High Flying Hovers

I have now played a few classic missions and I am coming across players that appear to have hovers that can stay airborne for the whole of the match. Any one else come across this, and do you know how are they able to fly so high when classic missions are for ground builds.


.

Because they also have thrusters that allow this. But yeah, this is total BS and shouldn’t be in the game

Remember when reaper copters were a thing?

I don’t think these flying builds are really a problem, but I also think most people on this forum are crying about nothing most of the time, so feel free to ignore my opinion.

I just think that players should feel free to play any kind of build that the rules currently permit. Seems weird to me when people will tell other players that they’re dumb for playing an unoptimized or weak build, and then the next minute complain about other people using a build they think is too strong.
Let people do what they want. You’re not the game police. The devs set the rules, we play within those rules.

I saw a player (not naming names) make a reaper flyer with boosters on PC. No rotor, just recoil. It’s doable and really annoying if the flyer knows what they are doing. That being said, one decent cannon shot from a distance is usually enough to cripple them. Usually they can’t maneuver horizontally (depending on the build) while in the air because they spin to stay in the air, so just go far away and shoot from a distance. If they CAN follow you (usually the ones that are balanced enough to not have to spin), guns with high aim can help (starfall, compiler, etc.) OR sideways-mounted guns (like on a heavy spider build) can be useful too. If you don’t like having the limit of having to line up the vehicle with the enemy to get a good shot, switch out the wheels for omni-directional movement parts. It won’t solve the problem but it does help. If you press the “V” on the keyboard while looking at the enemy, it will highlight it for allies as long as you have them withing radar range and they have a radio/radio-equivalent radar. You can also find cover under a bridge or other structure where they have to come to you.

If absolutely necessary, leave queue and rejoin, and you should get different players/teams. This will take some time away from battles, so use this only when needed.

I hope some of this is useful, good luck!!

1 Like

Does anyone remember how the devs nerfed the original reaper copters out of existence? Back in the day you didn’t even need boosters to fly, you could do it with pure recoil.
Anyways, even when they were easier to make, I rarely saw them because they have such limited applications, and are almost useless on a few maps.
I still occasionally see people running flying builds that just use boosters and homing missiles for weapons, but they are also less popular now than in the past.

I miss some of the more creative builds that abused some of the game mechanics. Like I understand why they had to nerf tilted mandrake builds, but they were also really cool and I’m sad I never got to play one.

I miss sandbland’s YT videos about all the cool builds he made :sob: