Damage area of Melee weapons can't afford any logic.

Depth vs area. The borer affects a larger area but the buzzsaw/druzba hits deeper.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Depth vs area. The borer affects a larger area but the buzzsaw/druzba hits deeper.

They hit the same depth but buzzsaw/druzhba ignore most parts therefore penetrate faster you mean? What a great idea if you plan to get stuck in someones structure parts instead of destroying them in the first place xDD

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

They hit the same depth but buzzsaw/druzhba ignore most parts therefore penetrate faster you mean? What a great idea if you plan to get stuck in someones structure parts instead of destroying them in the first place xDD

He always has to throw in something to show off his big brain. What he leaves out is that he compares it to a peanut...

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

No, they hit different depths.

The buzzsaw and druzba have a longer hitbox. 

With how melee damage works, that's great for something like running through parts to hit a generator or frame to cut someone in half. Not so great if you intend to grind someone down however.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

druzba have a longer hitbox.

I really want to believe you.... u sure?

screenshot-220112-213235(31;3;42).jpg

screenshot-220112-213711(-28;12;138).jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On the second picture Druzhba not even spinning as u can see on the bottom pannel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

On the second picture Druzhba not even spinning as u can see on the bottom pannel

Because you're at an angle where it won't hit. You can see the box where the weapon will hit, the depth of where the weapon will reach is what differs.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Because you're at an angle where it won't hit. You can see the box where the weapon will hit, the depth of where the weapon will reach is what differs.

OMG Druzhba aka Mauler does not have longer hitbox, it can't reach further than Borer, in fact I doublechecked the lenght of reach is the same! So what's the benefit of mauler? higher damage, but because of bad hitbox the Mauler(druzhba) is highly unreliable compared to Borer

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

OMG Druzhba aka Mauler does not have longer hitbox, it can't reach further than Borer, in fact I doublechecked the lenght of reach is the same! So what's the benefit of mauler? higher damage, but because of bad hitbox the Mauler(druzhba) is highly unreliable compared to Borer

Again the depth of the weapons. The hitbox is the same (No change there.) but the weapons go in deeper. That's the benefit you get from the lack of damage area.

It's why the borer is so good, the benefits of the mauler/buzzsaw are useful for a very specific purpose.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

From now on I will use borer guys! TRY TO STOP ME! please

Screenshot 2022-01-12 195007.png

Im pretty sure its supposed to be giving you the freedom to place its verticaly or horizontaly depending on the angle-height you prefer to penetrate. If you want more surface you can always buy the other epic saws (cant recall name atm), they are epic better borrers.
I think its good there are size differences, now if you want to argue rarity=bettter, you would be surprised how many legendaries can outperform relics.

This depends on what you want with the build.

There are a few contact damage weapons.  All has their uses in crossout.  We have to look at contact area, damage over time, mass, how/where to mount them, PS cost and energy drain.

Sure, if you only count the damage area. The rare melee has more contact surface area, but it also has much lower damage over time compare the the rest.   At times, we also want to have a higher or lower contact points to enemy. ie, we hope to hit a little higher with out large contact surface.  Low damage meant that your build will be more lightly stay in contact with the same target and good luck if enemy has support.  

Then again, we all have something we like in the game.  I still like the MG more than other type of weapons.:002:

8 hours ago, FaZe_Georgefloyd said:

bro using torrero on borers enough said.

If anything, I making everyone a favor! Because when I use Growl its just VILE how unfair the build seems! But then lower PS is more unfair with higher player difference and I hate it! Game always puts me in a worst team xDDD

22 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

The buzzsaw and druzba have a longer hitbox. 

18 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

The hitbox is the same (No change there.) but the weapons go in deeper.

Next message will be

"The hitbox and deep is the same. But mauler penetrates better anyway."

:014: FML :014:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Again the depth of the weapons. The hitbox is the same (No change there.) but the weapons go in deeper. That's the benefit you get from the lack of damage area.

It's why the borer is so good, the benefits of the mauler/buzzsaw are useful for a very specific purpose.

AND THE CONCLUSION IS: Borer penetrates deeper.

Screenshot 2022-01-13 193558.png

Screenshot 2022-01-13 193617.png

The mauler pairs well with the lacerator. 4 lacerators work well on their own. Also seen 4 mauler builds do well. 

the lacerators have a good area of effect. When placed vertically they’re even good at taking out hovers and spiders. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MOBwBOSS said:

The mauler pairs well with the lacerator. 4 lacerators work well on their own. Also seen 4 mauler builds do well. 

the lacerators have a good area of effect. When placed vertically they’re even good at taking out hovers and spiders. 

Going with 4 lacerators makes no sense! Just use Harvester+spark instead...

3 minutes ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

Going with 4 lacerators makes no sense! Just use Harvester+spark instead...

Don’t knock it till you try it. With the health bonus on the perk they end up being very durable. they’re also way cheaper than spark Harv. 

Edited by MOBwBOSS

23 hours ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

From now on I will use borer guys! TRY TO STOP ME! please

Screenshot 2022-01-12 195007.png

Pretty sure teal ones deal more damage. This is the advantage. For example, damage 4 parts for 5 damage per second is less worthy than damage 2 parts for 20 damage per second.

26 minutes ago, Kehich said:

Pretty sure teal ones deal more damage. This is the advantage. For example, damage 4 parts for 5 damage per second is less worthy than damage 2 parts for 20 damage per second.

I can't stress enough how bad is the hitbox on Maulers, you endup being stuck inside enemy or not even hitting it. I really want some youtuber to make video about it xDD

19 minutes ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

I can't stress enough how bad is the hitbox on Maulers, you endup being stuck inside enemy or not even hitting it. I really want some youtuber to make video about it xDD

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, _Acid_Bruvski_ said:

you endup being stuck inside enemy or not even hitting it

Hmm. But that means you've done some damage and part of the enemy's vehicle has been destroyed? Can't you back up at this point?