Reminder, low skill parts are required

The problem with Caucasus is, they nerfed the weapon ( firing angles) due to air combat, doing so, they double the nerf to land based Caucasus.
They behave very differently in each scenario.
In the air, they don’t seem to have the problems they have in land cause they have always sight on the target.
But in the land they only work with line of sight, terrain, teammates, debris, it’s all that’s need it to break the lock on targets.
Firing angles nerf hurt in such way the Caucasus, i had to mount a chord to do a mission , because they won’t fire at helis. (i’m not joking).
Over terrain ( inclinations) it doesn’t take much to break the lock either

Caucasus is a MG but it has it’s range very limited when compared with other MGs, there´s literally no difference on type of radar you use.

1 Like

While land caucasus also must fight drones. Nerfing angles was rather dumb. Didn’t fixed the problem and only nerfed already inferior weapon.
The problem in air lies not just in autoaim weapons in open space. I had no problems laying shots on caucasus on land builds. But in air with 3dimensional maneuvering it is very hard to lay precise shots even with hitscan weapons. I’m barely winning with 3x spectres vs 2xcaucasus.

1 Like

yesterday i had a thought ( not enough to be a theory)

And here we are playing various weapons, some older than others, playing unsuspecting weapons that we like for some reason…but are those weapons still in the devs plans
or are we playing dinosaurs and we don’t know yet?
Devs could be changing the direction of the game, the nature of the game…

case in point

Every one complained about SGs and SGs wedges, but now they are no longer the main thing.
Which may not be a good thing, cause something bigger appeared.

wedges i rarely see them, just a while i have to entertain myself with a KTM build ( harpy/hulks) a smart KTM that was shooting my drones instead of me, i had to use my build to serve as a muzzle while my drones did the Job.

Triple executioners builds are extinct .

You just want old meta to come back again, but they rarely do and it’s a good thing, means game don’t go in circles.
Any weapon pretty much works. You can play it in patrol and other pve. I notice ever more people prefer it. But no, you want it to dominate in pvp and don’t even bother to find ways to make it so.
What weapon they really did killed is Skinner. They made it hold builds for limited time because some p**sies couldn’t deal with it. That weapon had huge potential for fun. Especially now with aircraft in the game.
I can say I rather like incinerator. Is it viable in PvP? Barely. But it’s fun and effective in pve, and occasionally I take it to pvp and sometimes have it even working. It’s base damage if 86, blight cab boosts it to 136 and Billie or Jay codrivers can boost it upto 170-190, almost doubling damage. Cockpit is also interesting option to reliably give +40% damage. Go try things, it’s what xo is for.

1 Like

If you have two on a build you can hold a person for a long time, it is still infinite on allies and the map.

While I don’t agree with the limited hold, it did have some huge abuse cases, granted it was always fun watching someone being dragged into the enemy lines screaming by a tow hook.

More PS, energy cost, harder to keep effective firing angles and protection, and requires extra control

Just checked it, actually

2 skinner only give you extra 50% holding time. Even 2 skinners don’t allow infinte hold.

No, not in particular.
But there are weapons that are in opposites sides, ones deal a ton of damage and others simply can’t handle a bit of pressure.
Not just Skinners, but also, kapcans.

Incinerators doesn’t appeal to me, but they aren’t just an area denial weapon, they work as an ambush, it’s that flying Molotov that comes from no where in the middle of a riot.

I tried some already and til now i have simple tastes

I’m not getting.

Making Caucasus a manual MG?

Ok, but with no reduced damage, in raids a Caucasus deals the least amount of damage constantly, even less than certain builds 1 k / 2 k PS beneath them.

And you already have reduced damage with auto spray and prey with no fire tap capability.

nvm. I realized it just gonna suck at all roles that way, bad idea =/

Or being dragged instead of drag, now that’s funny.

1 Like

Area denial weapon is turrets under barrier.

Incinerator is weapon of mass destruction. It’s damage potential is unparalleled. It deals damage to all parts of build simultaneously, even to multiple builds. If someone stays long enough in a pool can be relieved of ALL structural parts hence all hp leaving only damaged cab and weapons, frames, modules, etc. Also heats crafts making them soak even more from other teammates.
But that only happens if someone stays in spot long enough, which is fair to balance that damage. It is very unreliable and situational, but often rather epic too.

Not in all roles.
I decided to try Caucasus and i found out that certain raids i do with them, the weight of the grind it’s much smaller.
And i can do more raids than with any other weapon i used…

As long there isn’t any OP weapons in your team, you can get 20 /25 plastic and 250 cooper reliability with less wear to the player.
In any other role or mode you are right.

you need to be playing not another game but the game in another way to play turrets well, or you are just putting turrets in the middle of nothing.

Incinerators are devastators, perfect to catch face huggers, in pile ups and so on
I will go out my way to get one

Looks like you need to eat your shoes now. please post the video here.

2 Likes

I think CC is good, clan wars is dumb whale bait but CC makes people build to a limit which is much better and shows who can really build (and who can only copy trashy meta builds).

1 Like

What made you think I give a slightest duck about turrets? I just said they were sort of area denial thing combined with barrier.
Incinerator is about catching people in area not deny them from it duh.

turrets deny an area only to teammates, often when i see turrets i don’t see nothing else
there.
Incinerators catch people and they have area denial capabilities

The thing no one seems to be doing…

1 Like

If you put group of turrets under Barrier IX enemies can’t attack them, they need to come close to start dealing with turrets, which is impractical under enemy fire. Plus barrier also cover allies from some fire. They create a problem which is better to ignore and leave area, hence area denial.

the under enemy fire is more of a denial area thing than turrets and barrier themselves.

But there you go, an argument, a plausible one but a very weak in my opinion.
those red eyed hawks do a better job at it, at least they make people move out of the zone.
I personally don’t see the appeal, but there are people who do.
There are other drones, while sharing some traits they play differently from each other, all of them do. But turrets are the most difficult to use.