Can we have a Patrol without coward flyers?

Hi, General,
Calling people cowards is a bit strong! (plus I was a real soldier, lieutenant in real life) Today, I advise you to take an helicopter and go (easily as you think) to get our scores, do our fights and win. I think that at the first crossroads, you will get hit by a shell coming from nowhere and ask yourself "WTF, not so ez, boy! "
Of course it’s not that easy! Especially since the last update, no more small maps with quick fights. There, you come across any maps, some have impossible obstacles like on Îsland or Sinto, show us this imaginary ease which has nothing to do with bravery! Personally, I don’t camp and I go into battle with incinerators (were very lowered), hence my many MVPs. MudnBeer is a very good player, no wonder his score but today it would be more difficult!

En français : J’ai une pensée pour tous mes camarades militaires et pour tous les soldats du Monde dévoués à leur patrie, prêts à l’ultime sacrifice ! Take care

Nota : However, I don’t deny that some pilots camp in one place or take a few kills here and there. How many points do I lose (and forgive us) with these guys who smash targets

2 Likes

COWARDS?! Really… How about you try flying this non armored monstrosity into the heat of the battle at low level solely to stun the enemy while under fire so our brothers in arms can have a chance at eliminating the enemy. I find it simply amusing how we pilots are now the “cowards” .

3 Likes

Is that really 9000 Power Score? I already replied that I lowered my power score, and the problem was solved. Lower power score is a dogfight to get points. No cowards there.

1 Like

Hi, General,
I’m just above 10K, and I’m fighting with you on the ground who sometimes have 15K PS, even 18K and I have seen 20K before but very rarely, should I complain? My score remains the same, and many take “my” softened targets to score kills. Especially when I’m looking to make badges (not engineers) because many people don’t understand how the game works in terms of the points awarded! If you directly destroy an enemy you lose points, it’s easy to understand (and for me, badges)…

Crossoutly,

We’ve met before Wyle Coyote :wink:

I feel like I’m an idiot, but could you point out where Wyle Coyote is in that image? I can’t find him lol.

Because he’s not there and I’m calling on HIS memories. The image is mainly there to illustrate my level near mentioned and the levels of others, sometimes! But sorry, in my turn, reassure me, are you Wyle Coyote or is it really useful for you to insinuate yourself into my half-private, half-public conversation, simply addressing him alone? This is why you may feel stupid because you are not the one concerned, I owe you absolutely no explanation (although I will explain the reason for your dismay)…
Do you need him and can I leave him a message from you if I see him before you?

Crossoutly,

:thinking:Did I hear a summons from the crossout Ouija board? :ghost:

2 Likes

Surprised there isn’t a separate patrol for ground based only. But then devs do what devs do… (ignore the requests)

I think they wanted to make sure that people who don’t want to fight against aircraft have the option of ground-only battles, but since all the humans are on the same team in Patrol, they figured that they aren’t really competing against each other, and are supposed to be cooperating with each other and supporting their teammates.

Unfortunately, a lot of Crossout players seem to see their own teammates as enemies, especially in PVE.

3 Likes

um this!
which they should be doing in any mode :thinking:
'now missions /wires ect in heli mode is a different animal,(no one shoots the enemy heli) which kills them all… i don’t know why but it happens all the time… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Exactly, I do my best to be a “team player” Sadly some people seem to be purists when it comes to movement parts. We saw this with the anti hover b.s

1 Like

This especially true when the stupid Challenges say, Score over 750 points using X weapon, Destroy so many movement parts, weapons, or modules. Everyone is ramming their allies out of the way to steal parts and score from them. The challenges force players to be jerks.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s really a problem. I think we should all stop worrying about a teammate “stealing our points”.
The objective of the match is to do your best to help your team win. Best way to do that is to blow up all the enemies you can.
If a challenge makes people try a little harder, I’m not sure I see the problem. We should all be trying hard to kill the enemies all the time.

