Changes in the mechanics of projectile damage

I can’t say it hasn’t happened in the past but I have no evidence of it really happening. All I have is bits of proofs normally from both picking at each other. I can’t say anything past that.

It has been my experience that casual players are the first to defend broken game mechanics because they depend on them to mask lack of skill and knowledge of game mechanics outside of their exhibition download.

I do not understand how one could think regular posters on a forum do not understand game mechanics. I mean, we discuss them all the time. Constantly.

I also do not understand the thinking behind “If I throw a random insulting post behind my very first post
the people on the forum, moderators and Developers will really take me serious.”
It had the opposite effect on me.

3 Likes

Cause cw earns more…

1 Like

Another cannon meta shitstorm incoming… for real devs… for real…?

1 Like

And the cycle is reborn…

1 Like

Well ya theres no proof. Mods deleted it all.

But i respect you not taking here say as evidence. Takeing someones word about anothers charector is a poor way to be. Ive always believed its important to not judge a person by what someone else thinks of them.

1 Like

Bruh are you having a stroke? I know typing has never been your forte, but I’m worried now.

DW I got banned plenty enough. The difference is that I’m not going to be a crybaby about it because I have the self-awareness to realize when I’m an obnoxious a-hole and when I’m not.

“At one point niconight or whatever his name is would frequently visit my profile page scouting for a reason to ban me going out of his way. It would show every time he visited my page. And it was often.”
Imagine moderators checking on users who have been banned, doing their job. Crazy.

Very very good change DEVs.

It will fix broken screen hover META where 80% players in CWs/late PS play hovers(or just anti-hover dogs) since its too easy and too OP.

edit: also i would like to know, how resistance is calculated due to “projectile pass through armor parts”?
lets say there are 3 parts, where middle one have 30% resistance. How it will/was work for formula in description?

1 Like

Is this what you’re going through?

I have non of these since my statement is true.

I’m not sure what you even mean.

Yup, i read what you wrote. its very accurate.

For example, spaced armor could still be viable, because you can decide where “explosion” will appear in most cases. The bolded word is keyword why it might be still viable.

Similar about other things. 5hp Grills should not make some shots useless. It was just broken, while they still can be used to improve armor quality.

New hover builds i belive will use similar build strategy, but probably more bumpers(or hvy armor parts) in frontal, not like now, in back of armoring to just let Grills(or light parts) tank scorps or “not hit-scan(raytracing)” weapons where this weapons were very weak against the screen builds (well, not just hovers, many other builds were using it)

1 Like

Correct.

Crossout is not the real world and whatever set of rules they give us we will figure the best way to set things up for the maximum advantage. And this new style will just be the next thing people complain about.

3 Likes

People will always complain.

The question is, if new style will give so much advantage as old one. If not, then its progress.

2 Likes

100% this.

We can only hope.

2 Likes

I like the new change. Without knowing the details, I say it sounds more realistic than what we previously had, which in turn should make vehicules look a bit less ugly. Spaced armor is not going away, even if just for those weapons which are mostly explosive with no pen (most of these are in a bad shape rn, but at least Forts and Porcs are usable), but the stupid “place a grille every 8 blocks in front of your hover” armor and other “14 dura anti-scorp side panels” designs will probably have to change.

edit: oh, and the light frame pancake thing. God I hate that one :expressionless: It looks disgusting, and it only counters wheels and tracks which are already bottom tier these days.

5 Likes

hey, whats this goal post doing over here!? yess, thats right, just a little further, little more, yesss, that got it!

this is where youre dead wrong, mon amis! maybe they dont read your posts because YOUR so toxic and unimportant!

but everyone says obsidianfang personally designed a handful of brawls and packs himself which they then took and implemented. the same with tenshin, many of his ideas made it straight into the game, everybody knows it. and lets not forget rough monkey, his op builds in the exhibition, everybody knows about them btw., are what the devs are checking out after every update to see where balancing is needed.

am i maybe spotting a hint of an ego problem on your side here? are you struggling to accept were but mere commoners walking among truly extraordinary people on this board? i for one am just humbled by their shear presence, their wisdom is our blessing!

exactly! this must be the very same cyberbullying ive found myself the victim of oh so many times!
i never got banned though, probably because im just a small fish, but youre way up there so its highly likely they monitor you spefically because they know if you get the word out the masses start moving. also, i like how you dared them to ban you, its gonna happen any moment now im sure.

1 Like

I can see why you might argue that I’m moving the goalpost on that, but I would argue he was splitting hairs.
The original claim was that nothing gets through a wall of pass through and eight blocks of space. While it’s true that blockchains likely follow the 8 block rule, in practice they don’t, as their perk allows them to melt pass through parts so effectively that you can’t actually protect anything with it. If one volley manages to hit the cabin, the pass-through isn’t stopping it.

And just to be clear, the reason why I’m being picky about this is because he repeatedly likes to claim that spaced armour is OP against every type of weapon. This just isn’t true, and it’s easy to show in testing. Cannons suffer against pass through armour far more than pretty much any other weapon, while many weapons chew through it quite efficiently in comparison. Blockchains are just the most extreme example that I’ve found.

Anyway, hopeful the change goes through, as I would love to see more weapon diversity and more build diversity.

2 Likes

@mupppet42069 Truth is, I was 7yo playing with my LEGOs making cars with guns when I thought “hey someone should make a building car game and put wheels and guns and… other things in it”. The whole game is my idea, and no one will ever prove me wrong. Little did I know someone would interpret “other things” as “stupidly broken hovers that play like every other boring non-vehicular shooter”.

Also I suggested that SturmTiger howitzer like dozens other people because it was obvious, so give me credits for that too :triumph: . Now I’m waiting for my Panzer II Tempest skin. They can’t have ignored my request to have a Pz II turret special Whirl, it can’t be… right?

2 Likes

I sooooo want a CK for Stillwinds that turn them into Bradley turrets. Or the “terminator” double turret if you equip two.

1 Like

Thank you Clebardman! Your my favorite game developer!

Not sure what Muppets agenda is, but I think this person only comes here to start stuff.

On a side note: There are no original ideas anymore, if anyone thinks they came up with anything then they look on the internet, 20 people already thought of it.

4 Likes

I love it when they mix things up.

Even if it breaks the game I have fun building new cars.

Other people get bent out of shape, this kind of thing is what keeps me going.

3 Likes