New toys need in this game

Having drones and AI weapons in the game never really bother me. Sure they could be considered easy mode or even less skillful but I think there’s a place for them, even if I’m not one to use them often. Most of my drone play is reserved for BP challenges and rare moods when I feel like being chased around while I toy with that build to make improvements.

My thoughts on drone play is that it could be made to be more strategic but that will never happen if people relegate them as proxy weapons. Modules like the micro factory could actually work via savaging destroyed builds. Drone players could be preforming base defending and area of control building type of skills. Install launcher, force field… Down the line… This would be really interesting for larger maps as poi (points of interest) to defend and destroy.

The AI functionality of Caucasus was there simply to protect you while using remote weapons like Tow until players realized they could just use them without it. It’s not a weapon I’ve ever been fond of but it has it’s uses when it’s not abused. I really wouldn’t mind seeing more remote weapons though either.

1 Like

Thay doesnt define careing about something

See my comments above…

Agreed 100%… Turrets ON MY OWN TEAM are even more so.

See, that’s where you and every other person who complains about them loses me. If they are easy to play, prove it to me. I’m not saying go out there with drones and being last place. That’s not easy to play. If they were easy to play, to me, that means you do well with them. I forget who posted a video of him getting eight kills with drones. I challenge anyone else to do that. Do it with any drone. Drones are only easy to play poorly. To do well… well, since zero people saying they’re easy to use as posted a video proving such speaks for itself.

For the record, I’m guessing people think I’m some sort of drone advocate. I’m not. I can’t stand the things. I rarely ever use them, and until the helicopter event, the only place I had used in in months was tooling around in adventure mode. The reason I don’t use them is in fact because they are incredibly difficult to use effectively. You need the appropriate team, a little bit of luck with the matchmaking, need to have a very clear understanding of how those drones behave, and use every ounce of strategy and map knowledge to keep those drones both alive and useful.

You know what’s easy to use? Shotguns. Shotguns are easy to use. Mash W drive up to your enemies dump a bunch of rounds into them, and watch them explode. If anything, the only strategy you really need to use is timing. Those are easy to use. Drones? Not so much.

2 Likes

i would not do well with drones. nobody would do well with drones, no matter how skilled. thats because its physically impossible to be mvp with drones unless your team is completely useless. theyre just pretty weak, dont do much damage or help the team, theyre just annoying to play with/against. yea you could say that any weak or useless weapon is hard to play, but its not like you can play it well. you can drive around people and dodge, thats about what you do to play drones effectively

1 Like

I need to find the videos posted a few days ago that prove you wrong. Lol 8 kills. Obviously mvp. And not me! LOL.