[Announcement] Preliminary information on the upcoming Crossout update

Woodyrojo

• Woodyrojo changed the title to [Announcement] Preliminary information on the upcoming Crossout update

That’s another hard nerf for my loved parser… maybe time to sell them quick. 

its always the same.

1. OP BP weapons at first

2. hard nerfs after everyone got them…

3. new BP

4. repeat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Great buffs, all of these weapons definitely needed them.

Is there any way you could enable Yocai rockets to explode midair within a certain proximity to the enemy? This would allow the weapon to become more practical.

Also, the size of the Nest rockets needs to be finally decreased. When players complained about rockets going through their cabin, it was a bug, and the Nest didn't need its rockets inflated to a such colossal size. It doesn't look right and doesn't hit as hard as they appear by size, even with the damage buff, they currently look more like balloons popping on your car.

And one more thing I'd suggest to pay attention to: could you improve the usability of Kaiju's perk? Activating and maintaining the perk which requires not to miss even a single shot from the entire burst is incredibly hard and rare even with the precise aim, because Kaiju may easily drill a random hole and shoot through the enemy build with spaced armor, lose the perk by killing the enemy since there is no guarantee that the enemy will absorb each single shot before destruction, as well as lose the perk when your team mates move in front of your aim and randomly absorb one or two shots. There are just too many non-aim related situations which cancel the perk and "punish" the Kaiju player.

Edited by The_Doomsday
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 3

Seems okay, with one exception: DON'T BUFF CYCLONES!

After the last fuse event, almost all are fused anyway, with increased durability. The damage 3 of them with 1 RN Seal can do is already insane!

They would easily outperform scorps on long range and punisher on middle range with this change! The only drawback for cyclones was their durability, don't change that, they will be way too OP... Stop making legendaries stronger than relics!

• Confused 7
  • Upvote 1

Weren't Breakers supposed to get a perk change or something, just curious what happened to that? Also, Destructors do too much damage, maybe on PC they're not a problem, but on PlayStation they are too strong since it's mostly ground builds these days. And Dracos are everywhere on our platform including the #1 clan, they need to be toned down some. I agree with the previous post, that's too much durability for Cyclones since most players have the good fusion event ones already. Also, I still think Averter modules effecting cabs is too strong. You live forever when it is attached to a cab and it can also be used with a weapon or 2 on the same build. And it's a new year, will there be some Leviathan Wars changes or will we just have the same exact fight over and over until the end of time? Safe to say it's stale, do anything plz, separate leaderboard, lower energy, 1 week per month no Levi battles, anything to mix it up. Lastly, when will there be a new Exhibition build contest, those were always fun. I'm guessing fixing the voting and Exhibition crashes would take up too much time. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

All seems pretty ok except the Cyclones huge dura buff, but...

If you nerf OP BP items (Parser, Nest) into oblivion, and don't buff the crap BP stuff (Yoko, Buggy Wheels, Enlightenment, Omnis, etc)... Why should I buy BPs exactly?

About Nest, I'd suggest reverting the "time to lock on target increased from 2.5 to 3" nerf it got first. The weapon is near unusable in actual fight nowadays, and dealing more damage on hit when you can hit like twice in a game and have to pray the opponent doesn't shoot your missiles off... isn't very useful.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

Autocannon “Cyclone”

• The durability is planned to be increased from 535 to 661 pts.
  • The mass is planned to be increased from 510 to 729 kg.

The weight increase is too drastic. Not sure this tradeoff is worth it.

I don't like the Parcer, but don't nurf it to the point of being useless. Just do something to reduce sealclubbing. May be ban the use of legendary and relic guns in PVP matches under certain PS.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 6

Cyclone Nerf? Why? Durability is needed but adding the weight will make triple cyclone builds using medium cabs worthless...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 4

Unfortunately changes in Parser would happen. Maybe the same with Destructor, maybe.

What I think should change in Yokai:

• Increase 10% damage on hit;

• Increase 10% projectile speed;

• Reduce the reload speed by 15%;

• Add impulse of hit when hitting the vehicle.

I believe that this way the weapon will be more usual, because in a frantic battle it is very difficult to shoot close to the opponent who moves quickly, in addition to the Yokai bonus, it needs more changes. Quasar is still better, even though it doesn't have a big blast radius when missing shots.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Philipotel said:

The weight increase is too drastic. Not sure this tradeoff is worth it.

I don't like the Parcer, but don't nurf it to the point of being useless. Just do something to reduce sealclubbing. May be ban the use of legendary and relic guns in PVP matches under certain PS.

Limiting rarity tiers defeats the point of a PS system tbh. A better way to fix Parser would be to nerf it in a way that is relevant to low PS lol. All they're doing so far is turning its DPS into garbage, while keeping its 5k cars instant-deletion potential. It's pretty short-shighted. Low PS cars and weapons just can't tank that hitscan volley, and if this goes through the weapon will forever stay a 5k PS club that can't put a dent in endgame builds.

