On test server 1/27

I’ve played with the tormentors off and on over the years. I normally end up getting bored with them though and often just end up selling them off after a while. I kind of find pure melee builds kind of one dimensional as far as play style goes. I was really happy when they got rid of the overheating that the tormentors use to cause too, it made them a lot easier to use.

I’d suggest trying to upgrade the cab for dmg resistance. It lets yo deal a bit better with the ammo pack and generator explosions which tend to happen a lot. Running an averter on the cab also works well for that too.

2 Likes

I’ve had a tormentor twice now. First time I couldn’t get it to work in any satisfying way, but I’ve had a lot more luck with it the second time around.

I would definitely get bored playing melee exclusively, but I find it a good way to shake things up when I’m getting bored of shooting and start craving fast driving. Also, I like having a good variety of options in my roster, so that I can always have a counter for whatever the current meta is.

Playing counter-meta is almost as good (and sometimes better) than playing the meta. Means you always have lots of vulnerable targets to choose from.

How do you even get into this “test server”? I’ve heard of it but idk how to access it.

It’s fairly simple. At the bottom of the planned changes page they have instructions: Planned balance changes - News - Crossout It is basically a secondary launcher that you install to a different folder on your pc. Logging in to it is pretty much the same way you log in with the stand alone launcher once the install is finished. They only keep it open for the given times that are listed.

1 Like

Oh, okay thank you!! :smiley: