Check out this nonsense!

The original attempt at a wedge fix reduced power with only a bit of contact in a lot of scenarios, which is partly why close range players use melee mounted high as “horns”, so that they lift themselves, and make their victim lose power instead.
The current mechanics are the best they’ve ever been, but more tinkering is needed.

Simulating mass and friction within a game isn’t simple. I feel like all games suffer from a feeling of weightlessness to varying degrees, especially when making contact between objects.

1 Like

Once your movement parts aren’t flat on the ground you lose traction and at that point you can get shoved around but the other guy’s speed depends on your mass. Tracks need a grip buff but you wouldn’t be able to shove it w/o a wedge. Any large and ridgid movement parts like tracks/augers have the biggest problem with losing traction.

1 Like

That (part you circled in red) needs to be re-engineered to give tracks and augers the most resistance to being pushed. I dont know that it would make them competitive but at least it would be a step closer

1 Like

Simplest fix is a grip buff because augers and tracks got a grip nerf w/ omnis and atoms.

1 Like

Omnis and atoms arent really competitive but they arent nearly as bad off as tracks and augers. Not sure what should be done to make atoms and omnis competitive but not OP…

I think I got the picture now kind of. Tracks have always been prone to getting wedged which is a problem the devs need to focus on. It might be better than what it used to be but better ain’t enough in this case. When a puny growl cab can still lift you off the ground and push you half way across the map well you still got work to do.

If the old forum was still around, we could see that wedging and pushing has been a topic of complaint since the beginning of the game.

I’m not convinced that tracks are more prone to being victims of this than other movement parts though. If I’m playing a close range build, I generally find tracked builds harder to attack than most movement parts. Only legs and augers are harder to push around for me. Wheels, hovers, omniwheels, and atoms are more vulnerable to pushing in my opinion.

Of course all of this depends greatly on your build, and the build of the attacker.

I’m not just speaking as someone who occasionally enjoys pushing other cars around, but also as someone who has also always played some tracked builds.