Game Center: Please Add Bots To Race mode

I would really like to build my own race brawl, but without being able to test the functionality of my blueprints there by recruiting bots for the test runs, I can’t really develop anything interesting with this feature. This seems like an unbelievable oversight.

Please, let the bots on the race tracks.

1 Like

It’s funny, because when playing a race they do add bots, but they just drive around in circles, and don’t seem to understand the track.
Surely it’s not impossible to make the bots advance to the checkpoints (and put some checkpoints on all the race tracks for them to follow).

1 Like

Seems like video games have been doing this for decades. In fact, one of the tracks used in the game center I swear I can remember from back in the 80’s. I was hoping to revisit that using Crossout’s much cooler assets. I find it hard to believe they can’t get their bots to race in this day and age too.

I’m certain I could develop a cool race or two with their game center, but I’m not going to inflict my half-baked ideas on the public. Currently that’s the only way to do it; trial and error, and I have some pretty dumb ideas sometimes, probably.

I liked my smash-up derby brawl, but the cars were difficult to cultivate for it to be very entertaining. They sort of had to be built to be destroyed in a particular way, and fairness was hard to line up with diversity. It was nice to have a variety of builds that were all very comparable and competitive (and didn’t last forever), but with their own flamboyant style.

Point is, it took a lot of practice to get it to where it was actually fun. More than I had anticipated (some versions sucked), and it was very nice to have bots to test it on, so I could tell what worked and what didn’t.

I’d like to spit-ball a lot of ideas, frankly, but how is that practical without bots?

1 Like

What I really want is to be able to design my own racetrack from scratch.

1 Like

I’m glad you agree, and thank you for using the word “really.” It makes you seem familiar and like-minded, because I really use that word too much, myself.

I was envisioning something that captured the nostalgia of the 1975 movie, “Roller Ball,” with James Caan, but more importantly, when do your comrades at Skynet plan to take over the world? How much time do we have left, and if I put you on my friends list will you spare me and my family? I have my own tools, and can do computer repair.