Buff the special cabs

Because the special rarity was added into the game at a point where rares were not expensive and epics were similarly easily reachable. For a new player starting out now, they’re far more useful because epic cabins are farther away and their slowly increasing needs will likely be hitting the limits of a rare cabin.

For the vast majority of veteran players, the special cabins are useless because we have epics that completely overshadow the specials.

This is true, but just because vets like me have everything does not mean that special cabins should be useless for the guys that will use them.

This is something that wouldn’t even effect a vet player. So just let the low guys have a conversation for once. They are just dreaming of something that most likely will not happen anyways. And even if it did, who cares, it’s not going to ruin everything.

2 Likes

They aren’t. As a transition cabin or for situational usage they are useful. That’s their niche.

The problem is that it very well could in a few ways. Lets look at the bat, the base bat has 500 extra mass limit over the growl for 6500. The base werewolf has 8000. Buff the bat to lets 7500 and now it’s only 500 mass limit less than the werewolf with 15 more HP from the cabin and the same weight. The only difference between them is 500 PS, a mere 100 tonnage, and a point of energy now.

The pilgrim is even closer to being a perkless photon. The jawbreaker less so but still close to the being a perkless humpback.

Crossout users not getting how powerfull a singular energy point can be, part 786

Unless that point of energy allows you to use an engine and you were going without one prior or you gained a similar boost like a radar detector, that’s not a massive increase in capability of that build. A point of energy can be very powerful but it doesn’t change everything all on it’s own.

I totally agree with you , but i would go in another direction.
I used to use Jawbreaker and Bat and they were good, better than the Growl if you ask me.
But then they were downgraded to Specials.
So, i would nerf them, to a rare medium cabins and doing exactly that it would be a buff

As it is special cabins have higher PS for no actual gain.
I tried to use Bat and it just doesnt have the power grow one expects. It is basically just higher PS Growl in all that matters. It doesnt feel more powerful because it accelerates like unprofessionally resurrected cow.

+1 energy to Epic is worth A LOT - especially because of 3 point energy Gens being difficult to use.
11+2 (Growl + Ampere) allows for 12 energy (3x4 in any combination) and supporting module.
Having 12 would allow for a great choice of either no Gen or additional Doppler or Engine.
But then Perk advantage of Epic becomes questionable - a lot of wepons dont have that much of meta advantage, so Adapters and AC e.g. would easily shift down a PS tier if Bat had 12 energy.

In general - becuase of the way it sbalanced 12+4 is max build (e.g. 3x5 wepons+1 support) so increasing enery of Special would rather attack Epics than rares.
I agree that special need a perk and stat boost, but not for energy. Perk that specifically boosts rare/special weapons would be nice as well - to revigorate low-mid PS.

They need to have perks, not as strong perks as Epic cabs but perks none the less. Then there would be a reason to use them. Give them baby versions of the perks some epic cabs have

3 Likes

I use the Gasgen since almost forever now.
I see a lot of advantages using it.
Much smaller and much lighter than Apollo and Bootstrap with almost half of Apollos’s PS (that extra energy point costs around 730 PS, just to put in perspective, it’s almost like having dual Gasgen or Bootstraps, that’s would be the price of 6 points of energy but you get only 4)
Now Gasgen may have a puny HP pool of 36, but in the end and with all things putted in place it can rival either one in durability (if the cabin is the heart of one build, then the gasgen it’s the Aorta, if you build that way, then it can rival the others in durability).
It’s way easier to conceal it and way lighter than the others in a medium and heavy build.
My personal Gasgen must have around a thousand HP surrounding it (heavy build) and hundreds of HP in my medium builds.
At the beginning one might find it strange but one will find ways to buried it further and further in the build until it’s ok.
And tops all the remaining others in energy output.
I understand why, but people underestimate that piece of equipment.

I used gasgen for a long time, but I never use it now that bootstrap exists.
The extra vehicle HP you can get from using gasgen is cancelled out by how easily it blows up from heat and explosive attacks. Too many incinerator and porc players make gasgen a dangerous choice.
Bootstrap fits nicely under and behind any cabin, and it helps keep me in that 8-10kPS sweet spot that I enjoy the most.

Against porcs or retchers there’s really nothing much a person can do :slightly_smiling_face:
(insert old man with the red sweater here)
Incinerators can be a menace to a medium SG build, there are a opportunistic bunch, always ready to happily “stab you in the back”.
Now with a heavy build that role falls down to Mandrakes, i’ve been in battles where my entire back consist in a skeleton structure composed by frames and two massive plows. (direct hit)
Incinerators kind disappears at the distance cause with a heavy build i don’t do compromises in the armour department i can stay in a pool of fire for much longer.
But until the devs brings naval armour grade into the game …(red sweater old man here again).
127 mm can be the king in here but in another places they are just as puny as a pea shooter.
Hey, Yamato (the biggest and most powerful Battleship in history) used to be the king with his 460 mm guns, no longer is, the king is dead, long live the king Shikishima with his 510 mm. (the later never existed).
Cue the USS BB-60 music. (BB stands for Best Buy ever)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama - YouTube

Yeah, that’s right, my “Bama” is currently in development.

The problem is that armour doesn’t protect your generator from fire puddle damage, meaning you can barely spend any time in a puddle before you go boom.

1 Like

that i don’t know… the way i see it
the problem isn’t armour, the problem is cabin sizes and weights limitations
Most of medium cabins are smaller than the gasgen, so we can’t mount it upright, most of the cases, if not all, there’s always a square or more (depending of the cabin) exposed. And the optimal it’s mounting the gen far from centre mass (where’s most people tend to aim) if a person can’t conceal it behind the cabin . the same goes if a person tries to mount it horizontally width wise, most of the times the gen sticks out at both sides.
So what a person can do?
It can mount really low at the ground in a laid down position, but that can leave it more or less exposed also due to compromises a person have to do cause tonnage and mass limit restrictions.
In Many heavy cabins that problem simply doesn’t exist, you can mount it in such a compact way that’s easier to armour it all around .
In my case i have Plows, Plows, Plows, Plows and Plows plus the cabin protecting it, at the sides because my design is compact it’s easier to put more layers of armour, and at the back i got more plows, and armour, the engine, modules and so on.
I think it’s well protected against conventional weapons.
Even the frames are sturdier and with all that stuff i can put extra armour in the undercarriage.
My heavy build as is it’s good against the same types of build that my medium build was.
Cannons, dogs, melee and much more resilient against pools of fire.
While in my medium build was like G.T.F.O.H. and i had just enough armour to do exactly that with no major damage. In my heavy build (which is much slower to respond) it’s more keep calm and carry on. In both cases i have to stop what i’m doing and start moving.
Man, if you one day manage to pop my gen with conventional weapons (no retchers, scorps and whatnot), you deserve it, cause that means you pierced through everything i threw at you.
Just to be clear, i’m not bragging how good my build is and stuff, because ships happens. I’m only saying i put what i can between the Gen and incoming fire