PLEASE allow us to disable menu navigation by keys (A,D,Q,E)

CIaw

Title should be self-explanatory. Even though I think having this option in the game is great for those who can't use the mouse very well, it should not be enabled at all times for everyone, without a way to turn it off.

Especially while building, I tend to press the movement keys in advance of clicking a part, so I can immediately move. If I try to do that now, it immediately sends me to another window, so I have to click back again. This also applies to test-driving things, since most hover builds require you to turn a bit to confortably exit your garage.

Also, all these white button logos clutter up my interface, which also isn't very neat.

Edited by CIaw
  • Upvote 9

More options are always great. I second this.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, CIaw said:

Title should be self-explanatory. Even though I think having this option in the game is great for those who can't use the mouse very well, it should not be enabled at all times for everyone, without a way to turn it off.

Especially while building, I tend to press the movement keys in advance of clicking a part, so I can immediately move. If I try to do that now, it immediately sends me to another window, so I have to click back again. This also applies to test-driving things, since most hover builds require you to turn a bit to confortably exit your garage.

Also, all these white button logos clutter up my interface, which also isn't very neat.

Yes we need an off button!

tenor.gif?itemid=8064494

Edited by MudnBeer
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Crossplay is coming :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Crimson_Widow said:

It explains a LOT of changes now that I think about it, crosscrowns, this, the edging towards a more streamlined economy between every game.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Crimson_Widow said:

*gasp* that means more easy kills for us! :D

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Support_Vehicle said:

It explains a LOT of changes now that I think about it, crosscrowns, this, the edging towards a more streamlined economy between every game.

That would be nice.  I mean crosscrowns are terrible, but less so if its a lead in to crossplay at least. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimson_Widow said:

I'm not too sure, but I think these shortcuts were always available in the PC version if you launched the game through Steam's Big Picture mode with the Steam Controller.

But to address the OP: I'd like to hide those buttons as well, see no benefits to having them on. And if I'm right about the buttons having been there before for the Steam Controller, allowing us to hide them should be really simple.

• Upvote 2

On 11/25/2021 at 3:08 PM, CIaw said:

Especially while building, I tend to press the movement keys in advance of clicking a part, so I can immediately move. If I try to do that now, it immediately sends me to another window

Or to range building. Got myself a little frustrated from that thing.

I need the OFF button for that.

Yes, I keep repeatedly hitting the movement keys prematurely out of habit when building and always get thrown into the fusion tab or holding a range object at the range, it's really frustrating

• Upvote 1