PC..Nerf Bots already.make players part of this game Again

Bump’
for those who missed last years debate… :dizzy_face: :crazy_face:
‘lets go brandon’

1 Like

For a while I turned off the player display names, which meant from a distance I had no idea who was a bot and who was real. Not sure if it made me better or worse, but it definitely looked nicer.

You missing a lot of intel then. Some players you should be really aware of.

This I can almost agree, but thats the idea - they make up in accuracy for whatever they lack in AI. but devs probably have enough work as it is, rather then shaping bots to your liking. Removing them will just either make game emptier and longer wait times, which is a pain as it is.

Bots Play Aggressive… They Shoot Maybe with Brain Lags but They Always Hit You :expressionless:

Remember when the bots would try to shoot fire through the walls and burn to death?
You destroy every enemy and only get 7 kills, but nobody disconnected and only the bot scored zero. Then you realize the enemy bot burned itself to death. Or you see your ally bot press it’s nose to a wall aimed at enemy on the mini map but no line of sight, detected but not seen. You watch in horror as the bot fires into the wall setting itself ablaze as it reloads to fire again, not caring it is burning itself to death as you race to ram it away. Remember those days?

Rule one: If you cannot handle the Bots at your Power Score then lower your Power Score!
Go back to 4000 PS with Goblins or Sledgehammers on a Bear or Growl or Vectors on a Nomad!

Rule two: Adapt and overcome. Create a blueprint at your favorite Power Score that you bring out when the Bots are active. Detection, Stripping Weapons, Cloaking. Be useful! Ram them Bots, they get confused!

Rule three: Help your Bots! Many no longer suicide run into the battle. Many are slow, many get stuck, seemingly on purpose to delay the suicide charge. Many run out so far and turn back home for a minute.

Rule four: Kill the enemy Bots fast! Stop avoiding them because you are too cool to kill a bot and want to fight humans! Kill the bots on the way to the humans! At least strip them! Or immobilize them! Ram them!

3 Likes

Outside of them capping, I find stripping them is sometimes better than killing them. They make great meat-shields from time to time. Once you learn that a stripped bot will run to the cap point & then bop around aimlessly, you can use them as a mobile blind - blocking enemy fire.

As for the OP, in raids, as I’ve said a few times before, they’re way over powered now… especially the leviathans.

1 Like

I normally go this route too but last week I had one actually wedge my tank build and push me out from the cover area that I had taken and into the line of fire.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I had them do a similar thing to me recently. I was using a pair of Fused Barriers to easy-farm Bots in Patrol for copper. I got away with it for quite a wile, then at some point they started sending Trucks to knock me away from the barrier, and into the line of fire of a Cannon-Bot parked up the road. They shut my exploit down.

I like the new bots.

2 Likes

Nah don’t nerf bot, nerf players and bans theses guys who self destruct in start or don’t play in the game with 20 score or less in the end. Give me more bot in my games for more balance games please.

From FaceSapce…
Screenshots_2023-06-20-10-08-23

Fix player broken please, make the game great again. For the time give me more bot.

I’ve been enjoying the new bots too. The game was starting to feel a little too easy actually.

The random team was funny with the loss because it went really fast from you got this (and I thought I did), to wow smart bot. I was surprised because no one cussed me out for losing… It was down to a crippled retcher bot in the far back corner and one other de-gunned bot on the warehouse map. So I got behind the cover blind in the center capture circle and started doing peekaboo shots from there on it. The other bot managed to pull up fast enough on one of my retreats to the cover blind to wedge and push me out. I had been keeping the extra bot alive to snag the reload bonus from it being near me.

2 Likes

I feel the bots in PVP are now great… except a couple are still absurdly OP.

In hard raids, the bots are stupidly OP. I have no intention of re-visiting raids until it’s fixed.
I posted that video showing us spending 4+minutes trying to kill the leviathan. It’s not about how hard it is… it’s just not fun.

2 Likes

Like…if a bot is chsseing me i will just lead it around a rock and keep backing off and shooting it while it struggles to get a view to shoot me. God dam boys are derpy.

Apparently we are.
Remember your words when you get wasted in PVE by a bot with a Relic or legendary, i mean…
Bots shouldn’t have Relics or Legendaries in 8k to 11 k PS bracket, specially when you have special or epic guns…
For a Practice run with low rewards, to chill out and stuff, surely some bots shouldn’t be there or even exist there.

you are missing the point by plenty.
Bots, in PVE should be dumb and not OP, like breakers, Jorgmunders, Retchers, Porcs, fortunes, and whatnot, specially if you are running rare to epic weapons.
I assume if a player wants to do PVE, primarily it’s for doing the dailies and weeklies as fast as possible or just wants to fire some shots without much fuzz, no need this type of bots in there.

If your build is over 8kPS, you will definitely be facing legendary and relic weapons in PVP, so why wouldn’t the bots have them too?

I mean once in a while I do a patrol that somehow ends up in a loss, but that’s pretty rare. If patrol were any easier it would lose all entertainment value.

3 Likes

Some of us play raids for fun not dailies.

1 Like

I like the new bots. Leave’m be, I say. As it is now, with the new and improved bots, Patrols feel like the only fair and balanced part of this game. PVP is saturated with META, exploits, and organized chat groups where loners like me struggle to survive. My “team” almost always looses in PVP no matter how well I personally do. It’s draggin me down.

Patrols, on the other hand, feel way more balanced than PVP does right now. This game is so much better without the META and the various exploits that players use, and bots don’t. Patrol is more challenging with the improved bots, so loners like me don’t just dominate matches and pwn bots at will, like I used to. That’s why never did Patrols. It was just way too damn easy…like Adventure mode still is.

Neither is very rewarding (Adventure Mode or Patrols), as far as resources go, but I’m on the fence as to whether I care or not. I like that my opponents are tough and determined to win, while not using some generic META build, cheat, exploit, or seal club. I wish PVP was like that, but it is what it is.

Leave the Bots alone, please. No nerfing the bots. Right now they are one of the best things about the game at large, IMO.

#BotLivesMatter

1 Like

When talking bots, it’s important to differentiate between raids and patrols and actual pvp.

The bots in the easy raids still seem pretty easy to take out, but that could be because I’m running fully used rigs.

The thoughts in the hard rates are absurdly hard. I posted that video of it taking 5 minutes to kill the Leviathan for a reason. That’s just stupid.

Bots in Patrol are kind of mixed. I find I am facing that dual-retcher huberville with 7K power score. That’s ridiculous. You have no chance. For the most part, though, I feel like the Bots and Patrol are fairly balanced.

In pvp, they are still easy kills for me for the most part.

1 Like

When your at max PS, patrol still feels super easy.

I just run in, no need for a strategy, stand next to all the bots, shot and they all die.

Everyone on the human team basically makes a circle around the bot team And does not move.

Sometimes the bots might get in two groups so once the first group dies you go kill the second group.