modules to Buff our teammates for a 1 minute AOE or Direct,tell us what Buff you want to give! or maybe Buff yourself

MudnBeer

modules to Buff our teammates for a 1 minute AOE or Direct,tell us what Buff you want to give! or maybe Buff yourself  

20 members have voted

1. 1. modules to Buff our teammates for a 1 minute AOE or Direct,tell us what Buff you want to give! or maybe Buff yourself

• yes
    • no

what Buffs would you like? Speed,Damage,stealth,health ect?

Edited by MudnBeer
  • Upvote 2

• MudnBeer changed the title to modules to Buff our teammates for a 1 minute AOE or Direct,tell us what Buff you want to give! or maybe Buff yourself

Its an interesting mechanic that many RPGs and modern FPSs have.

I would like to see that in XO.

• Confused 1

mebbe a % general purpose damage resistance?

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Its an interesting mechanic that many RPGs and modern FPSs have.

I would like to see that in XO.

XO's basics are also radically different than most other such games. Healers don't exist as one example, because the game is based on parts dying. There's no established classes either like in almost every such game.

• Upvote 2

We already have 3 cabs that buff teammates.. speed, resistance, and radar avoidance. Not to mention a Barrier that shields teammates. Enlightenment shows someone on the map to all. Any weapon that heats is already giving your teammates a damage buff. Adding more such items would be overkill.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MudnBeer said:

what Buffs would you like? Speed,Damage,stealth,health ect?

I've thought long and hard for this, I've actually thought of something like battle drums, they would increase everything "human" about a build, (reloading, gun traverse speed, detection radius if they got no radar, cooldowns for items, cooling for guns, accuracy, dispersion etc). I think these would perform well, however, I'd prefer it to be AOE, but the kicker is that I don't think increased damage would work. It makes it a bit too good to just throw onto a bunch of teammates and utterly eradicate the enemy team.

24 minutes ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

We already have 3 cabs that buff teammates.. speed, resistance, and radar avoidance. Not to mention a Barrier that shields teammates. Enlightenment shows someone on the map to all. Any weapon that heats is already giving your teammates a damage buff. Adding more such items would be overkill.

1. you can only use one cab at a time
2. the yoko cabin can only buff one teammate and is considered bad
3. radar avoidance only works on 3 people that must be in 25m of you at ALL times, also only useful for specific builds, for others it's just an added extra
4. Barrier that shields teammates is a static defense turret, mines (fortunes and procs) can pass through it, high dps/burst explosive guns can destroy it (mandrake, retcher, crickets, locusts etc) can't forget fire puddles can force themselves into the barrier, it also lasts for an incredibly short time compared to all other drones. Speaking of drones, they too can enter the barrier, anyone can, It also is large, blue, and locks you in place for a short period of time, it's more of drop for cover instead of an all-deflecting shield that cannot be countered.

5. Enlightenment requires a radar to use to keep enemies on the radar? It also blasts a large warning sign whilst also being a giant blue blinking light that slowly approaches you giving you all the time in the world to simply dodge, it lasts for a short time, is tethered to you meaning it can be easily shot off due to it's insanely huge hitbox, and it ONLY reveals your position on the minimap, something doppler or maxwell can EASILY do, they also are incredibly armored, also only cost one energy, are always on, and relay this info to your team whilst detecting the ENTIRE enemy team. It is I think, the objectively worst module in game, utter and completely useless, literally any radar detector would work infinitely better.
6.heating is a good damage buff, however, only those that mass heat are those that use fire puddles, or do massive explosive damage, (procs and mastos come to mind), However, mastos typically heat only to destroy the heated parts a second later, meaning less heated parts for the team to shoot at. Other heating guns are typically only heating a specific part and need to heat them to 100% (heating isn't just a tap part to be fully heated). 

