Help, someone?

I wanted to get onto the test server (energy changes seem fun), but then it showed me this message:
Screenshot 2024-02-19 112105
Now, even if I launch the standard game (not from the testing launcher), it boots me to the test server and doesn’t let me log in.

Could anyone give me some tips on how to get back in?

How does one go about uninstalling? I’ve deleted all the files and downloaded the launcher again (from the website), and the same issue keeps happening.

You can only get onto the test server when it’s actually on. The test dates for the next test are:

• Please note the schedule of the test server:
    • Thursday, February 22, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Friday, February 23, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Saturday, February 24, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Sunday, February 25, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
  • Then we plan to introduce some adjustments and additional changes, based on the results of the 1st stage of testing. The testing will continue:
    • Friday, March 1, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Saturday, March 2, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Sunday, March 3, 2024 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)

Noted.

Why does this keep happening? Are you deleting the posts, and if so, why?

Yes I deleted my post. My mistake. From the sound of Hamsters reply I assumed you found the issue. I down loaded a test server once and screwed up my launcher by not separating the launcher files. It did the same exact thing. I removed the game & all of its files . Then down loaded the game again. There was residual files I had to find & delete. Try %appdata% in the lower left search bar. go to games and see if any files were left behind in that folder. Also go to downloads and check there also. If the launchers are not downloaded separately it will screw everything up. That’s how I got through it anyway.

I haven’t down loaded another test server since.

That was just the answer to why he was getting the message when trying to get onto the test server today…

@LockmahnYT You have to make sure you install them to separate folders. i.e. change the install location of the test server one to say “crossouttest” or something similar. The installer also use to have the habit of over-righting the default shortcuts, you might want to check the properties of on those when you go to reinstall them.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Edit: hey, it worked!

2 Likes

you need to put it in its own separate folder when you install it. Don’t just install to default.

Edit: guess I should have scrolled down. glad you got it figured out.

1 Like