I’m exhausted, i spent an afternoon building a new SG build, all started with wanted to do something with thunderbolts (for the second time) to see if i can make them work, so i thought let’s make a good old wedgy.
I went to see the exhibition and i found this, i tried and i liked very much, very responsive, small turn circle and almost impossible to flip it.
I would like to be as close as possible from the original design.
(just for exercise)
My goal are :
to acquire new forms of building and bring that to my upcoming projects if possible, i’m working on a build with brand new moving part for me, i want to be as tanky as possible but i have to make a new approach to it.
Since i can’t make thunderbolts work on my bricks , i want to see if i can make them work on something else.
I have to buy more parking places to be able to do that, as is i can’t do none of that, i exit the garage mess with some bot and let it to do damage to see what’s falling off.
I just filter by durability and start from the top .
I tweak a lot, entire sections if needed, but past a certain point , they mature, others have an entire change of nature my drone build started it’s life as a Nest build e.g.
Yesterday i was building a leviathan but a thing called energy overload (never heard that before) made me quit, but what i did will be the new front of the build i’m working on. e.g.
Not exactly a wedge build in the traditional sense (despite it wedges like a boss).
and not exactly one of my bricks.
It is very susceptible to drop speed and power when wedging a bot
I will test it tomorrow.
But most probably, i will maxed it out in weight and tonnage to be able to plow through builds easy.
I must to admit, i failed big time trying to follow that wedge design.
In the garage it turns nice, it accelerates nice , it is very stable.
the master design also have BFs
But from the get-go, there’s a world of difference.
1 - i started with 12 pins across in the back section, the wedge i’m following has the equivalent of 8 pins.
2 - In the back the original design only has Bfs doubling as side armour and as moving part. Mine has 3 layers of side armour .
3 - In the back, the original design has only 2 frames, Mine and after cutting down the number of frames, it has double the number of frames
4 . the original design is housing the engine where in mine, there are 3 shivers there.