Nerf porcs mobility blocking of own team!

Which is also a product of a poorly designed challenge and reward system.

I’m sure it’s not becuase you want to play patrols.

Or furtunes…

True story… I watched as a pair of wheels fell off a tractor trailer in front of me in traffic just outside of Atlanta, GA. These things - basically what XO calls “Twin Wheels” weigh around 300 lbs. They’ll total your car.

Being in a tractor trailer myself, and pulling doubles (76 1/2 feet of equipment), I knew I had a good chance at perhaps blocking the wheels from hitting other people. Even though other drivers had no idea what I was doing & got mad when I was cutting them off & driving like a lunatic, I did manage to pin the wheels against the inner wall-next to the fast lane. It screwed up our trailers a bit, but no real damage… just rub marks & a mangled air-skirt.

To the credit of my employer, when I reported what I’d done, they just thanked me & didn’t bother firing me for intentionally damaging their crap.

That would have demolished a car - especially if the wheels bounced over the median wall!

1 Like

i like raids, more particularly perimeter breach for hards and mediums and steel cradle for easy raids.

some people DO care about their team mates and help defend them. i for one always help defend my team mates when i see them getting ganged up on. the ones who dont care just leave you behind. i remember getting flipped before and noone helping me, but i also remember getting flipped and a guy drove 1/4 of the map just to flip me back over. the more people in the raid the harder it gets meaning we have to work together.

most players are only in it for the rewards and run porcs just to intentionally point hog. so yes i can blame THOSE players for being jerks. however not all of them are like that. i do agree though that it is a piss poor system on the devs part and it needs to be reworked. raids are about team work not a pissing contest.

dude i have posted in the forums before about letting us solo raids or just inviting people to join without randoms joining but i dont think it got anywhere. this had to have been about… idk 2 or so years ago? i cant remember tbh. but i remember posting about letting us just solo raids or letting only friends join in the raid to help get our weeklies done. it wouldve had 3 options. solo, randoms or friends only.

that i have to agree with. its sad that we have a competitive system like this in a mode that we are supposed to be working together in. i hope it does get changed in the future.

1 Like

I never really played patrol before, but I’m actually finding it a relaxing way to warm up. If I was already planning on playing the weapon of the day I’ll just do it in missions.

If copper weren’t going for so much on the market, I probably wouldn’t do any patrol, although it isn’t a bad way to test new builds before bringing them into real combat. I’m surprised how often I’m getting full 8 player teams (although often it’s a two human team too).

Anyway, patrol is much more enjoyable for me than raids.

1 Like

This is very much how I play it. I’m not always interested in an intense battle. It’s also a great way to test out a new build, as you say. If it gets shut off in patrol, it will get shut off in pvp.

I also very much enjoy playing art builds or build that are very far from whatever the current meta is. I don’t really think it’s fair to bring a rig that I know kind of sucks into a serious PVP battle. I’m not mad when people do it, but I’m not going to. At least, not on purpose. I have shown up in PvP in the completely wrong build because I wasn’t paying attention in the garage.

1 Like

Nothing is wrong or needs to be changed with porcs, it’s just a typical letter person who has a history of hysteria about an aspect of the game that is currently not going their way so they make a post and then attack those who don’t cow-tow to them, move along letter people FarmVille and candy crush is waiting for you’s
The only remote issue with porcs is if they are non-stopped spamming them for an extended period of time or if a few players are doing so you might get lag from it, nothing worth a diatribe though

1 Like

Come join the fun at 4-5k and you wont have that problem you mentioned.

1 Like

Nuff said. This guy…

1 Like

i agree ally porc barrel is blocking you or pushing you or rotating you.

ofc 80% late game players no worry since they play Hovers… ofc…

Anyway porc is too powerfull against any ground build, just noone say it since 80% cw/late players using hovers so they dont care, also porcs themselfs play mostly hovers too.

They need spam since its working against ground units, problem is game mechanic that block your ground movement when there are ally porcs.

I confess that I have occasionally entered a match forgetting that I have a race car loaded with no weapons.
Pretty hard to score 40 points that way, but I’ll still try!

