Hating the devs/community (is dumb)

This seems to be a personality for some people. I’ve been in chat for a minute, and anything the devs do is criticized, over and over, by the same three or four people. All of them (based on their inventories, exhibition builds and language) are chronic META players who are just screeching about how their overoptimized fire dogs or gerrida builds have a 2% decrease in efficiency due to some random nerf Targem hasn’t even implemented yet. I have a feeling these kinds of people are the kind to say, “video games aren’t meant to be fun, they must be mentally degrading”, and other similar things. They’re the kind of person to put others down (or threaten them) because they disagree with them. It’s these kinds of people that are killing the community. I can guarantee you that some people didn’t leave because of some update. They left because someone made them feel unsafe, simply because they were happy about some balance change.

It’s not funny or cool.

Stop it.

5 Likes

I talk to 0 people in game anymore.
There is enough griping here.
Many would benefit from a break from the game imo.

I don’t hate the devs nor the community.

3 Likes

The game provokes negative emotions, not everyone think they must pretend.

1 Like

The community is disgusting.

I’ve had this guy message me and (presumably) queue snipe me all the time lately for literally no reason. I decided to just see where messaging people would lead and this is what I got:

I do not harass people, I use no meta builds. I literally have a nice art build which I perform well in but I’m hated by whole subs/discords of people for what reason? None.

The community are sad sad individuals who just want to put others down all the time, I have a theory that meta users are just players who never got good at games so they metaslave p2w the hell out of Crossout to try and feel better.

I feel they only hate me because of this kind of thing, they hate that someone performs just as well or better than they do while not conforming the most meta copy paste garbage like everyone else.

There is another type of post that makes the forum not fun to read:

The Eeore post that exists for no reason other than to seek sympathy for being victimized by a free, noncompulsory videogame.

Phrases like:
“It will never work out”
“The devs never listen”
“The game is dying because the Steam charts dropped a 1000 points”
“I hate the game and can’t wait until its dead”

And any like hyperbole are generally uninformative, only half true, unpleasant to read and worse than nothing.

I get that Crossout can be unpleasant to play whenever you repeatedly get stomped for having a bad build. I used to be an Assembler player at 12k in a gooshy unfused Quantum hover back when blue hovers only went 75KPH. I didn’t pay attention to radar and didn’t understand why I always got jumped by Favorite Breaker wedges.

Bad feelings from getting trashed by commed up META sweats are real. But, the game is not meant to keep you happy for 5000 hours straight and it is not meant to replace your regular life and the ordinary joy of doing something normal, like walking outside.

If you are miserable playing the game, it could be because you are feeling miserable separate and apart from Crossout and the game isn’t masking that anymore. If I had one wish for the forum, it would be that everyone stated at least one fun to read point in every post. Also, be kind.

3 Likes

I think there is quite a bit of truth in that.

1 Like

hm, i agree those posts are lame and boring. how is it different from complaining about comments you dont like on a free to play forum though? i mean, to wish every single comment has one explicit positive point in it sounds like a lot of zealotry.

to the negative nancy gamers you say just quit, but you too could just ignore naughty posts, block people etc. yet youre here complaining about other people you have no control over. whether its for sympathy or not i dont know.

You’re probably right that complaining about boring posts is in the same league as making the post in the first place. I usually am silent on these issues and stay out of most flame wars. Today I posted my thoughts on the topic. Was that dumb? Probably.

To be clear, I’m not saying, “be positive about Crossout or I’m upset”. I am saying, If you are going to post something, put a little bit of work in it and don’t spam the same dead talking points in an angry, accusatory way, over and over again. If you are going to criticize the developers, make a funny meme or something and keep it a little bit fresh.

That’s all.

1 Like

It’s the spamming that bugs me.

And while complaining about it might be pointless, I remain optimistic that at least some people might care that their online behaviour annoys the people they’re trying to communicate with. I don’t believe that every Crossout doomer is a lost cause.

Then again, you could argue that the whole point of spamming is to shut down conversation, as are the immediate insults to anyone who disagrees.

At least when we complain on the forum about the behaviour of forum members, those members will actually see it. While complaining about the devs on the forum is unlikely to actually be read by the devs.

