Before I go

Producers & Developers, I have a metaphor for you to ponder. I consider myself the frog whom is jumping out almost too late. Taking the loss in my virtual property. Enjoy this read It speaks wise words to the clients whom understand this & this game. GLHF

Boiling frog

Metaphor for the inability of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually

Boiling frog -

The boiling frog is an apologue describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death.

1 Like

I wonder if the experiment would actually work with people. Ethics aside of course.

1 Like

Have you heard about the experiments where everybody is a paid actor except the test subject? Things like “which line is the longest”, and everybody points at the very obviously shortest line, and more than 1 out of 2 test subject will change his answer to align with the group rather than the undeniable, observable reality?

Imagining that I could be in the sheep’ group is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night :sob:

3 Likes

Our dumb playerbase do that on Crossout all the time though… all claim to know something that is just plain wrong and they just mob mentality back each other up…

Just because a lot of people say something doesn’t always make it right. The issue is that when enough people think the wrong is right then the wrong may as well be “right” as speaking out becomes impossible. Never underestimate dumb people in large groups… it’s how we get cults.

2 Likes

Yes Sir, In a sense perhaps may have or have not realized it quite yet. But others see what’s up and haven’t any rose colored glasses. That’s as far as I go with it. GLHF !

1 Like

Wasn’t it that about 70% of people will change their answers? If so, we’re more likely to be followers. No one ever thinks it will be them, or that it will happen to them.

1 Like

yeah, it was a big majority. And I totally can imagine myself being in the dumb majority :sob:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like to think about it either.

I think it is an survival mechanism though.