I was banned for a day for simply saying 6 and 9 respectively in a general chat in English

射程之内皆为真理
PC
As the title suggests, I will only say two numbers in two instalments in the English chat room

1 Like

Just put it in the right bin:

1 Like

whats the question? i was under the assumption you were plenty familiar with the concept of censorship. is it because its private censorship and not state censorship that confuses you?

Just in case you weren’t aware, 69 is a slang term in many English speaking cultures that refers to a sexual position.
So that’s probably why you got banned, even if you didn’t mean it that way.

Looking at the screen shot, I’m not sure it can easily be interpreted that way.

To me it appears that that kids were simply pressing random numbers into chat and calling that a “conversation.” which I assume the moderator shut down because that’s either stupid, or a code being used to communicate otherwise banned speech.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, as they say. I can’t see that anybody was making constructive use of the chat feature in the first place, so I don’t see why they should be upset now that they can’t use a feature they had no intention of using properly in the first place.

I’ve heard reports of improper bans, but I’m not feeling it here.

1 Like

They were spamming the chat.

That is bannable in itself. No need to say anything bad.

That’s what it looks like; A Darwin award.

2 Likes

Discussing the matter itself alone, I simply used 6 and 9 in two separate conversations, which generally doesn’t cause misunderstandings, and even if it was treated as spam, it’s not fair to ban just those two numbers for 1 day without any warning
I would actually like to see Chinese chat rooms added to the game, as you can see this is actually a problem due to the fact that a lot of Chinese players use English chat channels, yes we shouldn’t have to use any other way to communicate here, but where should Chinese people communicate? If you say we should go to our own servers and use them, I will reply that I don’t trust the agents of the Chinese servers anymore, and if one day another agent takes over the game, then the players will lose time and money again

1 Like

‘it’s gen chat,who cares’ it’s like this forum’ :crazy_face: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve sent it to the moderators

So, you’re turning yourself in. Why, 23 hours not long enough to learn not to participate in chat-spam?

I think you should just let it go.

2 Likes

i got 23 hours for saying “titties”

1 Like

1 Like

Unless all or most of the people who participate in chat-spam were banned for a day, I could be called a self-surrender, at some point I still see people following the trend of posting nonsensical letters in chat and they are not banned

Actually I don’t care, what I care about is if there is a Chinese chat room in the game

Please elaborate. :innocent:

2 Likes

That does seem more important than this event. Is the Chinese language not allowed in chat?

I don’t use chat, so IDK.

1 Like

Chinese is not allowed in public chat rooms.

Cuz silly Laowai do not understand the power of mighty Xi. Minus social credit to them.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Speaking of, I’m actually thinking about studying Chinese. I assume watching a lot of old movies with Jackie Chan (with subtitles) won’t be enough :laughing: