[Devblog] New season in Crossout. Part 3: new game mode, new CKs and structural parts

Woodyrojo

• Developer

DbloggieEng780.jpg

Hello, survivors!

If you are looking forward to the new season and learning about new parts for armoured vehicles and cosmetic items, then join us! In this blog, we will briefly talk about some of the changes and fixes in the upcoming update, as well as show new customization kits and structural parts.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all.

Special game mode

The new season will also have a special game mode! Only this time we decided to step away from the battles with raiders and the Ravagers. Now you are the Ravagers!

The new mode will offer a PvP brawl, in which a team of 10 survivors in their own armoured vehicles will be confronted by two players, playing as the Ravagers on pre-set vehicles. The task seems to be easy, doesn’t it?

Certainly not! The objective of the survivors will be to get to the end of the map created specifically for this mode, while completing their tasks and avoiding contact with vehicles of the Ravager-players. Couldn’t destroy the enemy before he bumped into you? Welcome to the Ravager team! Now until the end of the brawl, you will try to “infect” as many of your former allies as possible.

The Ravager vehicles cannot be permanently destroyed. After each destruction, they respawn on the location and continue their hunt. Thus, survivors will never feel safe. Their ranks will inevitably diminish, and the ranks of the opposing team will be replenished.

New CKs

The next season will also include a number of new CKs. This time we will offer you two completely new CKs for “Caucasus” and “Helios”. It seems that the Ravagers had something to do with it!

012.jpg

011.jpg

New structural parts

We also invite you to take a look at some of the new structural parts. We're sure that experienced engineers have already figured out a way to use these parts with a maximum benefit for their builds. And yes, this is not all the “structurals” that will be presented in the season.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

Another new part for the armoured vehicle

You can expect one more new part for the armoured car in the new season. Unfortunately, the Engineers do not allow to reveal details about this secret development yet, but we are sure that you will not be disappointed! So far, we can only say that a part of this type and rarity has been anticipated by many. This part will also incorporate new mechanics with special welding points, which will be called “power nodes”.

Miscellaneous

Now let’s take a quick look at the other changes and fixes from the next update. It is possible that some of the following points will answer your questions and requests from forums and social networks. So, in the update we plan to:

• Return the “Old Town”, “Founders Canyon” and “Bridge” maps to the clan battles rotation. We tried to make the best use of all available information regarding unstable frame rates on these locations and optimized these maps as much as possible, so that the outcome of each clan battle depends only on the vehicles and skills of their owners.
  • Add a display of melee weapon zones that deal damage to the building mode.
  • Fix a bug with non-functional welding points on the “Goliath” tracks.
  • Fix a bug with the incorrect work of the “Quantum” cabin’s perk.
  • Optimize the environmental objects which could cause an armoured vehicle to get stuck on a number of maps.
  • Fix a bug that prevented the enemies from appearing in the “Data theft” raid.

That’s all for today! The update is scheduled for next week. Don’t miss it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Woodyrojo changed the title to [Devblog] New season in Crossout. Part 3: new game mode, new CKs and structural parts

No legendary cab ? = Sad

Any news for Parser nerf  = Curious

Do Targem Developers stream with crossout youtubers for this BP ? ( like did 2 previous one )

New BP concept like 2x  weapon of same type again ? 

Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Everything is looking realy nice, exept from that i have nothing to say honestly... :good:

That new game mode reminds me of the Zombie Escape servers in CS 1.6
Can't wait for it to be released  :D

Ravager ck's for weapon, nice

New game mode sounds like it'll be fun

Seems like it'll be a ravager season, super nice

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Any news for Parser nerf  = Curious

Probably they will nerf it because new items going to be op so players headache move at next level.

Do Targem Developers stream with crossout youtubers for this BP ? ( like did 2 previous one )

None logical youtuber want these devs to talk with.

• Haha 1

All very nice and this next season looks like a blast and a half.

Thanks for the Goliath and Quantum fixes, they were bugging the community for a while.

Odd shape parts are always interesting, both aestheticaly and usefulness speaking.

No complains from me, only one question: will you revise how the price corridors work? A lot of items can't be sold/bought for a fair price while others are outright locked.

• Upvote 4

1 Legendary Snowfall rocketlauncher

1 Special Defender MG

1 new modul that gives some parts extra durab 

This new 50 level Battlepass seems to have way less content than the previous. Previous had: 2 legendary guns, 1 epic gun and a generator.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

The new season will also have a special game mode

This sounds very cool

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

skills of their owners.

You talking about breaker players here right?

Edited by Serdath_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

No complains from me, only one question: will you revise how the price corridors work? A lot of items can't be sold/bought for a fair price while others are outright locked.

So much truth in this .. i have a lot of stull that i would like to sell but the price corridor set by the game will not allow me to set a decent price for a "rare" ingame item

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Couldn’t destroy the enemy before he bumped into you? Welcome to the Ravager team!

Does this mean that melee weapons will be counterproductive here? Still, I'm excited to see and try this mode out!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

You can expect one more new part for the armoured car in the new season. Unfortunately, the Engineers do not allow to reveal details about this secret development yet, but we are sure that you will not be disappointed! So far, we can only say that a part of this type and rarity has been anticipated by many. This part will also incorporate new mechanics with special welding points, which will be called “power nodes”.

