Game Balancing and Player Engagement Suggestions for Crossout

Dear Gaijin Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Gabriel Amidon, and I would like to offer some feedback and suggestions regarding Crossout, particularly focused on Clan Wars (CW), player retention, and the battle pass system. These changes could significantly improve the player experience and help grow the game’s long-term appeal.

1. Clan Wars Balancing & Team Deathmatch (TDM) Integration

Crossout is widely recognized for its Clan Wars mode, but there are several challenges newer players face, especially when competing against veterans equipped with high-tier relics. I propose integrating a Team Deathmatch (TDM) mode specifically for certain ranks of clan members, determined by their activity levels and clan support. This would create a more balanced experience by grouping players based on their contribution and engagement rather than only skill level or relic ownership.

In addition, uranium—a key CW resource—should be earnable through battle performance rather than just victories. This adjustment would allow more clans to feel rewarded for participation and effort, even if they aren’t always winning. Addressing these balance issues is important for maintaining healthy player count and engagement, as facing overwhelmingly powerful veterans can deter newer or less experienced players. Additionally, ensuring a fairer CW system would open up more possibilities for relic crafting and long-term gameplay progression for all players.

2. Battle Pass (BP) Adjustments & Earnable Progression

A significant improvement I would suggest for the game is making the battle pass (BP) and its tiers earnable through gameplay. By allowing players to unlock the BP and its rewards through win tokens or challenges—rather than just purchase—it would encourage more consistent and engaged gameplay. This would offer a long-term evolution for BP progression, appealing to both new and frequent players.

I propose incorporating challenges that focus on teamwork and support, like area-based boosts that help teammates gather experience and resources, rather than traditional assist mechanics. These boosts could incentivize teamwork and lead to more cooperative gameplay. I acknowledge that sometimes teammates prefer playing solo, but offering win tokens for completing these challenges could motivate players to work together, benefiting both casual and competitive players.

Additionally, badges and cosmetic rewards could differentiate between players who purchase the BP and those who earn it. For example, buyers could receive a special decal or skin, while earners could unlock unique badges, promoting both methods without bias. This would also make the packs and BP system more versatile and appealing for a wider audience.

3. Player Polls and Feedback Integration

Finally, I recommend adding polls or surveys to the Crossout website where players can vote on upcoming changes or balance ideas. This would allow for more direct community feedback, increasing player interaction and ensuring that updates reflect the desires of the active player base. This level of engagement would help reduce player retention issues and create a stronger connection between the community and the development team.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions. I believe these changes could improve the overall gameplay experience, increase player retention, and drive more revenue in the long term. Should you wish to discuss these ideas further or seek additional feedback, I am available at the contact information below.

Best regards,
Gabriel Amidon
Crossout Player | Game Enthusiast
Phone: 470-556-6679
Email: [email protected]

Username: Car Constructer
Game Ideas for Balance and Retention

I hope these suggestions resonate with the vision for Crossout’s growth and future!

3 Likes

This would be better heard on the discord, as the developers don’t read the forums.

Although you’d have to condense it quite a bit more…

Also, Targem develops the game, Gaijin just publishes it.

4 Likes

I am a tad shocked you would use you’re actual name and give out personal information.
I pray that doing such doesn’t have bad consequence’s.
More power to you on your endeavor, But one should be very cautious with advertising personal information.

2 Likes

Same, you gotta be careful with that stuff, lots of nasty people in this world. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m not convinced this is real and not the matrix. I’m also not convinced that A.I. couldn’t operate or direct a successful and popular online video game franchise one day soon, derived from user feedback, fashioned after user requests, as suggested by the OP (bot)…so call that number…I dare you (don’t). Trick or Treat? Don’t.

I’m sure most companies will be glad to turn public relations over to artificial intelligence completely as soon as possible.

i have reported this post so hopefully the community mods will take action. this shouldnt be allowed on the forums, ever.

1 Like

For what??

What shouldn’t be in the forums?? What is wrong??

providing his name, email and phone number. it must be a bot but even if it is it might also be a scam as well. its best to report it just incase.

1 Like

Lots of Phishing scams these days, Can’t be too careful.

470 area code is Atlanta Ga.
Search engine came up with no one in that region.
I suspect a phishing program as many cold calls come from this area code often.
Besides if they are an “enthusiast” as claimed they would have sent their message through the proper Gaijin /Targem contacts.

I am struggling to figure out what scam someone would be running by posting their contact info.
That’s not really how phishing scams work.
I suspect he’s just someone who is in the habit of attaching their contact info in emails, and might not have a lot of experience with forums and the internet in general.

It could be someone else trying to screw with the owner of that phone number and email, but if that were the goal, they wouldn’t do it with this kind of post.

Okay, that makes sense lol.

Example: “Hi, my name is Sgt. Hammond, from the Goodsprings Sheriff Department, and we we’re running a cash drive to support homeless women. Would you like to make a donation?”

The one I’ve been hit with multiple times was some thing about updating my car insurance. I can’t remember the details…I’m from a small town that likes to make big news pretty often lately. The people here are desperate. Nuts. All it takes is for one of them to get your contact information…call that number Poony4u (don’t). I double-dog-dare you (don’t).