Devs genius idea to bind look back to r3

you just don’t get it. l3/r3 is a must. If all weapons turned at the same speed and had lightning fast projectile speed id give it a try but it ain’t a option with the wide combos of weapons, various turn speeds and what not.

i’m firing porcs at someone in front of me and by turning that quick little shot at the dude behind me my porc aim is now going to miss the dude in front. The build follows the camera so there is no way to keep my porcs steady while adjusting the aim of my secondary weapon on the other player. My builds are made to engage 2 targets at the one time, almost all my builds are like that.

And most turn speeds of weapons ain’t going to let you take that quick little shot behind you like your trying to convince me of.

Hey, I’m just suggesting you spend a week with the controls and explore them fully.
Too many people on this forum make up their minds before enough experimentation.
Jobbuko turns pretty quick, and the rear view toggle will get it pointed backwards just as fast as if you aimed backwards manually. Plus, when you toggle back forwards, there should be no delay at all if you want to dump some more porcs out your front end.
Edit: reading your replies makes me think you aren’t understanding that going to the rear view only aims your weapons in the reverse, and doesn’t move your build. Or maybe you were talking about aiming sideways and mixing up your arguments?

Tried it didn’t like it. Not doing it because it ain’t going to work, leave it at that please.

Ok, then go into the menu and find the toggle I previously mentioned. It should be there, on a different menu screen. Also, can’t PC players rebind controls like console players? We can make anything trigger anything.

What’s the exact name of the toggle and on what page?

Go to the interface section of the settings menu, scroll down and look on the left hand column.

I think I am starting to understand your issue, as it seems they have two functions on L3/R3 with no obvious way to choose which function is being triggered. Even in the new controls, they are supposed to also do the shift right/left thing, but I can’t figure out how to do that. They only actually seem to trigger the free look and rear view functions.

Capture1
I checked and unchecked every one of those boxes and the right strafe/look behind bind is still there

1 Like

Sorry, I thought the third one might fix your issue.
I guess either switch to keyboard and mouse, or learn the new controls?
Or file a bug report.
I have to admit, I can’t understand why they’ve assigned two things to one control. My only guess is that they forgot about controller users when they decided to give us the option of keeping the original strafing controls. And they also didn’t really consider controllers even in the design of the new controls, as there doesn’t seem to be any way of actually activating the shift left/right controls. I didn’t really notice it before, because I didn’t really feel I needed it, but it’s listed there so it should be functional.

Something else I noticed, L3 locks the aim. Well guess I am gonna have to get used to the wsad and graduate to being a true pc master race warrior or quit crossout, this is pure baloney.

you are describing the problem without understanding you are describing the problem.

2 Likes

We need an option to fix this ASAP.

1 Like

There is currently no work around for this awful change. They really messed this one up for sure.

1 Like

I’m gonna stick around for a week or 2 and stick purely to wheeled builds and if it ain’t fixed by then I seriously got no other option but to quit the game until it is fixed. I didn’t even notice left strafe locks the aim until a while later after I made this post, talkin about adding salt to the wound. No mention in patch notes no nothing, devs just did it.

Whom ever thought binding anything like “Weapon Rotation Lock” to a movement button is an absolute idiot. I can look past the “quick back” “quick front” thing… but it shouldn’t be on a movement key, but is more forgivable than WRL.
I love this game and simply cannot play it now. So until there’s an update to fix it… they sure as hell are not going to be rewarded with real money for a crap $9.99 battle pass after such a glaring mistake.

1 Like

hi guys i was having this problem too. i made a bug report. they have mapped look back to r3 and look around to l3… they just need to make a toggle im sure it wont take long ty

1 Like

That sneaky little r3 l3 controller bind took away the last smidget of faith I had in the guy’s at targem, honestly. It don’t even make good business sense. I understand you can’t please everyone with balance updates but you can please everyone with controller options because leaving the old and new controls in the menus hurts nobody and will help retain current players while attracting new ones. There are pros and cons for both but I choose the original options because it is what works best with my builds but they are all essentially broke now. I don’t even think there is some ulterior motive for it I think they did it because the devs are dumb as rocks , that simple.

1 Like