Hover + Toadfish is OP

It’s just a lack of will from devs. -% spread while not moving, +% spread while moving, +% dura. Bam, fixed.

1 Like

The only reason hovers are still here is just the mere fact the “provide” something that no other movement parts has, making unique, it does not matter if the hovers are flaming garbage, if they still have that “thing” people would still use them…

Just like how ML were alway the second worse movement part in the game, but still used, because no other part could do what it did especifically, but better…

Until bigrams came offcourse…

I’m 100% sure that if the released a mech leg, an auger, an rolling based movement part… that consumed less than 5% power, and had over 75 km maximum speed while having higher toonage, no one would use hovers anymore…

He never said they where underpowered, he said they have been nerfed multiple time. Which is true.

Hovers are not over powered or under powered, they are pretty much just right.

1 Like

Nice strawman there, but not a hover boy and never have been, I don’t even own hovers and haven’t for years after trying them and sucking madly at using them.
Are you a melee player Clebardman?

You’ve admitted hovers been battered and abused #don’tabusetheabused # leavehovers alone

Every game has a meta, instead of advocating the abuse of hovers how about putting up some suggestions on how you’d like the movement part to be changed/balanced?!
Yes cross-out is a skilled based game, it ain’t solitaire even that requires some skill, so anyone skill enough can use anything in a way that they can wreck havoc with the skills just like when people whale up in these games and got no skills and lose badly even with the best equipment.
The only thing I don’t think should be a thing is heavy weaponry like cannons and other weapons with kickback without giving the hover bad kickback etc

I haven’t fused anything in years and none of my builds are anywhere near 80k let alone 400k but thanks for thinking I’m in game rich, but I do take donations! feel free

Yes scorpions are even better, but I guess you better get something for your 28K coins. I am not good at hovers but I like variety in the game so good to have them… just wish they didn’t have the agility of a laser pointer.
The other thing that bothers me is the power score system. I may have a build with two epic cannons and find myself in a battle with legendary and relic builds that just smoke me. Sure, I spend money on the game, but I have my limits. If others want to drop hundreds of dollars in a video game each week that’s fine, I am sure the developers appreciate it. But I don’t think we should be on the same battlefield.

BRO no it isn’t, toadfish needs 2x the dura and 2x the impulse minimum. Its underpowered as hell. If you’re struggling to beat toadfish you have a serious skill issue.

Toads are underwhelming weapons but I really cannot stand how much impulse they have given how little recoil they have. Buff them and remove their ammo limit, but give them a shot delay where recoil will throw off the aim of a light build before the shot is fired, this is how bows work irl and it’d make them more special and open them up to reasonable buffs.
Atm they have to be kept bad because and only because of hovers. Hovers are the only dangerous builds I’ve come across using toads.

A cross bow doesn’t have recoil like that. The energy is expended from the limbs into the projectile in directed force.
You have very little recoil if any from a good crossbow. But whatever you hit, is hit with the full kinetic force.

Bows do have recoil before the arrow leaves the rest though. I shoot compound a lot with an open hand grip and after I release, the recoil of that arrow leaving is enough to keep my bow level and steady in my supporting hand with absolutely no grip on it. My bow only begins to fall after the nock leaves the string. A crossbow is just a bow with a tiller so the concept is the same.
What I do not understand about crossbows is why they require ammo and are so absurdly heavy with no turn speed at all. They are big, heavy, and flimsy yet they got nothing to makeup for it except impulse. Seems like a weapon designed to be abused by hovers.

All hovers are OP! Anyone who doesn’t see that is a reality denier.
Power score for hover parts must be drastically increased.
It’s getting really boring to play against lazy exploiters/cheaters.

Ever noticed how fast hovers can spin and accelerate?
Have you ever thought about the advantages of the improved rotation in terms of armor and aiming? Not to mention the improved mobility, which in turn benefits almost all types of weapons…

Compare that to omnis and keep quiet.

Jesus, if you have no idea.

Fixed.

Have you even noticed how people do not read the date of a post before they run their mouth?

That post was from July, they didn’t over buff hover till version 2.0, which was 3 months after my post.

welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

I have a 90lb longbow, 45lb recurve and 110 compound. Nice to meet a fellow archer.

So you are well aware then that the kind of recoil mentioned is not real on any bow.

Simply put, the bow is not going to recoil and smack you in the face if you don’t have a super tight grip.

I still agree toadfish have way to much impulse without a downside. Personally, when I have shot crossbows… they take a LONG LONG time to reload. Especially powerful crank ones. The lever ones are pretty quick, but lack power. Perhaps giving them a static reload time that is not effected by modules/cabs? Or impulse is reduced by lower reloading times?

Hovers were never at a disadvantage - the opposite was always the case, sometimes more sometimes less.
So spare yourself your stupid teachings.

If they have no recoil what can possibly be holding my bow up after I’ve released my arrow? I don’t grip the bow at all; I let it fall out of my hand as part of my follow through. If bows in XO have the gimmick of insane impulse, they could do with some pre shot recoil that makes them more distinct. It would keep them off hovers and tiny glasscannons, which are why Spikes have received so many nerfs. You’d try to push a spike build and they’d knock you around every 3 seconds.

Bows and Crossbows have very little recoil compared to firearms. A heavier crossbow will actually have less recoil too.

yes them flying toads are incredibly dangerous! they fly at you croaking and everything! might want to watch out or it might try to eat your gun thinking its a fly! xD

i really love the phoenix and the spike crossbows. i havent tried the toadfish but i do really want to get one eventually. i like its design and whatnot.

so you have a bag containing unlimited crossbow bolts?
… then again you could argue that machine guns having infinite ammo to lol. my only guess is the power of the bolts thats the reason for the ammo. cause in game the bolts can hit quite hard. and they have impulse. but mammoths, typhoons, mastodons and tsunamis also hit very hard ad have ammo so idk.

have you ever noticed they are a jet engine hovering off the ground? of course they are going to have better acceleration then wheels or anything else for that matter. they are HOVERS and have thrust which gives them far faster acceleration then other modes of movement.

1 Like

If we went off realism hovers would not exist. You would NEVER EVER use half a dozen exposed turbofan engines to levitate a vehicle above dirt, and it would never have enough acceleration because its not an aerodynamic aircraft flying at altitude. Cars out accelerate fighter jets during takeoff.

Good thing for us we are not playing a battle simulator.

If this game was based on reality it would suck.

1 Like