A few Support module/weapon ideas

There’s real versions that use spray foam to put out fires in and around vehicles. That they could kind of copy from for that.

4 Likes

Completely opposed to the MCS. no repair drones, no controllable fuzes, and no WOWS carrier mode in XO w/ effective and automated weapons that don’t require exposing oneself to deal damage.
I also object to the water cannon because its a support weapon that entirely counters main weapons such as the fortune and porc. The Spark and Flash already do this and I think that’s garbage. Also just why water. Dry chemical? Gel? Foam? A vehicle in XO cant possibly carry that amount of water, its completely beyond my ability to suspend disbelief. Also requiring explosive ammo packs seems odd.

Tbh I’d rather Targem just nerf the damage bonus from heated parts and they made being heated a more subtle glow/change of vehicle color to a blueish tempered steel look. Heat bonus damage is just too much to not be something OP, hence Trombone meta. I liked the days where stat buffs were just subtle 5-10% here and there, not a whopping 100% increase.

1 Like

I agree the heat buff is really to high as well but I also think that it could be worked out differently than a straight out percentage reduction nerf. As in they could extend the time required to heat and extend the time to cool. i.e. adjusting the drive though time to where it requires you to sit longer in an active fire pool or direct flame for the same effect.

1 Like

The cooling heat fire is a cool idea with water cannon, I think it has to be balanced properly though.

Same with the shield drone, though I doubt it would take long before anyones shoots it off; the thing with existing drones like the yaoguai and vulture is that theyre a bit hard to see sometimes as with this shield drone it would literally be a worse barrier IX that required to be shot to be destroyed instead of melee/ram into it. On top of popping off like nova shield with 600 dmg, with these two reason I think it wouldn’t really be that useful and more gimmicky than anything.

PSS: A better version of the griffon’s cab perk and verifier? If so, would have to be WAY better to cost one energy.

MCS: Interesting, but I feel being able to command them on the map directly is a bit OP. Maybe with some kind of limit cause people would surely abuse it like hell.

I totally disagree with the repair drone possibly damaging allies, let alone for really low odds of it hapenning, people already get pushed over, flipped, rammed into when using limited fire angle weapons, etc. the last thing we want is put more oil on this already toxic fire that is eating the game from the inside by making the allies pay for one’s droner mistake; trust me, you wouldn’t want to be that droner. I do like the rest of the repair drone idea though, just to be balanced properly.

Wheel lock thing: Not really eager on that one, we already have kapkans that you could shot off or circle around and break by just pulling with heavy cab builds and even with that, the devs had to nerf them with a timer (years later though) and with that nerf are still somewhat OP. Wheel lock would not only stop you but would throw you off left or right worse than a flat tire and/or make you pivot around the locked wheel. I don’t think the 15 seconds would help much to nerf this as you can pivot around in a literal instant. I do like that it spares tracks and augers though, add legs to it as well, as for just slowing down the vehicle, we already have jubboku for that. Id maybe scrap that idea and just implement its functionning and slow movement parts being spared on the existing kapkan and jubboku, I don’t think we need another item for that purpose.

1 Like

Perhaps instead, have the kapkan and jubboku being more OP toward light cab/builds and maybe medium as well but be even less effective on heavy cab/builds.

Some really good points there, as for the MCS yeah it needs a nerf in the idea, maybe you can only directly control one drone at a time similar to the tow, and require drone modules to deploy drones. This would mean its drones would have to be their own weapons though .

2 Likes

Well the MCS seems really broad in its use and how it can be tweaked for it to be more balanced,
Ex:
-Have the map targetting be in an area/quadrant instead of a precise spot.
-Limit the duration of the drone dura, lifetime, damage, etc

Yes, only one at a time coud work but I feel like it would kinda kill the uniqueness of the weapon, and making it too similar to other drones. Another thing is that it might suffer the same issue as the TOW missile, maps being too small and games too fast to not get sneaked upon and killed in seconds while you’re busy playing with drones somewhere else lol.

2 Likes

Hmm yeah an area order would be nice and allow to to function as a good defensive or offensive item while allowing you to move around.

2 Likes

got a few more support module ideas.

BOX OF SPARE PARTS
Some times you need a spare tire or 3 and a new frame or two, this micro factory has those and the ability to replace lost wheels and frames to bad it only has enough parts to do this onc.e

Perk: can replace any wheel class movement part that is destroyed as well as any frames.

Stats
energy cost: 1
ammo: 1
module size: 4x4x4
HP: 250
effect: replaces up to 4 wheels, and 6 frames of any type that where destroyed.

Fuel collection drone

caligari has released the plans for these to the wastelands, Fuel collection drones are modified fuzes that instead of exploding distribute fuel. Grants 5 fuel to all allies (but not user) on a win similar to fuel tanks.

Effects
rarity: special
Size: same as other drone modules
fuel grant: 5 to all allies
explosive damage: 200
explosive radius: 7m

perk: grants all allies fuel at the end of the mission if you win.

gameplay: upto 7 drones will drive to allies during the count down, if team wins every surviving member gets 5 fuel (doesn’t stack with small fuel tank but does with the medium)

Down side: like all fuel items it is explosive.

2 Likes

I would want more no damage/minimal damage support weapons that don’t cost much energy, (Trombone being an example of this type of weapon) like for example a 2 energy small gun (think Corvo size) that functions just like a Median and the perk being if you hit an enemy cabin with it it’ll disable the minimap/map for X amount of time for that player