Simply reverting those reload nerfs and replacing them with damage nerfs would make the weapon way more bearable at low PS, while arguably not hurting it that much at high PS. Another option would be to give it reduced damage, but toy with a perk that ramps up higher over multiple shots (less 1 shot potential but better DPS in long engagements)

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 3

Are there any plans to Nerf the bigram's speed limit? Maybe changing modes takes a little longer perhaps? or cabin nerfs like the over used nova?

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 5

Other things I'd like to see fixed:

Hitbox of weapons and modules. Some weapons have a very large hitbox, as is the case with Blockchain. Apollo is no different either;

Collision of flat terrain that causes the vehicle to lose control. Mainly on the Ravager map, hardly anyone goes over the bridges that cross the holes, as we know that vehicles keep crashing into the ground, just like on other maps with flat terrain.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, GigaWarfare said:

Are there any plans to Nerf the bigram's speed limit? Maybe changing modes takes a little longer perhaps? or cabin nerfs like the over used nova?

I feel like Bigrams, BFs, Hermits, STs and hovers are all in a pretty good spot rn where there are solid reasons to pick each one. The game is no longer about melee on wheels vs anything ranged on hovers and that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

I'd be more interested in seeing the less used movement parts get buffs that make them all interesting in different ways. The most obvious ones which just need a bit of stats increase are Buggy Wheels (wtf are those random stats lol?) and ML200 (probably not tanky enough for their lethargic speed, as far as I'm concerned they'd be better off swapping their 25% blast resist for 25% fire resist - legs resist blast exceptionally well already, being big and chunky... And they could probably get low passive contact damage like a train plow, to discourage dogs from crashing into your 40kmh booty).

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Stillwind need buff project speed and fire rate.BTW, do dev have any plan to buff durability of jubokko.Because the hitbox is big 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Spitfires are already one of the worst shotguns in the game, why do you guys keep nerfing them?

As for Parsers, I think most of its problems could be solved by making it a projectile weapon instead of hitscan.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Hey devs. I like the hammerfall reduced size update. But still need a buff to its perk. 0.5 sec locking weapon is useless.

When are we going to get update or buff for drones & turrets ? Any new drone weapon or drone kind of faction are expected in future ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Is Cyclone's change supposed to be a Nerf or a Buff? Because even if that extra durability is surely welcomed, I'm also sure that the weight that comes with it will restrict the gun's useability to glass cannons and heavier builds.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 6

Awesome! Some of these changes have been needed for a long time.

we have a ton more weapons that need buffs too.

the Durability change to the cyclone is awesome! Not sure about the weight change though. 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 6

In this update try to restore Kapkans the way they suppose to work, they are useless. The game has modules to destroy them, spark, ramming, they wont hold fast cars anymore heavy cars snaps out of it. Useless Kapkans.....:2_100_100:the best thing is to lower the holding timer and restore its use. Also everytime you guys release a good weapon then it gets nerfed a few weeks later, u need to stop hard nerfs.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GigaWarfare said:

Do u play the game? What the heck u complaining about. U know how slow a spider build is?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Crossbow “Toadfish”

Now the delay between shots will be shorter by 30%.

Developer Comment: Another change aimed at improving the usability and making the use of the weapon’s perk more efficient.

Good.
Now do the same for other crossbows.
Don't forget that you also made Spike and Phoenix and put them in the game. Those need buffs in more than one way...
Too big to armor up, too heavy, too slow to rotate, too slow to reload, and gone in a blink when attacked.

Shotgun “Spitfire”

The optimal range is planned to be reduced from 40 to 30 m.

Developer Comment: being a close-range weapon, “Spitfire” is currently too efficient at long distances. The change will preserve the effectiveness of the shotgun at close range, but will also allow other weapons to efficiently fight against it at a distance.

This one though, is wrong.... I didn't play with Spitfires for a while now but when I encounter them on an enemy, they just feel funny and bad. No matter what weapons or build I have, I deal with Spitfire enemy player way too easy.
So from that perspective: This is beating a dead crippled horse.

• Upvote 3

Rocket launcher “Nest”

Blast damage is planned to be increased by 25%.

Man I sure hope this doesn’t mean people are going to use this thing again… dislike the thought of this weapon being usable.

Grenade launcher “Thresher”

The spread from each shot will be decreased 15%.

This is one of my favourite weapons. It’s felt very powerful with its last couple buffs. I don’t want it to become to powerful. 

Rocket launcher “Waltz”

• The projectile speed is planned to be increased by 12%.
  • The durability is planned to be increased from 209 to 259 pts.

Would like to see the point where the rockets leave the barrel remain top dead center and not rotate around with the animation.  The gun canceling its charge or only shooting one rocket on bumpy terrain is the biggest challenge with using the waltz.

Shotgun “Parser”

• The reload time is planned to be increased from 2.6 to 2.8 seconds.
  • The time to fully charge the shot is planned to be increased from 1 to 1.5 sec.
  • The holding time for a full charge before automatic firing is planned to be reduced from 2 to 1.5 sec.

I think a lot of people will like this. I use them and they do over perform for their PS.

The destructors seem a little op still. 

• Confused 1

You are improving the Nest? Are you guys out of your mind? If the nest comes back hard you are cheating yourselves. We are not playing that crap again. 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3