Changes to armored aircraft behavior
For two weeks now we have been conquering the skies in the “Sky Raiders” update, and such an important mechanic as flight has certainly caused questions and raised different opinions. Many of you suggested your options for its improvement: both in our social media and through the game suggestions form.
Today we would like to present the design, adjusted according to your feedback and experience from the first weeks of mass flights!
Changes have been made to the physics of movement and control of the armored vehicle. Their goal is to increase the dynamics of air fights and make those more intuitive and comfortable.
A more detailed description is as follows:
- Now, at small angles of inclination along the pitch axis, the armored vehicle can fly without gaining altitude. This will allow armored vehicles to more easily approach the enemy while simultaneously firing
- Limited roll to the left/right (A/D keys) no longer leads to loss of altitude at small angles of inclination along the pitch axis. This will make it easier to control altitude during aerial combat
- Acceleration is now less dependent on pitch angle and is stronger at low pitch angles. This increases maneuverability, allows you to change direction faster and reduces the influence of inertia
- The vertical braking force has been increased, which should provide greater control of movement
- Improved overall stability of the armored aircraft
Once you’re acquainted with the changes, we invite you to provide your constructive feedback on those here. Additionally, a survey will be launched on the main server upon the test’s conclusion.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the test server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, October 27, 2023 from 14:00 to 20:59 (GMT time)
- Saturday, October 28, 2023 from 13:00 to 20:59 (GMT time)
- Sunday, October 29, 2023 from 13:00 to 20:59 (GMT time)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.
27 October 2023
[Mass testing](News - Crossout testing)
I am against this. They should not make flying easier. There is already training wheel mode that you can turn off to do barrel rolls. If it gets easier, you are left with hovers that fly.
I’m not sure if flying needs to be easier, but the changes they are proposing seem like they will make flying more enjoyable, which is probably a good thing if they’re making it a permanent part of the game.
Yeah, its good for the game because flying is where the developers are going, and flight is not taking off with the majority of players. (Pun intended). I really like it though and have always appreciated that once you turn off the barrel roll controls the helicopter becomes a wild horse that needs to be tamed but can do some fantastic things once it is tamed.
Flying doesn’t need to be easier. I don’t even know where they have gotten the inclination to do this from. “Flying is too hard,” is not what I’m hearing from this forum or reddit, and it’s not what I’m experiencing personally, either.
With a game that has so much wrong with it, and so many things that they could be working on, wasting man hours, my time (test server) and theirs, seems out of touch…but what’s new?
DarthStall is right; nobody needs flying hovers. Making driving and aiming over-easy with all the omnidirectional movement parts has made PVP on the ground rather unenjoyable, and clearly players are fleeing the misery they’ve created with this.
We can debate the relevance of Steam charts (no thanks) but those numbers look concerning to me, and I can feel the effect on queue times. According to that chart, they’ve lost about half of the activity they had at the beginning of this year. It’s grotesque…how can I pwn noobs in my art-mobile if there are none?
Soon, I expect those charts to be dipping back down into the 3K area, since we are already almost there with several events running (2 BPs and a few others). The numbers are pathetic.
What happens next? This game economy seems to be collapsing, and they are working on making helicopters easier? Why?
I glanced at War Thunder’s numbers, and they sit at around 70K (must be nice). You know what they don’t have, besides an awesome build feature? Aim-free weapons and omnidirectional movement parts with camera controls. Just saying.
I’m all for these changes, flying as it is now is still clunky, and making it less clunky not gonna turn flying into hovers… That’s silly
However, I do think requiring a tail rotor to make the copter/flying builds less clunky when flying would be great, don’t add such things though in a pack maybe a BP and the tail rotor could increase hovering capabilities, by turning on the spot, and maybe even doing a horizontal barrel roll
I think flying should be less clunky, but not so easy that it far overshadows ground vehicles as this game is still a car battle game unless the devs want this game to evolve into a land, sky, and sea battle game… hmmm?
I like the helis and the helis mode, I be looking down at you’s from the skies!
Still won’t get me to play helis or heli modes
Gameplay don’t need to be changed in my mind, but the type of weapon allowed have to be changed ! Pyre and Hurricane need to be banned from helico battle, or FTT have to be free such as Car Jack in order to give a minimum of chance to survive in this mode. It’s like you play a free game of cars and you need to pay 10€ or to pay more than 4000 PO to have the break available ! it’s unbelievable ! Then Parser and Destructor are also cheated weapons, only two shots and you die…with the aim assist of gamepad it’s a no match game. I really like the helico mode but i’m very disappointed for the things i have talked about.
Wheels are what needs to be changed. They suck and have all year.
They seem all bouncy and light now too, like if I hit any kind of obstacle, or am bumped by anything, like a cannon shot, or melee dude, anything, I go flying across the board upside down or pinned on top of somebody’s car or whatever. Not to mention the steering response just sucks hard, and any lag at all makes it much worse, and very difficult to turn where and when you want to turn.
But ya, thanks for updating the helicopters already. They needed it real bad. Sky-camping was so inconvenient to manage.
Need to ban the Caucasus from heli builds. You’re basically giving the heli an auto win button because there is no counter for it. Missiles can be dodged and shot down, drones can be shot down, the Caucasus should not be allowed on a heli.
What are you Fu%#ing waiting for banning the guided missiled from helico ???