Have they downgraded their already terrible servers?

Recently when I try to play with my NA friends the latency spikes to 150-200+ and matches become literally unplayable. Not only this but even when my friends play on EU they get lag which they didn’t used to feel as much beforehand…

I’m not one to call “lag issues” as I’m very much used to playing the usual 100 ish ping of NA servers when playing both Crossout and other games but 150-200 is way too much for a game which involves both driving AND shooting…

How recently? Like, just since the events ended? If so, that’s not unusual. Typical.

Well I didn’t have this issue back at the start of December. I play with my NA friends more than I play on my own EU server and since the last event update it’s been a problem I suppose?

But it used to be worse and the reason may be something they can’t fix. They said in that update that they “fixed” the issues with latency in the game that caused you to get caught on objects…

qflvWSQ

You may have noticed that for that first week builds felt faster, like there was less lag between throttle and acceleration and heavy builds kept top speed constantly… they messed something up quite badly and driving was super twitchy…

But this was causing matches to not load in correctly on high ping like how I play from EU to NA… so badly that I would rubber band sometimes to the point where the match would end and I’d still be in spawn.

I made a bug report on this and a week later it was patch fixed (apparently…).

eshgZKI

But this issue still happened to my friend while playing from NA to EU tonight and I think their tinkering with sync is somehow to blame.