Finally found a good use for the Huginn cab

The changes made them lethal if they get within range of your build. And they are super durable. And ez to armor around because of attachment points.

4 Likes

Yeah, I slapped some on an auger build to grind out that heavy cab challenge and was impressed. I donā€™t like playing them, but they hit harder than I remember, and the augers make them more aimable.

I got bored with that and built an obnoxious drone boatā€¦ Havenā€™t had time to play it yet, though.

1 Like

This cabin is just not good.

I fused one, tried out a few builds, and now it will collect dust.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using it with millers, aurora, 1 sealed fuse (upgraded), hot red for engine running 8 omni (6 upgraded). Itā€™s nice.

Yeah, itā€™s definitely not a strong cabin, but I like trying new things and challenging myself.
I wouldnā€™t recommend it for anyone who doesnā€™t enjoy that kind of a challenge.
But if youā€™re already using heavy cabins for melee or gremlins/goblins, it works decently for those applications.
For melee, youā€™ll want at least one booster or you will never catch anyone. For frontal shotguns youā€™ll want to use either omniwheels or augers. I guess bigrams might work too, but I havenā€™t been in the mood to use them lately.

When the ā€œwin X amount of games with a heavy Cabinā€ challenge come up in the latest BP, I realized that I no longer have any heavy cabin builds loaded up in my garage.

I had to pull a very old build of mine from the exhibition to complete it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been going through a heavy cabin phase, so it wasnā€™t a problem for me, but until this year I mostly played light cabins. I like speed, but sometimes itā€™s fun to feel like you are driving a building.

1 Like

Saviour synergise well with Gremlins/Goblins and has a compact form factor for a heavy cab.
Are better perks out there?
most probably, but these type of SGs are also peculiar.
If not for the drones i would be playing Gremlins for over a year.
Remember Stubby lil dork, at 12k+?

was a bit bloated at that range, i came down a bit, it works well vs cannonsā€¦high PS cannons included, it can out trade with a Relic one. A Relic.
Was the further iā€™ve got so far.

My first tests with tempuras are not being what i thought what it would be, they need concentration of them in one spot.

The biggest the target, the better it works against, the easiest is to drag the target, smaller ones you have got to go full tilt and hit centre of mass to maintain them at the front.
Depending of MM and player skill and weapons available i can fetch a build and bring it back to my lines (but itā€™s very risky).
the guns are very well protected , too well protected.
the open front design that you saw itā€™s an attempt to maximize Gremlins damage output, the trade off, i canā€™t tank cannon shots head on, it has a flaw, it oversteers a lot.
Saviour will make it smaller and probably i will cure the oversteer.
I finally made thunderbolts work, but not in the traditional way (going in circles).

Dragging and punching through will make the SGs perk charge. Can wedge like a pro, but itā€™s too open with Saviour, more space to mount more front armour.
If they are too high in PSā€¦ i sincerely donā€™t know, but they work or they have been working

1 Like

Mount gremlins one on each side and two in the groves on top then go bully every build on the map with your pushing power. Remember the gremlins have damage reduction and mountpoints on each side so you can armor your cargo box up supremely good with two damage reduction layers to the cabin.

Then I would argue theyā€™re not too high in PS. :man_shrugging:

One of the things Iā€™ve always loved about this game is how something that you think SHOULD NOT WORK actually does.

I have a silly little sub 5k build that has a turret & king. I somehow manage MVP in that dumb little thing. YOU DONTā€™ GET MVP WITH DRONES & MINESā€¦ and yetā€¦ :joy:

Ahā€¦ the real challenge of XOā€¦ not getting de-gunned.

Maybe bring those rear Big Foot wheels in a bit if you canā€¦ or replace them with Large Wheels if you can?

I think having steer wheels set wide in the rear leads to oversteer. Complete conjecture on my part, thereā€¦

And mine.
My storm chaser (hawks build) have the cabin partially exposed, exposed frames, due to the nature of the drones and the cabin being light and iā€™m using heavy armour i simply canā€™t cover the all thing up. And i get away with that, itā€™s the build iā€™m the most aggressive with, if the opportunity presents to me i use it as a battering ram.
But of all my medium and light builds this is the most tanky so far but despite iā€™m liking the drones a lot they stop me being aggressive, itā€™s like a shoe i really like but too small for my foot by this much II.
But against cannonsā€¦ itā€™s epic, in a good day it can tank a lot

A variation suggested by LordTutor and interpreted by me.

But i digress, returning to that open front build, if you notice i want to shorten the build for, at least, 4 pins, not only to cover the open frames but also to put the wheels closer to each other and perhaps a bit more inn the back to kill the oversteer.

Iā€™m putting a lot on Saviour cab, i only hope i donā€™t end up like monkey putting it on the side in a dusty corner in my garage.
But then again, all will be different next update, letā€™s see if iā€™m not back in the drawing board, starting all over again, again.

Remember that the 2.0 update made mass balance impact steering a lot. If you are oversteering, you may have too much mass at your rear, causing you to fishtail.
If you donā€™t want to rebuild your rear or put more mass in front, you might want to shift the position of your ST wheels. Putting non-ST in the rear and all your ST in front can sometimes fix oversteer issues.

1 Like

He makes a good pointā€¦ those snow plows are HEAVY.

The all thing is heavy, itā€™s meant to be as heavy and well protected i can make it.

The tweaks i have in mind will make it even heavier, iā€™m passed the 101 building and i know where i can go to have more armour if i remember which version this is.
But heā€™s right, i forgot entirely of that.

thank you @130898924
Sometimes i get caught up in details forgetting others, redundancy. But itā€™s not important in this design, itā€™s not meant for out manoeuvring lighter builds, or outlive, itā€™s meant to chew and drag

Iā€™ll do just that, funny thing is, i already have that setup in the thunderbolt build and i like it

1 Like