New cabin

tenshiijin

So during the dev intro YouTube vid to the new bp he had his cursor over the cabin thumbnail for like... A milesecond.  Do u think that was on purpose or an accident?  Either way I got a ss of the cabs stat sheet.  I can't tell if posting is going to be breaking forum rules or not.  Because it seems like devs don't want us there know... But at the same time...

• Confused 1

So if I read this right, the cabin may heat up and take double dammage while repairing your guns.  Also it does seem like u need guns attached directly to the cab on its node connections for it to work. 

Edited by tenshiijin
  • Confused 1

Looked like an "accident" to me, lol. If they realize a single frame is all we need, they'd simply have disabled the tooltip for the crate altogether. They at least didn't reveal any of the recipes, however, which I think is the bigger thing to keep secret til the update goes live. 

10 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

So if I read this right, the cabin may heat up and take double dammage while repairing your guns.  Also it does seem like u need guns attached directly to the cab on its node connections for it to work. 

That's how I understood it as well. The real question now, however, is how many power nodes this cabin has, where they're located, and even what the shape of the cabin is. If any of these are undesirable, the cabin could become quite insignificant despite the powerful-sounding perk.

5 minutes ago, DarthStall said:

Do you think they will offer the -Mass + Mass fusion for this cabin?

I was waiting for him to flicker his cursor over those blueprint recipes, but he never did =(.  I hope its fusion is +dmg resistance, +Max mass.  That would be perfect.  I feel like it will just be another +power fusion though. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ShurikenStar said:

Looked like an "accident" to me, lol. If they realize a single frame is all we need, they'd simply have disabled the tooltip for the crate altogether. They at least didn't reveal any of the recipes, however, which I think is the bigger thing to keep secret til the update goes live. 

That's how I understood it as well. The real question now, however, is how many power nodes this cabin has, where they're located, and even what the shape of the cabin is. If any of these are undesirable, the cabin could become quite insignificant despite the powerful-sounding perk.

Indeed.  It really does come down to the model design at this point. 

• Confused 1

There was a leak, so it's almost 99% certain that the cabin will look like this. The only question is, where will the power nodes be located?

ZECSMxn6Cl8.jpg

Great.. another light cabin... as if we don't have enough... 

One question to the devs: you forgot you have a Special tier right? I bet there are more relics than specials right about now...

40 minutes ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

There was a leak, so it's almost 99% certain that the cabin will look like this. The only question is, where will the power nodes be located?

ZECSMxn6Cl8.jpg

That's one real thin cabin...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ShurikenStar said:

Its probably a medium/heavy cabin instead of a light one... at least I hope...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Its probably a medium/heavy cabin instead of a light one... at least I hope...

The cabin details & perk appeared to already be determined on-stream, which are more in-line w/ medium cabin stats (almost exactly the same as the Quantum). There's little to no distinction between light/medium cabins anyways, as the only parts in the game where cabin class makes any difference are the perks for the Yokozuna and Cohort cabins but even they still treat light & medium cabins exactly the same.

• Upvote 3

It's a little light-weight to be a medium cabin, imo, but dang those are some good stats for a light cabin... I'd already grab this in a heartbeat tbh

10 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Is that a second Nova under number 37?

7 hours ago, ShurikenStar said:

Right? It's a Wierd model for a light cab Imo too

10 minutes ago, Kehich said:

Is that a second Nova under number 37?

One Nova is the fused craftable Novaonly available during event. the other is the Nova blueprints we can craft after the event. 

5 hours ago, ShurikenStar said:

The cabin details & perk appeared to already be determined on-stream, which are more in-line w/ medium cabin stats (almost exactly the same as the Quantum). There's little to no distinction between light/medium cabins anyways, as the only parts in the game where cabin class makes any difference are the perks for the Yokozuna and Cohort cabins but even they still treat light & medium cabins exactly the same.

Yeah this is Wierd to me.  It's bordering the light med/cab classifications just like the torrero.  Then again it's another legendary light cabin so it makes sense it's stats would be similar to a lighter MEd cabin that is purple.   Like the griphon does. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

Probably hid it to stop people from freaking out, especially if it works with Breakers/ hover range. 

Def wide enough to accommodate two breakers. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

is the Nova blueprints

I see now, it's only blueprints.

Looks like it will favour forward type hovers, with weapons mounted on the sides

Spoiler

S11125-12392760.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Looks like it will favour forward type hovers, with weapons mounted on the sides

I bet it will mostly be used by hit-n'-run builds since it will be heated while fixing the weapons but... which weapon could benefit the most from it?

Cannons? Reapers? Tacklers? Remedies?

• Upvote 1

I think it will benefit cannons the most, since the cabin heals by percentage, and not by static hp value. Mammoths and Mastodons will get the most of it. Though i'm certain scorpions will use it as well so pekapoo from afair and thein just fix themselves up. Since it's on the sides, you can even squeeze in the Avenator (or whatever its called) module, so the weapons on one side will stick half on the cabin and half on the module

Edited by GentlemanRevvnar

15 minutes ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Nice pic, is this final?

1 minute ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

I think it will benefit cannons the most, since the cabin heals by percentage, and not by static hp value. Mammoths and Mastodons will get the most of it. Though i'm certain scorpions will use it as well so pekapoo from afair and thein just fix themselves up. Since it's on the sides, you can even squeeze in the Avenator (or whatever its called) module, so the weapons on one side will stick half on the cabin and half on the module

Since the cabins seems to be a 6x6x4, using the Averter module you could even buff the durability of a front mounted plow in a way that you can heavily armor both the cabin and whatever sidemounted gun you have... it would be almost as a self fixing Bastion :008:

• Upvote 2