New cabin

tenshiijin

4 minutes ago, vvaysion said:

Nice pic, is this final?

Nobody knows, it's just a leak, but considering that the devs are kinda late for the start of the season with that model, then i'm pretty sure they're just making it quickly to get it done before whales get that required level for this reward. So i'd consider any changes unlikely

5 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Since the cabins seems to be a 6x6x4, using the Averter module you could even buff the durability of a front mounted plow in a way that you can heavily armor both the cabin and whatever sidemounted gun you have... it would be almost as a self fixing Bastion :008:

Yup, it might often be used with that new heavy trainplow we got recently since it has more hp than the older one

8 hours ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Looks like it will favour forward type hovers, with weapons mounted on the sides

Hide contents

Niiiiiice. This def limits what people can use on this cab.  Devs just made yet another part that caters to a playstyle I use and build style I used from way back when. 

It's not great for breakers.  It's def going to make people use some unique builds and designs with those Wierd node points.  I see it being decent for a porc hover maybe...sideways or front. 

It will work well for parser omni wheels. 

Those node mounting points are so awkward for a light cabin.  I love it.  So many unique things I'll be doing with this.  Let's find us a new META build peeple. I may just bring back my reaper aegis build, but instead of torrero I'll use this mama jamma. 

I see fortunes being good with this as well. 

What do you guys see this cab with its wierdo node placements being good with? 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

What do you guys see this cab with its wierdo node placements being good with? 

Two Mastodons, of course!

I don't see any "light" about the look of the cabin, though. Clearly a cabin from a truck. Height of 6 pins making this "light" build a "heavy" target.

3 hours ago, Kehich said:

Two Mastodons, of course!

I don't see any "light" about the look of the cabin, though. Clearly a cabin from a truck. Height of 6 pins making this "light" build a "heavy" target.

But it only has 10kmass and u only get the hp buff from side mounting, leaving the front of the cabin exposed.   And it seems to have a wide front.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

leaving the front of the cabin exposed.   And it seems to have a wide front.

It's not like you can make something really good out of it. Except sidecuck, of course. Even then the cabin is really huge.

I won't use that cabin except for art-craft. Anything you can put on it should be durable enough to withstand atleast some damage. Either a cannon, or an autocannon. Maybe frontal gun/shotgun.

6 minutes ago, Kehich said:

It's not like you can make something really good out of it. Except sidecuck, of course. Even then the cabin is really huge.

I won't use that cabin except for art-craft. Anything you can put on it should be durable enough to withstand atleast some damage. Either a cannon, or an autocannon. Maybe frontal gun/shotgun.

It's not like we can make something really good out of it?  You've not even had the cab yet...there is always new META to be found, people just have to be creative and think outside the boxy cab. 

I see great potential here.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tenshiijin said:

Bring me an example then.

3 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

You've not even had the cab yet...there is always new META to be found

Does not disprove the facts that this cabin is huge, this cabin boosts only things that welded to its sides and this cabin boosts these things with the repair of their durability while getting heated, e.g. receiving more damage itself.

The repair feature is nice and can be used, but not on this cabin. You can't weld heavy stuff on it without losing in structures or mass limit. You can't even protect the cab properly with train plows, because, as you pointed out, the front is open. You can't weld most of the weapons, because they will fall off pretty quickly, be that a raid or a PvP battle.

3 minutes ago, Kehich said:

Bring me an example then.

Does not disprove the facts that this cabin is huge, this cabin boosts only things that welded to its sides and this cabin boosts these things with the repair of their durability while getting heated, e.g. receiving more damage itself.

The repair feature is nice and can be used, but not on this cabin. You can't weld heavy stuff on it without losing in structures or mass limit. You can't even protect the cab properly with train plows, because, as you pointed out, the front is open. You can't weld most of the weapons, because they will fall off pretty quickly, be that a raid or a PvP battle.

No one has the cab yet bruh.  Bring u what example?  It's all just speculation right now. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, tenshiijin said:

Bring u what example?

10 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Literally your own words. If you see anything in this cabin, you must have something in your mind. Anything it can be used with. Can't you give me something? Even the wildest idea would be good.

2 hours ago, Kehich said:

Literally your own words. If you see anything in this cabin, you must have something in your mind. Anything it can be used with. Can't you give me something? Even the wildest idea would be good.

I've already shared some of the weapons I see being good on it.   It's too tedious to try and describe a whole build via text.  So no thanks.

Like I've already said.  A dual side mounted reaper aegis build will work great on this cab for one.  With say omni wheels or small tracks.  Not in cw but in regular PvP. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

A dual side mounted reaper aegis build will work great on this cab for one.

I was thinking you have a reaper copter in mind, but okay.

It could be good to repair your reapers. But the main problem is that you have to hide and not help your team for a while. Yes, there is a freight train plow that can easily protect the front of the cabin... but the top is still open. I dunno, I think it will be something like Dusk or Call.