Changes in the mechanics of projectile damage

I can’t wait to try this potential change. It’s going to be interesting lining up shots to deal with overpenetration.

Side note - CW Prima donna tears are so delicious

3 Likes

Immediate bullet damage and pure explosive damage still do not deal damage beyond 7 tiles

2 Likes

I do really like that they are making these changes.

But I’m going to have to disagree that this will make so-called “beautiful” cars equal to meta.

This new system will just make a different set of rules to build around. Non of these rules are like real life, so the cars might not look exactly like they are now, but they will look whatever the new set of rules make them look like.

Meta armor will still be meta armor, because the meta is always changing. Once we figure out how to take advantage of all the new mechanics, then new non-real world designs will form.

One of the things my design company does is draft items for production at factories. It’s not like these things are being figured out by kids playing games.

4 Likes

Absolutely true. I’ve tested that every single weapon in the game cannot deal damage past 7 tiles through air after registering a hit. This applies from blockchains, through machine guns and shotguns up to scorpions, cannons, and explosions themselves. Hence why CW spaced armor hovers are as durable as spiders when they spam gun mounts, elbows, and frames. All the ‘crybaby-ing’ in general chat and on the forums paid off lmao.

1 Like

Avalanche has 540ish points of bullet damage then a huge explosion. If this goes through Avalanche may be the best gun in the game.

I agree with looking at it like this. Meta is just the cream of the crop, the best workable exploits will still settle at the top regardless of the changes.

I had suggested a similar rework about 11 days ago but the idea behind it was not to kill off spaced armor but to allow cannons not to be cheated out of the damage they deserve to do. For all I know they could have had 50 similar suggestions.

There’s very little difference in the principle workings of what I suggested and what is being tested. If it works correctly it should allow for a projectile to act as a real projectile should. I don’t see it as something that will if properly introduced will destroy spaced armor but only erode a small bit of it’s over efficiency.

The new mechanics should allow for two new conditional happenings to take place such as shooting a player sitting directly next to a spaced armor build in cases of over penetration, as well as aiming for internals on both spaced armor build as well as a bunkered weapon builds which was completely wasted potential in the old cannon system. Both of these are good for the game as weapon dynamics and principles should be consistent across the entire game.

The change also opens the door to reworking fused explosive rounds as well as a lot of other simulated cannon shell characteristics that I think that will be good for the game over all. It also increases the skill ceiling for cannon users too, now it will not just be about simply landing the hit but setting the projectile on a good trajectory path through the targets armor.

1 Like

denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance

3 Likes

True, but they suffer the most from not being able to penetrate spaced armour. Missiles and grenade launchers have more projectiles hitting in a row, so they cut through spaced armour much better than cannons.
In my testing, cannons performed the worst against pass-through parts, to the point where double digit damage from a full volley at buggy frames and gun mounts is normal.

2 Likes

You’ve said that before about blockchains, and I posted a video showing them clearly cutting through a wall of pass-through parts mounted 8 blocks in front of a cabin. True, the pass-through parts blocked a lot of the damage, but some still makes it through. Plus, the first volley evaporates all the pass-through parts, so the next volley is pure damage.

Exactly what occurred to me after pondering this. Even if you don’t use canons, this will improve the game… If for nothing else, just in better looking cars.

This is true, but there will be fewer spaces armor builds, so it’ll still benefit all the other weapons, too.

Even if spaced armor survives, it can’t be like it is now. They’ll have to use heavier parts in that spaced armor, so there will be less of it… Fewer layers.

It’ll be fun to see what the player base comes up with over time… And it’ll take a little time for it to get sorted.

2 Likes

Space a passthrough part 7 blocks in front of a cab and shoot it with one blockchain. The damage beam will not reach the cabin through that passthrough part. You are using brute force to destroy all the structure so at least one beam has a clear path to cab, not piercing 7 blocks of air with a single beam. ‘Screen’ armor still works against blockchains, it just has less overall health so it can’t stop shot after shot like it does with everything else.

Did you test this in the new system?

no, I have not. Poony is referring to a pre test server video.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get on tomorrow if possible and want to take a look at it. I think it should work though for a start.

A single volley from three blockchains can hit a cabin through a wall of every single pass-through part with 8 blocks of space behind. I’ve posted the video, and you can try it yourself. Yes, it’s hitting the cabin because it vaporizes the pass-through parts, but it’s still beating that limit in a single volley. Cannons can’t do that.

Devs say they dont make bias decisions. But if i typed that mods would ban me imediately. I bet they never give cleberman a ban for saying sht. But i will. Watch.

I don’t think they are that petty…

Theyve done it to me many times before. Ive been banned for saying something in a thread and other people who swore were left untouched. So yes. They are that petty.

I went for three years without a ban in game chat or on forums. Now that ive made mods mad they are just being petty yes.

At one point niconight or whatever his name is would frequently visit my profile page scouting for a reason to ban me going out of his way. It would show every time he visited my page. And it was often.

I can’t say it hasn’t happened in the past but I have no evidence of it really happening. All I have is bits of proofs normally from both picking at each other. I can’t say anything past that.

It has been my experience that casual players are the first to defend broken game mechanics because they depend on them to mask lack of skill and knowledge of game mechanics outside of their exhibition download.

I do not understand how one could think regular posters on a forum do not understand game mechanics. I mean, we discuss them all the time. Constantly.

I also do not understand the thinking behind “If I throw a random insulting post behind my very first post
the people on the forum, moderators and Developers will really take me serious.”
It had the opposite effect on me.

3 Likes