Lets hope that this means we are getting a second relic that is NOT a shotgun.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, about the welding point correction, fix the welding points from the Growl and CK cabin, below, to the sides, above and behind the cabin. Below the 88mm Executioner cannon. These are the things I remember that need to be added more solder points as they have flat parts, there are probably other parts that are flat that don't have welding points.

In the past, the growl cabin had all these points, but were removed, I don't know why...

Edited by Alcoutinho15

It's great that Crossout is growing, but there is still this one unsolved issue. The Operation Ashen Ring was ended 3 days 18 hours early. I have a theory it was to cut off a source of easy plastic. We're getting these different event raids and brawls to keep us logging in, so we'll be more likely to buy a pack, and when such a nasty surprise happens, it could have the opposite effect.
1807243506_2021_10.21003.jpg.5ec76dd7261

What happened with OAR could, and maybe should, make players wonder whether something similar will happen in the future, with other events.

I think Crossout's condition is getting worse:
1) Operation Gozu and Operation Ashen Ring were two raids very popular with players for farming plastic. The former was even more profitable, and I'd say not without a reason - Gaijin was getting more desperate, so a stronger incentive was needed. I don't recall there being a raid like these two before.
2) The Morghenstern pack, which new players can get on day one, is like an upgraded starter car, and seems like a special measure to retain new players, which could be discouraged by the intense grind and leave before they spend any money. Could the ATM decor and the dollar sign hubcap be a subliminal message? Or maybe there's a broader context to this pack that I'm unfamiliar with.
3) Announcing a new season midway through a running one is another sign things aren't going well. It looks like desperation.
4) Ending OAR just as Halloween was starting wasn't really due to technical reasons (the servers could handle OAR and a 6v6 event brawl just fine), but to end a plastic raid with no fuel cost, high plastic gain and more predictability. It was supposed to make us buy crosscrowns if we wanted to be able to craft some of the Halloween workbench goodies (I love the new ones, thanks for that :smile:).
5) The chat isn't really cool anymore. Two days ago one troll was dominating the chat for half an hour or more, and everyone were giving that troll attention, as if they couldn't realize that's what trolls are after. And those were chat regulars and daily players. And when I say I'm looking for players to join a Death Race around the Crater in a shared booster car, no-one's interested. Maybe they just grind, complain, and go to sleep. To dream about grinding and complaining.
6) Since early this year, my 11K raid car has been teemed with vehicles at 14-15K Ps and more (up to 18K) some half of the time. And sometimes with 8K vehicles. As if there weren't enough players at 11K to team me with.
7) There used to be a lot more comments under patchnotes, or announcement post like this one.

4 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

4) Ending OAR just as Halloween was starting wasn't really due to technical reasons (the servers could handle OAR and a 6v6 event brawl just fine), but to end a plastic raid with no fuel cost, high plastic gain and more predictability. It was supposed to make us buy crosscrowns if we wanted to be able to craft some of the Halloween workbench goodies (I love the new ones, thanks for that :smile:).

the ashen ring raid, and the witch hunt brawl actually ocupyed the same "slot" on the mission selection brawl, i think they just coudn't add one more, as that slot was made especifically for a brawl like that, and because they were close to the deadline, they woud'nt have enought time to create a new "slot" on the map of the valley

Can you make it so we can have modes available only on specific events in custom battles?

Like steel championship, this new mode that's coming, and some various others

6 hours ago, Kope98 said:

1 Legendary Snowfall rocketlauncher

1 Special Defender MG

1 new modul that gives some parts extra durab 

This new 50 level Battlepass seems to have way less content than the previous. Previous had: 2 legendary guns, 1 epic gun and a generator.

Because it's 1 of the old battlepasses for every two new battlepasses. What did you think was going to happen when the BP's were coming out more often with less levels?

4 hours ago, DominusPericulum said:

Does this mean that melee weapons will be counterproductive here? Still, I'm excited to see and try this mode out!

I'm just excited for the general idea of the brawl although I am disappointed that we can't bring our personal levis even if that is understandable.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Renamed41544 said:

Thanks for 0 info on the new relic niddhogg. Wtf?

More info:

the Niddhogg is a xxxx, the relic will be a polished version.

1 hour ago, RoughMonkey said:

More info:

the Niddhogg is a xxxx, the relic will be a polished version.

The Niddhogg is a beast. I just want the recipe so I'm ready to **** **** breakers and rip chunks off hovers.

• Confused 2

I like the direction their sci-fi is going visually, and lore-wise. The new mode sounds fun. Contagions are all the rage these days, so it's a clever spoof, I think.

I'm ready for another fun season. I enjoyed the last one, and other than some FPS issues, I'm having fun with the game presently. Crossout is the bomb when it finds its groove...Russians won't know WTF I meant by that, huh? Game is good. Cпасибо.

2s1dk4.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Interesting new mode, looking forward to play tag!

But the big question here: Will Neutrino on consoles finally be fixed as well? 8x zoom still isn't working!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.