1. Changes to make legs only get tonnage from legs (nerfing hovers adding tonnage): Huge, huge hit to spiders, specifically the gerridas. You will need 14 or more legs to max out a heavy build. So they either become weaker due to more legs and less dura parts, or weaker because they wont be build to max weight.
Oh wait! YOU HAVE NEWFOUND TONNAGE ISSUES? WE JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE DROPPING THE NEW SUPER TONNAGE ENGINE.
Like cmon devs. This is all so very convienent. And during a movement part meta-shift balance patch. -_-
2. Auger, Omni, Atom buff: Sounds huge. Omnis might go straight to the top in conjunction with the hover and leg nerfs. Im here for it of it is. Anything to mix up a pretty stagnant Diamond-level CWs scene nowadays.
3. Structural parts resistance changes: This may prove to be on of the biggest changes in thos entire patch. You can truly purpose build your armor to counter certain weapon types. The craziest one that stood out to me was the Dawn’s Children. 50%!? damage resistqnce to energy weapons? The large 8x4 weighs 251, and gives you 120 durability. If you know youre fighting Helios, Athena or Destructors, now it blocks 240 damage for 251 weight. Thats Puncher-bumper-level good stats, while providing dura for your build. If you wanted to purpose build to have an edge over those weapons (if you struggle against them), building with all dawns children parts. instead of spamming good dura/weight ratio plows, you spam those and shoot through parts, and you end up with huger durability, and way, way more survivability versus those weapons.
Whereas now you just pick what you pick, because 10-15% isnt making or breaking much. 30-50% is a game changer i think.
4. Bigrams: might be working towards being viable again.
Bigfoot: more dura is gonna serve my 4 wheel cars quite nicely. Ill take it. Eat your heart out scorp players xD
Small tracks: 105 with golden eagle and omni-directional parts are capped at 85? Doubt theyll go nuke the meta or anything, but i see some very fun and pesky builds coming with that change.
5. Blight: If you use non flamer throwers, get rekt. Sorry. If you use flamers, you just got youre quick(ish) charge back, do more damage than ever before while not green flame, and you heat cabs and mastodons quicker, making your TTK faster. Its a buff all the way around, honestly.
Flamers getting +13% damage buff on non-blight builds: More builds become viable now. Ive seen heavy cab flamers push and roast a spider team and even catch a hover or two by surprise. A Triple Firebug Humpback Phobos build with the new engine could easily run down a hover capped at 85. And if it gets there all perked up (say…using a 30 second cloak to get in position? xD), its hitting with the ungodly amount of 13% + 30% + 35% x 3 = 5.34 firebugs worth of damage. Yea, thatll play i think. Point being? This was about making flamethrowers more viable on non-blight cabs. Incinerators are the real clear cut loser in the matter. Meh.
6. Cerberus: Its a dead cab, buff it til it takes over the world for all I care, it deserves a day in the sun.
Icebox: Yea, we get it people. The new perk is ironic. Its not however completely redundant. But everyone seems to be missing the extra 5÷ damage. They just god rolled your god rolled typhoons and gave you quick shot. Could be fun, and Phoons deserve some love too.
Huginn: Literally never saw one i feared. I hear the little guys be getting stomped by goblins and luparas and such. Hope it helps! >_>
7. Yokai: extra damage, slower hovers. Might slap hovers hard again.
Quasar/Pulsar: i think Pulsars might find a little bit of viability with this change. Im not seeing top CWs meta good, but a solid legendary to be concerned with at least.
Acari: This is going to ne a huge buff to Levi players attacking hover adds. Draining the plows that stop your Levi from one tapping them into nothing is huge. Of you land 2 acaeis on a target, id wager hes soft enough for your levi to murder in passing. I also think it could be straight meta against spider teams with a crack incin/acari/king/flywheel/kapkan Hadron build. Acari any target 3 times and incin them once? Their literal remaining dura should be near thier cab’s base dura. While itll stilp be relevant, it will greatly change the battles it affects now. Have two top 10 CW Puni players duke it out. One of them is likely leaving with 1 gun no matter who wins. Now have them fight with one being acari’d. You leave with 2 or even 3 guns easily. Now that changes. Getting acari’d isnt an automatic strip sentence anymore.
Thrysus: That buff plaus the new cabin buffing projectile speed and damage? This could literally be the new most absolute meta long range gun there is. Not saying it will be, but cant rule it out imo. Im down if it is.
Starfall: 10% isnt enough. The gun stays comically bad against meta. Unless you make an acari starfall and proceed to strip people down to their skivys. Eh. Maybe…
Mandrake: Uh…0.3 seconds and it starts firing again? Im not mathematician, but if you stagger fire those…would there ever be a downtime in firing? DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF,DOOF!!! I dunno, i feel like im missing something. If im not? Ill be the first to join the automatic artillery meta movement.
8. Grizzly nerf (Ermak buff): I like this. It makes other codrivers an option for most builds again. +50% duration for Ermak tho? Ermak about to go full you cant kill me mode for real 0_o
9. YOKOZUNA BUFF: I have what could only be accurately described as a fetish for this cab. With the new +3 kph speed fusion (which i have on my -mass, +mass Yoko), the 2 kph buff, the new engine, and sabbaths? Ill literally have this 22k monster moving at 120kph. That gets me excited. No, no. Like Excited. Ya dig?