Buff Buggy wheels

What parts of “light” wheel did you not get? Probably the same parts than whoever gave 'em that mass :face_with_monocle:

Compare light wheel with medium wheel? And then also compare with Hermit? Hermit is an obvious outlier, as has already been mentioned. And weight, I think, is related to durability. If you compare Buggy wheel with other lightwheels the mass of 116 is not so strange at all.
Buggy wheel is not so bad at all, they are easier to protect then most wheels, because they are small. Only judging on stats without having ever used them yourself is not such a good way to start a discussion about this.

1 Like

Rare heavy wheel: 300 mass
Epic heavy wheel: 280 mass

Common medium wheel: 140 mass
Epic medium wheel: 110 mass

Common light wheel: 40 mass
Epic light wheel: 116 mass :crazy_face:

By every metric, they are bad. Less flat tonnage means more movement parts and frames to go with it, and dura/PS, tonnage/PS, and tonnage/mass are garbage. In PvP, I definitely see more Claws on non-energy weapon builds than I see Buggy wheels lol.
Worst thing is, they actually have a vague CW use, because it’s still an upgrade over te Camber wheels KTMs used before…

2 Likes

Every metric? Buggy wheel compares very nicely to other lightwheels as epic vs other tiers. Advantages or disadvantages of light wheels compared to medium and heavy wheels is another discussion. Buggy wheels perk is one of the better wheel perks in XO, they look good, also not unimportant for many players. The fact that you don’t understand why they are used in some CW builds again indicates that you are only looking at certain stats and not seeing the whole picture.

It is not just about their weight that matters. Their perk is fantastic but only if you use weapons that compliment it. Can you think of anything that has speed requirements and then lower it to be useful? Its fine the way it is and yes, i use them as much as hermits.

I actually think small tracks are more of an issue as they have been nurfed into the ground. They have a HUGE turning circle and if you lose one, you do this death spin that just sucks.

There are 5 stats to wheels you know, its not all about mass and power score,
They also have durability, tonnage, and cabin power draw.

Exactly my point…people comparing them to hermits but their perk is so much better.

Did you repost your comment from 2 days ago, that you deleted after I answered it? ^_-

yes i did, this is a nicer version i deleted the mean version :wink:

1 Like

I use both a lot, and I feel like hermit’s perk is comparable.
Both are useful, but it doesn’t make sense that buggy wheels are so heavy.

1 Like

Buggy wheels STILL need a buff. I understand their mass was recently lowered but they still lag behind other epic wheels.

Suggested changes:

Either increase tonnage or lower power consumption

Experiment with giving them a lower profile. That may be counter productive but it is worth trying out for the only small epic wheel.

Make it where only 6 wheels are required for max perk benefit. The claw only requires 4, so there is precedence.

I thought the buggy wheel perk was based on the proportion of total wheels, meaning four is the same as six, as long as there are no other wheels in the mix?

I’m happy with the recent buff, but I was already using them a lot before. I really like how they help out Seals and Oppressor. I like how they look too.

Sure. Buff’em. I like’m, but I think the power-score is silly (too high).

You understand correctly…but with the tonnage being so low, for higher end builds, it takes way too many to max out. I suggested treating them like a claw, where only a select amount (I suggested 6, vice 4 like claw) is required for max perk.

I wouldn’t like that, as four is usually enough to max out the tonnage on light builds that benefit most from them. I use six on a few builds, but have yet to need more.

I feel like heavier builds that want to use the perk should just throw on a couple Bigfoots at the back, and let the rest of us enjoy what four can do for our small compact builds.

I’d rather they buff the power drain, so people like you could use lots of them without sucking away too much power.

1 Like

Buggy wheels need a mass decrease, as for their ps, always the “lighter” parts had higher ps than the heavier ones, so the ps diff is fine.

i like them, decent tonnage, light and not heavy in power consumption.
the only thing that prevented me for use them was the high PS.
I will go further that that it will become a must in my heavy builds.
I still use the hermits but on a heavy build their perk never goes active, and i need more than 6 wheels.
So, sounds fine by me.

Hmm… I use buggy wheels quite extensively, because I understand how they work, their hitbox advantages, etc.

I wouldn’t complain of them having lower weight or slightly less power draw, but the idea that they’re crap or “need a new perk” is an ‘interesting’ set of takes.

Editing to add: Which is to say I -very much- like the perk… wish it had a slightly broader band to it RE: it increasing the -top- speed where coolers lose the bonus, but like it overall.

1 Like

Buggy wheels just suck.