1 Like

ok fair enough. imo you guys could do a small part by not replying to all those topics.

because youre kind of all over those, i get it, its because you disagree. but participating in a discussion validates said discussion.

just like courts simply wont hear too absurd or unsubstantiated cases. because they leegally deem such cases not worthy of discussion. once the court takes the case it acknowledges that there might be a case there and therefore a discussion is valid.

as i see it, its often non regulars of the forum coming here to vent. its questionable if theres a valid discussion in those topics, because they were created primarily to vent. maybe just let them vent.

2 Likes

I think that’s a very fair point, and I’m going to make an effort to keep that in mind.
What about the frequent longtime doom posters though? Then again, those ones are unlikely to ever change their ways, so there’s probably not much point debating with them either.

As much as i respect the devs, they have undeniably made some very shit decisions in the past.

It is ironic that you say that the type of people to put others down would say things such as “video games aren’t meant to be fun, they must be mentally degrading” - while that is quite literally the entirety of the gaijin / targem development scheme.

Some weapons in the game are stronger than others, same as movement parts, cabins, etc., and the developers very much know that, and they will keep it that way.
They develop this game to make money, not to entertain you

2 Likes

I’d argue that complaining about complaining is way worse of an offense than just straight up complaining about the game, if people are complaining about a game, it’s because a game is not good for whatever reason. If people are complaining about complaining, what are they after? That people stop voicing out or having negative feelings about a game, that for whatever reason causes them to exist?

It’s ok to like or hate a game, but it is not ok to tell the opposing view to not voice out their opinion

Like this topic for example, what if it was

“Liking the devs/community (is dumb)” and the opening post went something like

This seems to be a personality for some people. I’ve been in chat for a minute, and anything the devs do is praised, over and over, by the same three or four people. All of them (based on their inventories, exhibition builds and language) are chronic META players who are just screeching about how their overoptimized fire dogs or gerrida builds have a 2% increase in efficiency due to some random buff Targem hasn’t even implemented yet. I have a feeling these kinds of people are the kind to say, “video games aren’t meant to be challenging, they must be fun and wholesome”, and other similar things. They’re the kind of person to put others down (or threaten them) because they disagree with them. It’s these kinds of people that are killing the community. I can guarantee you that some people didn’t leave because of some update. They left because someone made them feel unsafe, simply because they weren’t happy about some balance change.

It’s not funny or cool.

Stop it.

1 Like

I’m not telling them they can’t voice their opinions, I’m telling them to do it in a constructive way.

With the way it’s currently being done (especially in game chat), nothing suggestive or constructive comes out of it. It’s all “The devs/[specific player name] can k*** themselves” and something similar, and when you ask them why, they can’t provide a solid reason, usually when attacking another player.

It’s not the statement/opinion, it’s the way it’s delivered.

1 Like

I like talking with people, even those I disagree with.
But I want it to be an actual conversation, not just someone ranting and then losing their cool if anyone doesn’t agree with them. It’s just so hard to communicate with people like that. I probably shouldn’t even bother, but I don’t like writing people off.

So if I’m arguing with you, it usually means I haven’t given up on you, and think you are still worth the effort.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I know you are just teasing, but you aren’t totally wrong. I started posting on the forum a lot more when I had a falling out with the one real-world friend who also used to play Crossout with me.
Suddenly I had no other outlet for all my Crossout thoughts, so I started spending more time here.
It is not a great replacement though.

I do have other real friends, but none share my love for this game.

1 Like

My thoughts are if clients are complaining Constructive, destructive it is the philosophy of the game. It measures the heartbeat of the game. Just as without any discussion good or bad, Without said Philosophy of, How is it to know what the thoughts of the clients whom pay the bills without voicing their thoughts? Side note. Have I jumped off the handle? Yes & I apologize for any harsh & or rude remarks. Sometimes my PTSD gets the best of me. I hope that those affected can forgive my past trespasses. I will do my best not to reply in haste.

1 Like

Go to the reddit and you’ll see organized trolling by people coordinated on discord. Kizion is one of em.

Yeah, I don’t do reddit. Its a cess pool just like Fascists’-book.