Am I saying all these buffs are bad? No, they're all actually REALLY good and insanely useful, but saying that adding more buff items would be overkill is not true, Most of these buffs can't be used in conjunction with each other on one build, trash, or require immense energy investment, the 3 cabs can't use their abilities on one build because a build only has one energy point, Barrier IX requires a 3 point energy investment, which to some builds mean they can lose out on a lot. Enlightenment is simply garbage, the yoko cabin is also considered one of the worst legendary heavy cabs in game. Heating parts also comes with requiring specific guns, most of these guns serve as either support, or to use it in conjunction with itself, or other guns. Aurora is best when used in conjunction with other weapons, mandrake, and incins are support items, masto works best with itself, typically destroying heated parts as part of its perk then actually being a support item, procs are incredibly effective. What I'm trying to say is that using these support items requires giving up your power to strengthen the power of others. I gave up my entire ability to fight in return to defend teammates from enemies, if anything, most hardcore support items such as Barrier IX, enlightenment, and argus are almost never used. If they are, they're almost exclusively used for personal use, supporting teammates is an *extra* occasionally used, hardcore supports like me are so dead that I had to make an entire thread dedicated it and THAT inspired people to make support vehicles and yet I still never spot any of em. It's a HUGE niche because the game doesn't REWARD it, in order for you to get 40 points, you can just tap some people and shoot a few parts, for a barrier IX user to do that, they need to block 3k damage... 3 thousand damage to earn 40~ points, you can RAM someone with the lowest damaging passive melee weapons/bumpers and do more in terms of points, enlightenment flat out cannot, argus has to intercept entire barrages of missiles and mines to even EARN 40 points. Since this game heavily favors doing your own thing instead of helping allies, the game feels more like a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game, yeah you got allies and enemies that are human, but the interaction you have can be utterly minimal to even none. As such the game suffers for it, even support module is either used specifically for personal use outside of a few circumstances OR is tossed to the side, incinerators are support, same with drakes, but the REASON incin is used more then drake is because it can be used as a solo, with heating parts being an added extra for allies to shoot at. Yeah your ally shoots the heated parts, but it doesn't give you many if not any points, You're better off designing a car that can effectively kill someone with incinerators without ally support... oh wait... that's what people DO, they design their cars mostly to be able to tango with enemies, that's not a bad thing, but it shows that the game does not support at all the ability to support other players. Kapkans and Jub mines, a support mine to help you and the team are more or less used for personal use, to snare the enemy before you kill them, or to simply use it as another gun. The game NEEDS more support items as well as providing support items and people with a way of actually EARNING points. Even Barrier IX and the other support cabins which by all means are the de facto support stuff for the game are typically used for personal gain instead of with allies why? Because the game doesn't GIVE you points for giving it to an ally in need, it rewards you when YOU use it to stomp an enemy, not assisting some guy getting trashed by a scorp hover. It's why dedicated support users are so rare, it's why those that use support items are almost specifically used for themselves. The cabs abilities are just an extra for when they feel like they should help. Yeah walk into your allies and pop the cohort defense buff, but you won't get points for it, instead you get points for instead of traveling to the nearest ally to use it with, you use it to run into an enemy and get some points. It's not that these people are bad, it's what the game tells us to do. I will keep saying this over and over we need to incentivize support players and modules. Stop eradicating an entire class of players, like when they nerfed Barrier IXs that killed their carriers almost for good. that concludes my TED-TALK, thanks for reading.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Support_Vehicle said:

if anything, most hardcore support items such as Barrier IX, enlightenment, and argus are almost never used. If they are, they're almost exclusively used for personal use

I'm in a different world on Playstation, top 10 teams use Barriers in regular Clan Wars and in Leviathan Wars, hover Levis use 2. Argus and Kapkans are everywhere. I didn't even mention Kapkans which are the most overpowered item in the game considering its only a mid-tier rarity epic and just 2 energy. As far as the Yokozuna, it was my favorite cab when heavy builds always broke Kapkans. Nothing put fear in a hover more than a big dude with more speed than them and 4k durability. As far as Mastodons, the majority of teams here run 1 or 2, they heat up more than just 1 part that gets quickly shot off. More like a quarter of the entire build or more than half if it's a small build. Everyone has the OP fused version from the event too. And considering Bastion is our most used competitive cab, it's mostly plow vs plow shots anyways. 

Since we have Cohort's perk gives you up to 30% damage resistance from a drone that basically farts on you, then I'd like a module or even a new cabin that works similiarly but in other way.

