"Adapted" maps Sector EX

So basically rather than “adapting” the map, they made a whole new map, so old Sector EX no longer exists. I might be the few rare people who liked this map, and now it’s gone too, replaced with something else. It’s not the most botched up job though, but still. I already felt negatively about heli mode to begin with, and now there’s 1 less map I like, because of the helis. And it continues the trend of new map being not as great as the old one imo with unnecessary (heli) changes.

Don’t know if any of the other maps on the list of adapted ones have any major changes, Volcano looked normal and have not really ran into the other ones yet.

Sector Ex has been drastically reworked? That’s exciting!
Looking forward to seeing what they’ve done to my least favourite map.

I really wish they would add the aircraft-only maps to the normal PVP rotation. No reason they should be aircraft only.

Most of the changes done to it can be summarized as taking the map, putting it into mspaint, grabbing the side and then stretching it a little wider, basically most they’ve done is make all the corridors a little wides, and removed walls and ceilings to the point that instead of being a unique map it just now plays out like every other map, and they slapped the normal sand color/yellowish concrete color scheme from every map ever onto it

Got to play the new version a few times this week, and I feel like it was a big improvement.
There was way too much roof before, and too many narrow passages.
I don’t love how bright it feels now, but it plays a lot better now.

There’s just a lot more potential strategies available now, and there aren’t so many weapons that are next to useless on it anymore.

I personally haven’t had that much success using a gyro on that map. Its a new challenge for us all no matter what movement part we prefer. Lots of iron work to drive rotor blades into crashing so ground base vehicles can take advantage of the carnage. Not to forget areas ground based movement can still hide under. New Challenge for us all. Relish the content!

1 Like