Why it's not easy to Balance this game

A game that gives the players this much freedom to build is gonna be very hard to balance. Could the balance be better? Yes, however… Targem seems to be a small company. I think the game’s business model is also a contributing factor to the game’s balance (or lack thereof.)

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Dear Madam/Sir, :wink:
I apologize for not paying more attention. Thank you for the reminder. After posting the original comment, I read the subsequent ones by muppet/you and realizing my mistake, decided to delete the whole thing, but somehow that didn’t work, maybe because a reply prevented it. It has now been edited accordingly. I wish you lots of success in Crossout. :sun_with_face:
Sincerely,
Omega616

This.
While at some point the balance issues may be lesser, true balance or anything close to it is impossible with this much creative freedom. Whatever they balance around, people will find ways around and above because of very little restrictions in building.
As long as they have learned the lesson and don’t keep making parts that play at different physics rules, or put areas where some can go but other’s can’t, it’s the best we can hope for.

2 Likes

Items can not be balanced because of play styles, and the human element of this game.

In games with per-built cars they can balance the speed, the armor, the damage and so on as a whole. So if they had a heavy cannon build in the game it might be your classic “slow with a ton of armor, high damage, long range tank” you see in many games instead of a “super fast, light weight, hover, with no armor.” (Just an example, not hating on hover cannon builds)

To me that is the beauty of this game though. If you think about it, it’s kind of like how the wasteland would be. You find some random trash out in the world and try to find the best way to kill your enemy with it.

One of the other big factors is the evaluation in building cars has been based on the physics of the Crossout world and not the real world. Which I’m sure produces many unexpected results that the dev team did not see coming.

The players building skills have been able to advance way faster in the last 7 years of the game then they could have in the same 7 years if all of this was real life. An engineer (in the game world) might be able to design what? Maybe 10/15 cars in a lifetime? Maybe less because they die a lot on the battlefield? Lol.

But players can design unlimited digital cars in a fraction of the time it would take a real Person to build one. And because of that the evolution of design “in game” has evolved hundreds if not thousands of years in game time.

When new things are introduced I do not think that the dev team can conceive all the ideas that thousands of people can come up with. (I’m Already thinking about the Co-driver system.)

3 Likes

Not everything I say has finite perimeters. Some things won’t cause a snowball affect, other things will cause unexpected snowball affects. As far as cockpit is concerned it will just be replaced by a different meta once its nerfed enough and a new meta will arise in Levi wars where people like you will cry real hard about it needing a nerf. Change one thing and another op meta will shuffle to the top. For Levi wars it would need to balance parts separate from regular cw and PvP. Cockpit is a perfect example of that.

I think that cockpit really made it easier for more people to have a reasonably competitive build. If you did not have this, it would be biggest most expensive inventory wining.

Now, cockpit, 2 Yongwangs, blue boosters and white modules ready to go. Or 2 Retchers, fidgets, Destructors and couple whirls not too bad either. These would not be top tier but with teamwork could win games at lower leagues.

Balancing levis really i do not see possible unless you took the building element out and had to run pre-made builds which would not be fun.

1 Like

I never changed my mind about anything in this thread. You just made assumptions.