For examle a Cohort's type drone that charges your build with static electricity, and if you're being touched by an enemy, then their parts that are touching you will receive damage equal to meatgrinder damage or someting.

And let's just say that this only works under you (in orientation to cabin), and on your sides, so that dogs can't use that to buff their offence capability :v

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Support_Vehicle said:

Am I saying all these buffs are bad? No, they're all actually REALLY good and insanely useful, but saying that adding more buff items would be overkill is not true, Most of these buffs can't be used in conjunction with each other on one build, trash, or require immense energy investment, the 3 cabs can't use their abilities on one build because a build only has one energy point, Barrier IX requires a 3 point energy investment, which to some builds mean they can lose out on a lot. Enlightenment is simply garbage, the yoko cabin is also considered one of the worst legendary heavy cabs in game. Heating parts also comes with requiring specific guns, most of these guns serve as either support, or to use it in conjunction with itself, or other guns. Aurora is best when used in conjunction with other weapons, mandrake, and incins are support items, masto works best with itself, typically destroying heated parts as part of its perk then actually being a support item, procs are incredibly effective. What I'm trying to say is that using these support items requires giving up your power to strengthen the power of others. I gave up my entire ability to fight in return to defend teammates from enemies, if anything, most hardcore support items such as Barrier IX, enlightenment, and argus are almost never used. If they are, they're almost exclusively used for personal use, supporting teammates is an *extra* occasionally used, hardcore supports like me are so dead that I had to make an entire thread dedicated it and THAT inspired people to make support vehicles and yet I still never spot any of em. It's a HUGE niche because the game doesn't REWARD it, in order for you to get 40 points, you can just tap some people and shoot a few parts, for a barrier IX user to do that, they need to block 3k damage... 3 thousand damage to earn 40~ points, you can RAM someone with the lowest damaging passive melee weapons/bumpers and do more in terms of points, enlightenment flat out cannot, argus has to intercept entire barrages of missiles and mines to even EARN 40 points. Since this game heavily favors doing your own thing instead of helping allies, the game feels more like a singleplayer game disguised as a multiplayer game, yeah you got allies and enemies that are human, but the interaction you have can be utterly minimal to even none. As such the game suffers for it, even support module is either used specifically for personal use outside of a few circumstances OR is tossed to the side, incinerators are support, same with drakes, but the REASON incin is used more then drake is because it can be used as a solo, with heating parts being an added extra for allies to shoot at. Yeah your ally shoots the heated parts, but it doesn't give you many if not any points, You're better off designing a car that can effectively kill someone with incinerators without ally support... oh wait... that's what people DO, they design their cars mostly to be able to tango with enemies, that's not a bad thing, but it shows that the game does not support at all the ability to support other players. Kapkans and Jub mines, a support mine to help you and the team are more or less used for personal use, to snare the enemy before you kill them, or to simply use it as another gun. The game NEEDS more support items as well as providing support items and people with a way of actually EARNING points. Even Barrier IX and the other support cabins which by all means are the de facto support stuff for the game are typically used for personal gain instead of with allies why? Because the game doesn't GIVE you points for giving it to an ally in need, it rewards you when YOU use it to stomp an enemy, not assisting some guy getting trashed by a scorp hover. It's why dedicated support users are so rare, it's why those that use support items are almost specifically used for themselves. The cabs abilities are just an extra for when they feel like they should help. Yeah walk into your allies and pop the cohort defense buff, but you won't get points for it, instead you get points for instead of traveling to the nearest ally to use it with, you use it to run into an enemy and get some points. It's not that these people are bad, it's what the game tells us to do. I will keep saying this over and over we need to incentivize support players and modules. Stop eradicating an entire class of players, like when they nerfed Barrier IXs that killed their carriers almost for good. that concludes my TED-TALK, thanks for reading.

The game already has support items, weapons like sniping autocannons or incinerators, items like the argus, radar detector, or barrier, and more.

That's not the traditional support design but XO isn't really traditionally designed is it?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

XO's basics are also radically different than most other such games. Healers don't exist as one example, because the game is based on parts dying. There's no established classes either like in almost every such game.

