Crossout and the Real World

I’ve seen several vids that I’ve wanted to post over the years, either on Facebook or reddit, or here…and just never did. Well, For 2023 I’ma try and do better. Here’s a vid I just saw this morning. If you guys see any others over this year that could relate to Crossout in any way…well…post it here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gah, Simon has videos on everything. Everything.
Great Idea.

2 Likes

I’d like this as a skin for my Fuze drones, but I’m not keen on introducing any advanced versions of that drone.

The Goliath Beetle

4-goliath-beetle

Photo credit: baku13

Sometimes, the best way to fight fire is with fire. That was the philosophy behind the Goliath Beetle, a tiny tank whose job was to blow up much larger tanks.

Designed by French engineer Adolphe Kegresse, the Goliath Beetle was developed by Germany during World War II. After learning that the Germans had taken an interest in his design, Kegresse attempted to hide the prototype by throwing it into a river. But the Germans found it and handed it over to automaker Carl F.W. Borgwand to complete and produce.

It was remote-controlled, 0.3 meters (1.0 ft) tall, and packed with 90 kilograms (200 lb) of explosives. Its goal was to drive under enemy tanks and detonate, a similar tactic used by the Russians with live dogs instead of machines.

The Goliath Beetle first saw action in 1942, but its electric motor cost far too much for a tank that was going to blow itself up. When the Germans replaced the electric engine with a gas-powered one, the Goliath Beetle became too noisy when operating. This allowed the Allies to hear its approach. They could disarm the tank with artillery fire or by simply catching up to it and snipping its control wires.

Although this tank didn’t catch on, some people believe that the Goliath Beetle may have been the first step into remote-controlled war machines, such as the modern military drone.

3 Likes

I dont have direct quick access to the specific videos now, but ive used videos do debate thinfs like huge crossbows being able to push transport trucks with a shot, or another was a mythbuster video showing a transport truck with a military plow similar to the heaviest xout plow, and how it was sending vehicles up to two tons flying through the air. One standard civilian sedan actually flew higher in to the air than the trasport was tall.

Wedges to crazy stuff irl. They arent just op in crossout.

1 Like

(1) A Destructive Wedge Through Memory Lane MiniMyth | MythBusters - YouTube

2 Likes

i remember seeing that my 1st time. jaw dropping.

That might be a cool idea for a legendary drone. Mini Goliath packed with explosives that blow up underneath vehicles. Preferably triggered by being directly below a cabin.

1 Like

Yeah that. Not alot of video evidence exists to show the power of a wedges in vehicular colisions/combat. Like…theres battlebots as a best example after that vid.

2 Likes

There’s also a ton of dash cam footage from real life crashes with tractor trailers. In the US, most are limited to 40 tons. A full size pick up truck like the F150 weighs 2.5 tons roughly.

if i ever thought i was having a bad day in my garage…

2 Likes

found new thing to zone out to.

1 Like

good video lol,
it visualizes in great detail what happens to regular players when they meet a melee car.

2 Likes

That’s available for the test drive… don’t know when or where I got mine.

1 Like

I don’t think it was part of the initial Amusement Park release but I could be wrong. I thought it came out around Operation Red Light.

1 Like