1 Like

But we play Patrol only to complete the challenges quickly. We are in a hurry for many reasons, but the biggest reason is the grind has increased exponentially from the time I installed the game during Open Beta and now. 5-minute Missions instead of the original 3 minutes could also be a factor. This hurriedness means we want to complete all the Challenges in 5 victorious Patrols so we can get back to farming Scrap, Wires and Batteries in PVP as quickly as possible because they have made the game a chore to earn a decent number of Rewards per week. The nature of the challenges pits Allies against one another, the desire to be done with the Challenges hurriedly, the fact that I have to modify my vehicle when I do not wish too, and just wanting to put your vehicle back the way it belongs and get back to PVP makes the whole experience aggravating before you even press battle. Then, you got guys ramming you off your target and you find yourself doing the same back to them after a few terrible Patrols. You are playing with a weapon you might despise like Machine Guns, to earn over 750 exp. against 8 bots, your allies block your guns, ram the enemy away while you are taking off the weapons or wheels or modules, or they kill the bot while you are stripping it. Then you play X number of Patrols instead of just five wanting to choke every human on the map to complete some stupid challenge that is just causing toxic game play. And the helicopters just hide while you die too! You cannot take 10 weapons off if you keep getting killed in first minute while everyone else hides! The challenges cause toxic gameplay, nuff said!

I do not agree with this statement. I am able to acquire new items at a much faster rate now than when I started playing the game.
Are you in a clan? I could see the grind being slower if you aren’t clearing any of the clan challenges. But you don’t need to belong to a very competitive clan to get those extra badges: mine is very casual, and only a handful of members even play CC. There’s a bunch of member that only play PVE.

Hi, Poony4u,
This unfortunately happens in many types of game modes. A sort of oversized ego which pushes one to be more stupid than “strong” and therefore to flatter one’s ego… How many points and especially games lost because everyone goes to SES kills without worrying about defending the base. Defending doesn’t bring you anything, and then there will be a devoted soul?! Personally, I’m tired of sticking to it especially since I’m in a helicopter most often on patrol…

Crossoutly,

SES = HIS (i’m french)

Hi, Poony4u,
It all depends on the league level reached by the clan. Afterwards, I partly share your opinion! But when you reach certain leagues, the engineer badges drop by the hundreds, sometimes 600 at once but you have to complete the objectives and that’s everyone’s business! But we can also play relaxed and have fun although in higher leagues we still have a good laugh. It depends on the character and the mood. I know clans where you must have a minimum of stuf or ratio, etc… I say that it is on the field that it is played out, no pun intended ^^

Crossoutly,

When they introduced the new clan system, I decided to make a clan. I figured I would probably only get a few people to join, but at least we would get some badges out of it and I could play some CC.
I set it as “open”, so anyone could join, and then started inviting random people I saw in matches. I advertise it as a casual clan, with no pressure to do anything in particular. From what I see, there are lots of clans like this.
Eventually it filled up enough that I started to kick people out who hadn’t played in a few weeks. They’re welcome to rejoin, but I figured it’s best to have active members.

It’s been working out fine for us, even if we have yet to pass the 40 000 point level.

But yes, many players get too focused on challenges or points, and don’t play with their team well. Same as in real life. And just like in real life, it’s up to each of us to make the most of any circumstance we find ourselves in.

If my teammates rush in, I can hang back and pick off the enemies that swarm them. Or I can join them in the rush, and hope we have enough numbers to plow through the opponents. Sometimes I don’t feel like playing with my team, and just focus on protecting and supporting allied bots. There are lots of options in any situation.
At the end of the day, you’re going to win some and you’re going to lose some. There’s not a big enough difference in reward to stress out about it.

I play Crossout to relax. If the game is stressing me out, it’s time to do something else, and maybe go out for a walk or listen to some music.

1 Like

RE, Poony4u,
We are also open to all suggestions but there are still certain filters. Attendance (a minimum or we warn, we can understand) for example… We are in the +90K when everyone is there mey. Currently, I do not have the game open, we are at 60K , you have to make the missing 30K. On the other hand, when the badges fall, in this example there are 1K badges…
Otherwise, I play with music, it’s serious Doctor ^^
In fact, you play in “chill” mode but with a spirit of performance nonetheless, at least. I’m like you, altruistic, that’s why it pisses us off assholes (désolé).
That’s what I said in another post, it’s also a question of maturity, of feeling…

Crossoutly,

I forgot one thing, you are absolutely right and I was talking about it yesterday with a friend about the reflection of personality when we see a person evolve in the game…
A Clan is a coalition, mutual aid, we cover each other, advice, playful life sometimes private, builds, in fact a real frienship… We do CW too…

1 Like