It doesn't need to be a module that heals becausevof course thst would break XO (even if they just created the Master cabin), I'm talking about damage buffs, speed buffs, reload buffs.

2 hours ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

For examle a Cohort's type drone that charges your build with static electricity, and if you're being touched by an enemy, then their parts that are touching you will receive damage equal to meatgrinder damage or someting.

Like this one up there. It sounds pretty interesting. Maybe a grenade launcher that the projectile latches to the car it hits, electrifying allies or hurting enemies depending which of those they hit.

2 hours ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Since we have Cohort's perk gives you up to 30% damage resistance from a drone that basically farts on you

:lol:

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

It doesn't need to be a module that heals becausevof course thst would break XO (even if they just created the Master cabin), I'm talking about damage buffs, speed buffs, reload buffs.

And that's still a problem. There are no classes that focused exclusively on buffing your team, everyone is a damage dealer by default unless you literally bring no weapons with you (The support builds are damage dealers with a different focus. No one with a working brain wants a sniper build to be fighting at the front of a fight, their role is to support the team.).

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

No one with a working brain wants a sniper build to be fighting at the front of a fight, their role is to support the team

"peroceeds to get rammed into the acid lake in factory by my teammates because i was using whirwinds"

• Haha 1

TBH I see this as something that should go part and parcel with co-driver re-work and co-drivers should be re-worked as individual avatar/characters for the players with buildable/choosable skill trees...

*shrug* JS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

No one with a working brain wants a sniper build to be fighting at the front of a fight, their role is to support the team.

*laughs in Howl using triple Whirl*

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

using triple Whirl

But... Whirls are terrible at sniping... all that recoil and poor accuracy... Maybe I got something wrong, because I like my Whirls but for sniping bots I'd use my Stillwinds. And Kaiju. And Assemblers. And Adapters.

5 hours ago, _davekko_ said:

"peroceeds to get rammed into the acid lake in factory by my teammates because i was using whirwinds"

Like I said, "with a working brain".

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

*laughs in Howl using triple Whirl*

Whirls aren't a sniping weapon.

11 hours ago, Crimson_Widow said:

TBH I see this as something that should go part and parcel with co-driver re-work and co-drivers should be re-worked as individual avatar/characters for the players with buildable/choosable skill trees...

*shrug* JS

the ones that were put fourth years ago yet little to no words about :c

8 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Whirls aren't a sniping weapon.

Its a multi purpose tool in my opinion. Of course its no match for the accuracy of Whirlwind and Mediam, but just like Joules, you CAN snipe with it, its just that it shines brighter at medium to close range (and with Howl, specially at close range because you also can'tdamage yourself with it).

To be fair, I believe the only projectile weapon that is exclusively meant for long range and completely sucks at close is Mediam.

Edited by lucashc90

12 hours ago, Kehich said:

But... Whirls are terrible at sniping... all that recoil and poor accuracy... Maybe I got something wrong, because I like my Whirls but for sniping bots I'd use my Stillwinds. And Kaiju. And Assemblers. And Adapters.

Yeah I wouldn't call it "sniping"... but Whirls have much better value past 50m than most people give them credit for. When tap-fired, they can put a serious dent in any mid-range build at 200-250m without sweating too much.

I legit feel more comfotable fighting fixed MGs at 250m than in CQC with Whirls, because the boxed MGs' accuracy and optimal range aren't good enough to threaten Whirls at that range, while you can still dish out 4 digit damage numbers to unsuspecting targets who thought they'd totally win the trade cuz Whirls are a CQC weapon, right?

Edited by Clebardman

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Its a multi purpose tool in my opinion. Of course its no match for the accuracy of Whirlwind and Mediam, but just like Joules, you CAN snipe with it, its just that it shines brighter at medium to close range (and with Howl, specially at close range because you also can'tdamage yourself with it).

To be fair, I believe the only projectile weapon that is exclusively meant for long range and completely sucks at close is Mediam.

It's damage at the edge of it's max range is too little to be a good sniping weapon and it's accuracy is poor at best.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, I_Am_JarvisTM said:

Oh, you mean what Yokozuna was meant to do, but actually viable? Sure, I'd be down for that.

Pretty much I guess.