The game is crashing after today's update

I restarted the PC before updating. The launcher updated the game automatically. Then the "Play" button lit up. Launching through the desktop shortcut launched the game, but all that loaded was a white screen, then a black one with a grey circle spinning, followed by a crash and a crash report window. After maybe the second time I restarted the PC. The issue persists, a total of nine times now. From what some players are saying on the forum, it would seem the've been able to launch the game. I even installed the latest VC_redist.x64, as TheLittleSam advised to another players, to no avail. Am I supposed to re-install the game after a successful update?

• Developer

Hello!
In case you're using Windows 7, there is a known crash that started after today's update. In case the installation of VC_redist didn't help, you should wait for a fix. It's gonna come with the nearest hotfix.

• Thanks 2

Great! Thanks a lot! Yes, I'm on Windows 7. I'll be waiting patiently now. :smile:

23 minutes ago, Omega616 said:

Great! Thanks a lot! Yes, I'm on Windows 7. I'll be waiting patiently now. :smile:

I didn't even fire the PC yet but I'm also on Windows 7. Let's see how this goes once I get home.

After this weeks update (holey moters) i am unable to launch the game past the "play" button on the launch screen. Have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the game multiple times with no success. im currently running windows 10 and have no internet issues. <<< VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found>>>

Edited by BigAtillery

4 hours ago, BigAtillery said:

After this weeks update (holey moters) i am unable to launch the game past the "play" button on the launch screen. Have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the game multiple times with no success. im currently running windows 10 and have no internet issues. <<< VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found>>>

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

You are welcome :014:

On 11/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, lucashc90 said:

I didn't even fire the PC yet but I'm also on Windows 7. Let's see how this goes once I get home.

Never had a single issue with the game since the update. Good thing to know that not all Win 7 users got the bugs.