1 Like

ummmm im a porc user and i never used porcs on hovers before. i use them perfectly fine on wheels. i only have 2 porcs mind you and i combine them with either 2 arbiters or a reaper.

the only real issue i have with porcs is they are to powerful on things like legs. often times i see a porc user rushing me like im on sale in a discount bargain bin at a Wal-Mart. anytime i came up against a porc user and i was on legs i just gave up. wheels are weak to porcs, treads are weak to porcs and legs are as well. sometimes porc barrels can creep under legs but its not that often. and if they are running 5 porcs well… kiss those treads and legs goodbye as well as your vehicle.

imo porcs have the highest base damage in the entire game. having 5 of them is a death sentence to anyone standing in front of you. i seen bosses in raids ripped to pieces from someone running 5 porcs… well… minus the dawns children boss because often times i see him in hard raids on hovers. then i just laugh at the porc user when he has to face hug the boss and get himself roasted and destroyed cause he doesnt have any long range guns. :rofl:

can someone explain what this guys talking about? what does he mean by “blocks your ground movement”? as far as i can tell porcs dont block your movement… at least not the ones ive run into :thinking:

This is why he said “late game player” he is assuming that they are running a completed high PS meta porc build.

High PS Meta porc builds normally run 3-5 porcs and may also use Kapcans. Also they are most common on hovers.

1 Like

I don’t see this as an issue, this is part of the rock, paper, scissors of playing porcs.

There are many builds that almost hard counter porcs.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

if i wanted to i could get 5 porcs. i can sell my 2 typhoons and my mastodon and buy more of them but i dont want to 2 porcs is all i really need. i get what you mean though.

lol name a few apart from flash and sparks. even then those arent safe. and please dont say machine guns counter them because really they dont. they can only target 1 porc at a time and often times the other 4 get to you before you blow off their front half with their own porcs. i dont know of anything else that counters them well. i remember having a ton of issues in clan wars in the past from people holding the point and just flooding it with porcs. seriously you couldnt get near them, and if you tried your build was blown apart. even 3 porcs was deadly. :woozy_face:

i think you mean rock, paper, porcupine. porcs counter alot of builds especially ground builds. legs are screwed when those are around and even if someone has sparks or flashes i dont think it does very much unless they have multiples. :thinking:

Anything on hovers with med to long range can counter porcs.

If someone with any kind of range on hovers dies to a porc player - they 1) got surprise attacked, 2) where to dumb to back peddle and move away or 3) the porc guy got a luck shot off a bounce.

And yes, MG are part of that group.

Also note that when I’m talking about this subject I assume the players are highly competent high PS PvP or CW players. We are not talking about guys running non meta builds.

I run a lot of bigram builds and sure I can die to porcs, but I kill my fair share of porc players on legs.

Also this is a team based game and not 1v1. If your build can’t defeat someone then you need to make sure your next to someone that can.

You know… its funny that “hover” is like less than 10% of all “available” movement parts, while overused. Otherwise porc would have issue only against 10% while everything else no issue.

Ofc it have more issue, but just because hovers are overused by too many people.

Im not sure on what PS how many hovers play, but in late PS or cw, 80% “hard counters porcs” while porcs still play, where would be logic. (i mean here that porc work against hovers too, but with specific build ofc)

Thier are many more things that counter porcs, just don’t have time to write a XO skill book :slight_smile:

The biggest counters to porcs are on every build in XO.

1. Battlefield awareness
  2. driving skills
  3. Flanking skills

Then to add to that we have a few things that might not be on every build

1. speed
  2. stealth

Also Spark and Flash counter porcs

Also porcs don’t aim well and bounce crazy and they are giant and can be seen a mile away. (You know the giant balls of fire?)

It’s like fighting against everything else. You have a right way and wrong way to fight a porc player.

Also - we are off subject. This thread is about porcs getting stuck under cars in PvE, lol.

Argus targets porcs too, right? I sold mine a long time ago, but thinking of getting another.

1 Like