I hate helis

I hate the helis too. You can’t get under them to shoot as your guns can’t point high enough to hit them. I’ve had he best success against them with my build using autocannons from long range and especially ones with explosive shells. They really get pissed off when I start popping them and head right at me, I don’t last too long after that. But if I’m close to cover, I get under it and some fool pilots come down to ground level to shoot at me and then they’re vulnerable. Most people start shooting at them when they get down low, and hit the ground. Nothing is funnier than watching a chopper try to take off with five people shooting at it and ramming into it.

What this game needs is a fast missile designed just for anti-air purposes. Helis have too much advantage, the missiles can help even the score.

i try to stay away from them,im using 2 incs.i do fine.

It’s called sidemounting. Or the AA gun.

1 Like

Helicopters with miniguns are the single most overpowered thing that has ever happened in this game. Helicopters on their own are a terrible addition to the game, yeah maybe they would be fine in heli-only missions, but as soon as you have to play on wheels or mechs against helis, you are at a tremendous disadvantage, and as soon as they have arbiters on the helis, they are damn-near unstoppable. HELIS MUST BE REMOVED FROM NORMAL MODES, they are ruining the game more than anything I have experienced in 5 years of playing.

1 Like

i tried hitting them with spike crossbows and they are nearly impossible to hit, they are to agile.
also i feel as if… if anything with an impulse hits a heli it should send it cratering into the nearest mountain. idc how many rotors your running, if you take a hit from something with enough impulse it should send you flying.

this should be the case here with helis, we need a better homing missile capable of dealing more damage to helis. if anything with better tracking and a bigger explosion radius. its a shame the tow cant have 3d flight.

isnt there a limit to how car up your camera can pan though? i never had to pan my camera that high. especially since people directly above me is not common at all.

Crossouts self proclaimed number one chopper user here who quit choppers for mech legs or sometimes both with an hybrid build on mech legs. Just stop playing next step problem solved!! the whole point of the mode is to capture the capsules from fallen enemies and that is something that helis have a much harder time doing. The better you are at capturing capsules the more likely you are to win and the enemies tend to spawn very nearby too so you can farm the same bot/player over and over so being able to get to one end of the map very quickly is not much of an issue.

Also the mech legs allow you to aim overhead much higher than normal which allows you to easily take out choppers. Those helis fall out of the sky very quickly versus my icebox vindicator build on mech legs and if they are far too overhead where I can’t hit them then i just ignore and by time they kills me i already got 3 bots taken out with capsules taken for they’re one.

2 Likes

Bingo

3 Likes

85 degrees of elevation. It’s not straight up, but the starfall is a good indicator of how high up you can go

My personal top complaint is the new mech legs The operators shoving and pushing wheeled and other ground based vehicles around bullying they’re way around the maps pushing & shoving team mates stealing kills to get that ever so unimportant “laurel” over their name.
What happened to the “Push physics” for movement parts that was implemented due to wedge builds???
Helicopters can be dealt with as they are much less seen but can still be a PITA . But Helis are a semi great way to avoid the unlimited ammo of some MG’s lol
The new Mech legs, Positively need the “Adjustment hammer” .
Most likely after the battle pass is completed hopefully per game history.

I prefer playing against mech legs than spider legs. Those spider leg builds are so big and there are so many legs that I’m constantly getting tangled in them, even if they’re on my team. Mech legs don’t bother me.