Nerf Firebugos

I definitely drove a yukazuna that was doing a literal 105 kph just yesterday. And ermak does get damage resistance for it’s weapons, as does that huge f’n school bus cab. You are speaking alot of truths, but the facts are a little slanted imo.

1 Like

Exeptions…

Emark is it’s perk, it gives damage resistance to the entire vehicle, not just weapons, but only if the cabin is hit…
And it also has a higher base speed than most heavy cabins, making it instantly more usefull than other heavy cabins…
Yokozuna is a “fast cabin” it, so it does not suffer the problems heavy cabin cabins have related to speed(exept bad acceleration, that is a thing no heavy cabin can scape)there was a time that it was used on breaker builds just because that even, but due it’s below average, stats, and the lack of a “good” cabin perk, most medium cabins end up doing better than yokozuna in every situation…
Almost the same thing for machinist…

Not only the perk is not “good enought” to not make a difference most of the time, you end up losing due the lack of a “stronger perk”…
An upgraded humpback for mass limit and durability/mass with an averter, is better than a machinist in every way, the 30%+ damage makes you win more battles than machinist 25%+ durability, even if using an averter means having one less “free” energy point…

While I agree on some points, I think you’re only seeing the negatives, when there are positives. I’ll go over it point by point.

“A “good” dog team will make sure to separate the heavy builds, so each dog can fight a single player…”
I’ve said it already, the strategy against dogs is NOT to take the 1v1 and let them kill you. They are melee builds. Do you think they should lose melee 1v1s?
Dogs have all their dura stacked in front, they can only shoot forward, and they’ll always try to get you from an angle that prevents your from firing 100% of your weaps at them. That’s why you pull away from your opponent and ram another enemy melee in the butt. They have 1.5k cab dura. And that’s where heavies come into play.

“One less energy point”
Can’t say 1 more energy to heavies would be balanced, BUT it’s true that it’s definitely a huge drawback, especially since Targem pumps out 1 energy defensive modules and 12 energy weapons these days.

“Weapon durability does not scale with vehicle durability”
Debatable. My weapons survive if I get lanced in the butt with a 5k+ cab dura build. My weapons survive if I eat a 3k dmg Kaiju burst straight in the face. My weapons survive if I get Blight flamed from the side. My Kaiju would probably be unprotected on a medium or light cab.

“Heavy cabins and movement parts are too slow”
Once again, debatable. The cabs that get the most use in CW aren’t much faster anyway, and with Sabbath and Phobos, any heavy cab can now go much, much faster than before. Also, see below

“Extremelly sluggish acceleration”
“Extreme high ammount of movement parts needed”
I lumped these two togethers, because there’s a cheap solution to both (+ your previous problem): Cheetah/Oppressor. Heavy cabs are better with an engine that gives them better top speed and cut down massively on the amount of movement parts needed, than with a measly +2500 kgs and +20% movement parts dura. You have more than enough mass limit and movement parts already that you really don’t need Colossus. And there are upsides to this: Heavies are extremely hard to get a mobility kill on. Even with tonnage engines, my Kaiju 7 Bigrams and my Cohort 10 wheeler basically never get immobilized before being degunned/popped/killed.
Another positive, is the insane amount of grip you have. On wheels, I can push some ST builds NP. A Heavy Omni friend is pushing literally everything out of the way.
The other positive to this that you did not mention, is that movement parts are the best armor in the game. Wheels especially have a ludicrous dura/mass ratio, and tonnage/mass ratio to boot. The downside would be the need to put lots of wheight in your frame… but light frames are excellent armor too, so there’s that.

“Massive weight of the cabin itself”
Mostly means your CoM shifts less as you take damage (and you don’t become as susceptible to high impulse weapons). In itself it isn’t a problem, unless you’re trying to drag race with a naked Cohort.

“Very easy and large targets”
Funnily enough, my 6k dura Cohort actually fits the rectangle marking on the garage’s floor. You have much less need for really spaced armor when you’re made of 100+ dura blocks. I’d say heavy builds aren’t much bigger than their med counterparts. They definitely can’t be as flat as some med or light builds tho (which isn’t a big problem on Bigrams, more on wheels)

I’ll definitely agree on the part about transparent armor pieces being a real problem since Elbows. Tho I don’t think it shows that speed > armor… Hovers built with frontal grilles armor are actually stupidly resistant. Hovers in general are just not the super squishy thing people try to make you believe they are.

About your following post… You didn’t mention Cohort, you mentionned Ermak and Humpback being really strong… So why complain that heavies suck? Heavies don’t suck rn. Machinist, Yokozuna, Icebox and Echo suck, but that’s a different thing. They just don’t have the stats to compete with OP legendary med cabs anymore, but a simple and small stats buff on all of these would definitely make them viable, regardless of all the negatives you listed. Now I dunno about the epic ones, but Targem can (should) +50 dura +1000 mass limit the two sucky legendary ones, so the fused BP ones don’t get outperformed by unfused Ermak at least…

And just to show I’m not BSing, this is a screen from before the Draco nerf, when every other team was 11 Dracos and a Flash, and we were mostly playing heavy bricks:

Obviously, I send you back to the first point, we did not stand there trying to fight back against the first melee that rammed us. Me and Bip (Butch was Breakers) plowed through the melees until we caught a target from both ends to murder it instantly.

1 Like

I will pretend ye speak truth…if u win 90% of 1v1, you make a strong case for nerfìng something in your build. Are your wheels, cabin, or weapons too strong?

Going back to your original post, what change do you suggest? Is this a plea for help or just an opportunity to whine?

I have seen numerous spiders 1v1 dog builds. Hyperbole takes away from valid points.

I use heavy cabs often and think they are fine with 1 exception:

Acceleration is simply pathetic. Top speed is perfectly fine as is but the lack of acceleration, especially on any incline, is ridiculous. Improve their acceleration and they are 100% good.

2 Likes

you couldnt hit the broad side of a barn door, even if it was laying down flat on the ground, with a mandrake. its way to inaccurate.

i have a build thats a cohort with 2 mammoths on it, 8 bigfoots, 2 smaller wheels and 2 triangular tracks at the back for extra armor. this build is INCREDIBLY slow. it does not get up to speed fast at all and takes a very long time, however it can turn on a dime and is quite durable. its the description of a slow but tanky build. still the acceleration is next to nothing on it. i cant even fit another engine on it due to the lack of energy.
2 mammoths - 12 energy
reload module - 1 energy
trombone rockets - 2 energy

trust me the trombone rockets are worth it. if i keep landing my shots and get that +3 charge, when i hit some enemies i do 2k+ damage with the trombone heat up. its so stupidly strong.