Do some maps feel faster?

Does it feel like some maps seem to be faster than others? To be clear, the speedometer still shows the same top speed, but the car still somehow feels significantly faster or slower.
Is it something to do with how different terrain surfaces effect traction and possibly acceleration? Or is it the system trying to compensate for lag? Or am I just imagining things?

2 Likes

i was thinking the same thing…
why am i going so slow on this map.speedo is the same,same wheels,same build…but feels slower…
something happened when they reduced the speed i think,we could start here and try to figure it out…
nice call on this though,i thought it was just me… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Y’all are just imagining things I think. The less things around you to drive by the slower it feels like your moving.

2 Likes

You could be right! Some surfaces are more slippery as well, which might make things feel faster, since you’re drifting more.

The in-game speed-o-meter is full of shit, I’ve noticed this in Adventure Mode. Even when I was nearly stationary, climbing up a cliff, it displayed 18 km/h. When I was drifting in a circle and going nowhere, it was displaying 89 km/h. It is probably based on the RPM of the wheels or the engine, rather than your actual speed, so I suppose if a map consistently strains the engine or has bad grip all around, it is possible to go slower on it than what the HUD display tells you.

1 Like

Come to think of it, when I’m playing legs and struggling to get up a hill, it still reads as if I’m at max speed.

I did feel faster in the chase mode map for some reason, like way faster, I got mad air on the jumps

Yeah you can easily hold the handbrake with st wheels and be dead still and it’ll show 70 with wheels spinning, or going down a jump it’ll flicker up to 124 or so without boosters

1 Like

I’d say some enemy teams feel faster rather than specific maps, get a full on rush heavy miniguns/rapid fire machineguns/shotguns team with maybe a Yongwang or a tempura build and it feels like the match is over under a minute when your whole team gets powerhoused because there were not enough builds to counter the metas in this rock/paper/scissor car game

I never pay attention to how fast the enemies are. All I care about is how fast I am.
I’ve been trying to pay closer attention this week, and it’s starting to seem like it’s part of how different terrain and weather changes traction. Makes you slide more, but also accelerate slower. Water seems to have the biggest effect, but sand maps are also feeling slow.
Assuming it is about traction, I have no problem with it, but I would like to see tires spinning in sand when struggling to accelerate.

1 Like