New features of the upcoming season. Part 4

tenchichi, having more options isn’t always better, like this game has way too many different resources and ways to get em, no need tenchichi to get upset by someone having a different opinion from yours tenchichi

1 Like

Yes. I am that dude.

5 Likes

Definitely in favour of less raids to dilute player base less. Would love to get 8v8 back to console PVP, but I don’t hate 6v6. I would probably be more interested in CW if it were 6v6.

1 Like

No. It would be another 200 hours of content if done correctly. I didn’t mean those ridiculous mini-quests “deliver this to the Ivy and get 5 copper”.

Seems like you forgot that the game has many more maps. Raid ones. Event ones. Last one that was made for the 7th birthday event was great.

And since devs make good maps, they can make much more.

Are those “we” in a room with you right now? :upside_down_face:

Nothing devastating, excluding the launch, has happened to 76. The game is live and getting regular updates: every 3 months a new big update comes out.

Some words you’ll never hear about XO.

I stopped my suggestions the moment I realized they are not in a position to make a good game. I’d say they owe their souls in a Gaijin store.

Current AI is fine.

1 Like

The new memegun being an epic reaper, I am thinking it will be one of those rare weapons that uses both heating and ammo, in which case it will pair up with the Harpy cab very well due to both ammo boost and explosion boost

If it does not use any ammo, rip Equalizer press f to pay respect

You’ve said it. Exactly.
If they used up all their assets, maps, connected them, all we would get is a few hours of PvE content…
NOT what the game really needs if it wants to give the PvE crowd some interest. It’s like trying to turn your pizza place into a cake shop as well, but all you offer is one small cake made of leftover pizza.

Imagine some great MMOs (plenty to choose), but all you get is that first area with a few small maps. No one would dedicate to that.

They would have to seriously invest and dedicate to give the game a decent scale PvE (which can’t just reuse the current small maps even if connected. It needs much, much more, unless it turns into a repeating 4 hours or so of play… That would be a disaster).

1 Like

This “if done correctly” is a nice understatement. Just strapping some areas together doesnt yet make for an engaging gameplay experience. Just having more maps filled with technically same raid content (destroy stupid bots until timer runs up) is not going to be much better.
There needs to be something to work towards beyond “+X plastic” - think of regular PvE/PvP mixed online games like PoE or D(3) - you get a steady progression in PvE to a point and you can grind it in endgame for slow progress still. XO is requiring you to grind or buy resources - you cant just play through couple of PvE missions and get a special fused MG as random drop from a boss (they could sell storage for money if it was possible, if you could grind for items rather than resources). There is no “loot” to speak of and loot is the engine to run PvE. In PvP your variability comes form people you play against, in PvE its all the same, so you can at least have the reward as unknown - thats the key to most MMOs. But available loot in XO is very limited - the only variability is randomized fusing and that is not enough for consitently interesting reward in PvE over weeks.
Also there are no intersting bosses - scorpion boss is not interesting, its just op, but there are no mechanics for you to interact with (like environmental hinted attacks).

1 Like

This is one of the definite key factors.
One of the main aspects of PvE in any MMO and many single player games is ‘farming’. That means that gameplay needs to be fun (no waves of bots, but actually engaging encounters and NPCs that are VASTLY different) AND plethora of different LOOT you get by having fun engaging these NPCs.

And if this ‘loot’ is scrap, copper, or any kind of token or whatever, and not actual items, it’s not going to be any fun.
Loot in PvE needs to be just as fun as the killing.

This too:

• You play Fallout - You have fun interactive story with choice and consequences and suddenly there is a Deathclaw ripping your limbs off.

• You play Diablo - Again, good engaging story and hundreds of item drops and suddenly there is this giant spider woman spitting poison all over the screen one shotting you.

• You play WoW - You do these little quests, and suddenly you are in a 20-40 player raid fighting gigantic monster made of molten lava.

• Crossout? You kill same old copy pasted cars, and suddenly you get another car, just a little bigger with absolutely the SAME non-existing tactic.

So, this game is not and will never be PvE at any quality standard. Though it would be awesome if it could. But way, way too much work would need to be done.

To avoid further misunderstanding, here is the full list of changes.

I’m glad to see there’s a new map and all these new feature.
TweakBox Tutuapp

1 Like