars as well, eventually.

Cheers.

Very cool,great work! Cheers!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Drone-Boat. I got a Skinner for this project, but it was...meh. This is meh, too. I want something that does better in PVP. This isn't there yet, but it's starting to look like a boat. That's the gig.

SS-038.jpg

UPDATE: I managed a little winning streak with this, so I gave it a fresh paint-job. I got 3, a First Blood patch, and popped a bot with my grill too, all in one match (PVP). It's not as fast as my Hearse, and the hovers were troublesome, but the plow was working pretty good against missiles. Now that all the Melee clones have thinned out a bit, I'm surviving better. More fun.

I think the wedge clones are a little lame, but whatever. At least they painted them different colors.Thanks. I liked the white one better. That purple one was a little ugly without an accent color. JMO.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1

@Brighty_07

Better Boat.

SS-039.jpg

I had to buy stuff (low-profile Wheels) to build this one, and it isn't exactly a "drone-boat." It only has eight points to work with, so I can't really go there, and I liked the Auto Cannon mounted on front. It does have a Hawk that Pops out from a little helipad in back, which is fun. But, without the AC, I probably couldn't even do easy raids with this, which I did, and got first place, haha.

So, better-boat. Not a "Drone-Boat." Fun for knocking off a raid...and it's a boat.

SS-040.jpg

Currently on exhibition as "SVG4"

The Matchmaker won't let me run a rig like this in PVP, because the power score is only 2940. I didn't even try. Typically, I would sit in the queue forever with something like this, but I've gotten lucky before and it'll let me have one match. After that the matchmaker just sits and spins. Locked out.

I almost got Augers for this project. If I had, I could probably could build something this flavor that would work in PVP, but I didn't. I went for the Low-Profile Wheels, because they're more versatile for building odd stuff with, I think.

Kinda broke now.

#TeamIgor

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2

nice boats Savage. the second one may not technically be a drone boat, but its art, and its looow ps, so idc. definitely gonna leave a like

btw that sticker on the back is a nice (and funny) touch

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Brighty_07 said:

boats

...and more boats. I've been having fun riffing off boats, and I'm still at it. Thanks for the inspiration. I was little bored. This gave me an interesting project.

I've had pretty good luck with this one in PVP today, and I'm not that good at cannons. It's hard to fit a gas-tank on these because of the Low-Profile Wheels. There isn't enough clearance to stash it in the frame(under the cab) like I usually do, but whatever. I'm running without one.

Anyway...Boats! Good call.

SS-041.jpg

Exhibition ID: SVG3

It's a better boat than I started with. I'm happy with the evolution, and I'm glad the game is letting me rock this ridiculous ride. It's fun, fast, and goes boom. That's all I'm asking.

#TeamIgor                                 

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DocSavage said:

. Thanks for the inspiration. I was little bored. This gave me an interesting project.

no problem. its cool seeing so many creative designs. if the low clearance st's werent so gosh dang pricy i would pick some up, but they were 360 coins last i saw, so i wont anytime soon. might try makin a boat on racing or array wheels tho

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RedEye build. I can make this work when the teams are right. It's hard, but fun, and fast. It's got a cloak, and a rear-facing homing missile, and two BP Parcers, good for rubbing off tail-gators. I want a different cab, and another missile launcher for this project, but until I get it, this is getting done...sometimes. It's a hard brawl, IMO.

SS-046.jpg

I cleared out my inventory a little while back, and I've been trying new things. I might sell a few more things and get that new cab I'm eyeing for this gig. I like this cab, though. I'm keeping it. It's a fun, fast, cab with a rather generic perk, slick lines, smokes my tires keen, and I like all that, so it's staying.

• Like 1

Lovely crafts, Doc!

On 11/13/2021 at 10:14 PM, DocSavage said:

Doc-Savage-His-Happy-Accident.jpg
Just happy little cars that live a Wasteland.

Perhaps a little bit of lunacy might be in order?

kFPni5n.jpg

• Upvote 1