Anyone here play on steam deck?

The game constantly freezes randomly it’s annoying as hell

wether it’s on desktop mode or big picture mode

1 Like

Don’t have one but there’s some basic stuff to try though:
https://thedroidguy.com/steam-deck-freezing-issue-1235880

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I have considered getting one to play while I am traveling which I do quite a bit of. Recently bought some Nreal Air AR glasses. The combo of a steam deck and those make it seem like a great traveling gaming solution.

FWIW, I’m getting very close to talking myself into buying one. They’re currently on sale… 10% off, I think.
I use my YouTube money for “toys…” and this would def be a toy.

The vast majority of my game play is on CrossOut, though. I need to hear more about other people’s XO/SteamDeck experience first, though. I’m also a mouse/keyboard player & want to see how that works, too. I have a decent portable gaming pad & mouse I use with my laptop.

I just wish there was more info out there about it all…

my buddy uses one on his hotspot at work while waiting for the next trailer he needs to move… he bought the base model and upgraded the storage himself , never heard a complaint

1 Like

Does your buddy play CrossOut on it?

yea , he also uses it to play games streamed from his desktop

1 Like

Can you ask him what steamplay compatibility tool did he enabled for the game ?

Latest version of steamOS ?

And did he play in game mode or desktop mode ?

With keyboard & mouse ?

Steamdeck is just a real gamin pc in a portable device form , keyboard & mouse work just like on normal pc

And you can just plug it in any monitor and use it just like normal desktop pc

1 Like

he just told me to send this link https://www.protondb.com/app/386180

and said Proton ge 7-45

run command sudo pacman -S protonup-qt

1 Like

Wooo okay thanks for your help

1 Like

God it’s still happening lol
Just freeze up randomly then crash
I wish Crossout can work normally like any other games out there

thats weird , how soon does it crash after launch

its random , sometime instant freeze up and crash upon I entered the game , sometime it can last up to 15-25 mins before freeze up and crash

in fact it get even worse when using Proton ge 7-45

you sure nothing happening with your friend steam deck game play session of this game ??

not as far as i know or from what hes told me , weve partied up while he was using it and ran a few matches , had the normal bit of lag youd expect from a hotspot but thats a bout it

1 Like

Yup still freezing and crash
This time it lasted one match

thats rough , im not sure what would be different between his and yours , you could try putting windows on it as a last resort until they sort out stability issues

you could even set it up to dual boot and upgrade it to 1tb for 100$ for ultimate compatibility M.2 SSD NVMe 2230 for Steam Deck Surface Pro Dell HP Laptop Ultrabook Tablet 1TB | eBay

depending on your skill level

1 Like

I could have play the game flawlessly on GeForce now but Gaijin just had to block it in asia region
Jesus … so lame

1 Like

Have you tried to use a VPN and just switch it to a supported country?

Edit slightly more info: A while ago they ran a crossout pack for using their network so I know the game itself isn’t blocked so you should be able to go around any region locks that could be from other sources.

2 Likes

FWIW,
I’m following this, just not commenting because I’m here to learn.

My YouTube money pays for toys, and that’s been on a severe upswing, so I’ll probably buy one either way.

Thanks for the info… Hopefully I’ll have more to add when I finally buy mine.

1 Like